• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molester Man is going full-retard. "I LIKE YOU BUT I CAN'T MAKE MY DECISION SO WE NEED TO TALK IN PERSON." It's not rocket science. If it doesn't work out then you break up.

This manga's been in full retard mode since Loli's advances.

14.5 was a good breathe of fresh air though, wish the manga had more Sachiko lol!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You know, after many, many long while of torture from things like KNIM and GE, stuff like Molester Man really is a refreshing oasis.

Some of you might say Kansai or Loli or Understanding are annoying but goddamnit all of them are pretty much angels descending from heaven compared to the characters in KNIM and GE (and Nisekoi too, let's add that one as well)

Code:Breaker 83 - 145

Lots of good arcs, and often sometimes a bit predictable as even in the most dire situations and betrayals, I somehow still manage to maintain hope that somehow the character will side with the good guys, and usually am correct. I really love how the writer settles most of the disputes, lovely hugs from Ogami to say Emperor dono was emotional, and then even to Toki (Toki still consistently hanging onto Ogami), and then Yuuki expressing nearly love for Ogami and even Toki too. The Ogami v Toki fight was the best in the manga so far, so long and so good with the epic skills of the Gauss canon from being Joker as well as for Ogami Belphegor and the dichromatic dragon -> Beelzebub. Hieki and Yukihina must be explored too as Yukihina is really good and glad he sticks around too.

Chibigami is probably my favorite, with Lost Toki and Lost Yuki forms as good ones. December 32 is so compelling.Probably would put this in my top 10 manga, I like it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Punpun Vol 11.
Yeaaaaaaaaah, okay. No. Just, no.

Shokugeki no Soma 5

Well little faith in this continuing to come in english as its in the hands of they that do Haikyuu and well weve not had that for several weeks now, so...you know.

Anyway awesome chapter, I liked the random call back to the first chapter there and Souma's panels of saying one of my favorites lines in series "Ill do x, no matter what!". He's really awesome and all the little Souma bees.

Toshishita no Ryuugi extra
tumblr_mfmhzqMn9z1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty good extra addition to the story for the two brothers, enjoyed it as it was nice for an event after the course of the manga and resolving their feelings, could still make improvement but I like the direction they headed and are heading.

You know, after many, many long while of torture from things like KNIM and GE, stuff like Molester Man really is a refreshing oasis.

Some of you might say Kansai or Loli or Understanding are annoying but goddamnit all of them are pretty much angels descending from heaven compared to the characters in KNIM and GE (and Nisekoi too, let's add that one as well)

Yeah. at least the relationships move like how they do in real life.

It's normal for the other person to be indecisive before going into a relationship. It happens.

wonzo

Banned
Centaur's Worries 18

centaurw18.png

now i can't help but think what a centaur zelda would be like. link better start training his fisting skills

Assassination Classroom 25

Yeah, this chapter was pretty shit.

food smut 5

no "disgusting food" reaction = meh

You should also read Ushio to Tora from the same guy. Probably Karakuri Circus too, but that hasn't gotten a translated chapter in more than a year. Too bad since it's awesome. Like if Kaiji became the Fullmetal Alchemist.
I'll definitely check both of those out. Shame about the later though. :(

Punpun Vol 11.
Yeaaaaaaaaah, okay. No. Just, no.
"Hello, Punpun."

In my mind Karakuri Circus ended after the first part. I mean the rest of it isn't bad, but it's such a step down from the amazing opening arc.

I would agree at first when I was convinced main dude was dead, but he came back better than ever. I'd go so far as to say the most recently translated arc is better than the opening acts. The kid hasn't even shown up in a while and it's been really awesome.

Dark Air 43

Rock N Roll baby. I love how this manwha uses musicians to increase defense and offense of their allies. Interesting faces have showed up.

It does not feel like Wednesday.

flawfuls

I would agree at first when I was convinced main dude was dead, but he came back better than ever. I'd go so far as to say the most recently translated arc is better than the opening acts. The kid hasn't even shown up in a while and it's been really awesome.

OMG. Will catch up ASAP.

PK Gaming

Yep, it's "realistic".

Oh and DTL for crying out loud stop posting Yaoi screenshot please >_____>

question:

did he always he used to do that? for some reason, I remember a period of time when he didn't post them / use them as his avy.

did you start expressing your love of yaoi because you got comfortable with this community? that's kind of touching if thats the case :)

OMG. Will catch up ASAP.

Good, then you can help spread the word so a group picks it up again!

But yeah, the boring kid being the main was the manga's dark era. Hell, I'd almost say the series was doing poorly in the ratings after Narumi "died" which is why he got brought back, but Fujita strikes me as a guy that plans ahead. It really is like a different series when Narumi is in the spotlight. Been full-on action and effective dark drama ever since he came back. Anything with Masaru feels like filler in comparison.

upandaway

Molester Man 17

It's funny how Kansai's indecisiveness annoys him but he brightens up the second she starts talking like normal again.

