• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GManDH

totally agree with that last statement, but is it bad that im upset over no manga release today and that has ruined my christmas.

totally agree with that last statement, but is it bad that im upset over no manga release today and that has ruined my christmas.

Who said theres no manga release today? I though the shonen jack series are still coming this week.

On that note at least all my yaoi mangas had huge updates, best thing to wake up too.

upandaway

I'm a muslim. We should meet up for a drink to piss off my racist relatives.
<3

@DTL, best case scenario is the big 3 by Saturday, otherwise nothing this week

Magi 167

About this panel (beginning of Aladdin's journey):

u3oN9.png

Sorta looks like the entry/exit part of a dungeon, right? Not surprising but still seems relevant.

I'm okay with the break. I still have to catch up with One Piece (meeeeeehhh), Beelzebub (welp) and KNIM (omg). I also got Onani Master Kurosawa and maybe JoJo (it might not be for me). Seeing you guys talking about Assassination Classroom makes me want to read it as well.

e: Or right. I forgot about FT. Need to catch up with that as well. Ehhh.

Wiseblade

Magi 167

About this panel (beginning of Aladdin's journey):

http://i.imgur.com/u3oN9.png[IMG]

Sorta looks like the entry/exit part of a dungeon, right? Not surprising but still seems relevant.[/QUOTE]
Well, Ugo was keeping him in a dungeon-like building all those years...
[quote="Lirlond, post: 45756248"]Is upandaway typing comments in his edit boxes? How much have I missed lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Haly, post: 45756547"]Upandaway is the Oda of MangaF.[/QUOTE]
He's not the only one!

The Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon 1-7 END

This was pretty awesome. While the concept's silly as hell, the incredibly visceral art really helps push this over the edge into something truly memorable. Read this.

You should also read Ushio to Tora from the same guy. Probably Karakuri Circus too, but that hasn't gotten a translated chapter in more than a year. Too bad since it's awesome. Like if Kaiji became the Fullmetal Alchemist.

Kusagari

Merry Christmas and all that jazz Mangaf.

Assassination Classroom 25

Interested to see what happens here. I can't see her master just attacking Korosensei like a fool.

Goodnight Punpun vol 11

I don't even...

Punpun is essentially a villain at this point. My god, what the fuck is wrong with these people. I'd almost say it'd be less depressing if these crazy cult people were right and the world really is about to end.

On the other hand, this would be a lot less depressing if I consider it a prequel to Needless, which is what crazy dude is talking about when he mentions the "black spots".

Hey Manga GAF, my mum got me this for Christmas, it's the complete manga collection
181817_4710276788769_1708428177_n_zps17fd2ef6.jpg

377780_4710274948723_719095618_n_zpsdd61d085.jpg

It's awesome! Are there any other manga available in these sort of collections?

Solune

Merry Christmas, Mangaf.

Except Solune. I hope you get beaten with a sack full of coal, Solune.

I've been pimping Boys on the Run since before you were born./Manga Hipster

I like to wait until a whole volume has been translated before reading it.

The comic is awesome. One of my very favorite at this point.
Look, I didn't mean what I said about Chihiro. We cool now?? Let's have a hug now. With our fists. Like real Shounen.
MY EYES ARE THE CHARIOT OF DRACULA'S ESSENCE
MY CILIA ARE THE CLOAK TAINTED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE CREATURES IN GOD'S DOMAIN
MY MERE GAZE EVAPORATES THE MOST SATANIC OF SPEECH AND JUDGEMENT, CASTING MY WILL AGAINST THE TERROR OF MY MORTAL ENEMIES WITH TRIUMPH

:lol never change upandaway, never change.

survivor

Banned
Hey Manga GAF, my mum got me this for Christmas, it's the complete manga collection

It's awesome! Are there any other manga available in these sort of collections?

If you mean hardcover collections with lots of great colour pages and stuff then keep an eye for Gundam Origin. First volume comes out in March. It's gonna be 10 volumes so it will take some time for the whole thing to get published. Vertical also has other good stuff like Message to Adolf or Ayako which are also hardcover, but they lack colour pages.

Another good collection is A Drifting Life. 840 pages long so it's definitely worth the money.

There is Heart of Thomas as well which is getting a nice hardcover edition. Although that manga might not be for everyone.

Kongou Banchou 107

Catching a broken blade in your stomach, then forcing itself out the other end with your hilt into the opponent. Now that's badass.

If you mean hardcover collections with lots of great colour pages and stuff then keep an eye for Gundam Origin. First volume comes out in March. It's gonna be 10 volumes so it will take some time for the whole thing to get published. Vertical also has other good stuff like Message to Adolf or Ayako which are also hardcover, but they lack colour pages.

Another good collection is A Drifting Life. 840 pages long so it's definitely worth the money.

There is Heart of Thomas as well which is getting a nice hardcover edition. Although that manga might not be for everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

scy

Mahou Shoujo of the End 6

This reminds me of those really creepy anime masks. I wonder if that's what the author was going for.

I want to keep up with this out of some morbid curiosity but I don't know if I want more character deaths.

Then again, I didn't actually like anyone in this (that isn't already dead, anyway) so maybe I won't care when they die!

scy

Horimiya 12 - Poor Toru, he never catches a goddamn break. It's rare that I actually feel kind of bad for the "rival" characters. Toru does a damn good job, though, of trying to force Miyamura to stop being so wishy washy about the situation. Goes rather well with Hori's basically confession from the previous chapter (which is what he's working off of anyway). Good guy Toru.

Horimiya 13 - ...........................................................................

...I can't tell if it was played off or if that actually works for a confession. From both of them.

Akito

Molester Man 17

iyEY0s8SNWtKL.jpg

Bwahahaha, that would be the greatest thing ever. Anyway, I still don't know what's up with Kansai being that indecisive. It would be lame if she was only considerate of Loli's feelings.

I've been pimping Boys on the Run since before you were born./Manga Hipster

I like to wait until a whole volume has been translated before reading it.

The comic is awesome. One of my very favorite at this point.

This latest batch actually ends at pretty much the best possible moment. It really is a satisfying conclusion to this "arc." I think that's why the translator didn't stop at the end of volume 7, but went into the beginning of the next volume.

OK, I'm going to stop telling people how they should read manga starting now.

So I started reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 and I'm halfway through the first volume. And the questions, oh, the questions. What the hell am I reading here? What is going on with Dio? Why does he hate JoJo that much? Why do I want to know this? What have you guys done to me?!

So I started reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 and I'm halfway through the first volume. And the questions, oh, the questions. What the hell am I reading here? What is going on with Dio? Why does he hate JoJo that much? Why do I want to