The vippers are great, they're almost making this manga especially these past 2.5 chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man is going full-retard. "I LIKE YOU BUT I CAN'T MAKE MY DECISION SO WE NEED TO TALK IN PERSON." It's not rocket science. If it doesn't work out then you break up.

I'm already cringing at every chapter, but its going to be full-on take a shower and cry mode if she finds his sex doll/2ch and he ends up forever alone due to either.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
question:

did he always he used to do that? for some reason, I remember a period of time when he didn't post them / use them as his avy.

did you start expressing your love of yaoi because you got comfortable with this community? that's kind of touching if thats the case :)

Many people would tell you that it's just his "shtick" right now.

I am under the impression that his yaoi-filled posts/avatar are done not because he really like them but more so that they can match his current persona, so to speak.

Eh, that's my impression anyways, sorry if I am mistaken DTL :)

Lain

Q&A vol 6
577452355c2b9411cf05e37f4650ebf601aa1068.jpg

There are bad ends, and then there is Q&A end (which is, for me, on the same level as the Darker Than Black S2 end).
To say that the way this story ends is bad is an understatement.
It's one of those type of ends that makes you go (or well, makes me go) "why did I waste all this time reading up to this point?".
An end that invalidates everything that's happened so far because it never happened is a really shitty way to go to bring closure to a story.

Fuck you Adachi, I hope your next story will have a better ending than this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Q&A vol 6
577452355c2b9411cf05e37f4650ebf601aa1068.jpg

There are bad ends, and then there is Q&A end (which is, for me, on the same level as the Darker Than Black S2 end).
To say that the way this story ends is bad is an understatement.
It's one of those type of ends that makes you go (or well, makes me go) "why did I waste all this time reading up to this point?".
An end that invalidates everything that's happened so far because it never happened is a really shitty way to go to bring closure to a story.

Fuck you Adachi, I hope your next story will have a better ending than this.

Woah, Adachi messing stuff up? :eek:

question:

But Ive posted on bl/yaoi series since 2010/OT1, so i've been following them/buying these series since I ever first got into manga. I guess it seems like more...since there are way more releases of these series now and I follow tons more Manga in general now.

I think alot of my posts indicated that I liked it, even on mainstream series. Maybe comfortable is true though still don't post about most of the series which have no plot.

There's something intangibly pure about two boys in love.
That. I like it cause of relatable characters mentally or through situations/orientation etc, good looking ideal character designs, not a fan of hetero romances, and something hugely pleasing and appealing about boys liplocking with boys, other reasons hard to put into words, I guess.

Bossun

So I started reading jojo.

I'm now somewhere in part 3 and it's the weakest part for me.
I need to get used to the stands and seeing joseph being so weak :(

Still don't understand why he completely abandoned the ripple.

smurfx

get some go again
alright manga gaf i read both toriko and magi thanks to you and enjoyed them. please recommend some more manga that i can read to get through the upcoming jump break. please don't name really popular stuff.

Bossun

Because it's mostly effective against vampires, sadly.

Yeah but it could have made a stronger or different version, like the one Kars used and that is effective against humans too. At least used them with Jojo's stand as a way to make a special stand. Not forget it altogether.

At least for Joseph, he became so weak..

And so far I am unimpressed by Star platinum. Some of the ennemies stand are much more fun and original.

But I'll see, anyway the fights are awesome and the humor is funny.

alright manga gaf i read both toriko and magi thanks to you and enjoyed them. please recommend some more manga that i can read to get through the upcoming jump break. please don't name popular stuff.

Molester Man is getting some rep lately by some posters in here and its apparently way better than the name implies.

Kurita

Molester Man is getting some rep lately by some posters in here and its apparently way better than the name implies.

Yeah, I read the first two chapters, expecting something... weird. But that's actually quite cool.

alright manga gaf i read both toriko and magi thanks to you and enjoyed them. please recommend some more manga that i can read to get through the upcoming jump break. please don't name really popular stuff.

Assassination Classroom
REAL
Giant Killing
Punpun

upandaway

You like sports right? You might wanna try Baby Steps

Leezard

Yeah but it could have made a stronger or different version, like the one Kars used and that is effective against humans too. At least used them with Jojo's stand as a way to make a special stand. Not forget it altogether.

At least for Joseph, he became so weak..

And so far I am unimpressed by Star platinum. Some of the ennemies stand are much more fun and original.

But I'll see, anyway the fights are awesome and the humor is funny.

Joseph's Hermit Purple can actually conduct the ripple, but seeing as the ripple is pretty much useless in part 3, it's only used in one scene or so. I agree that it is quite sad to see him become old and lose power levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom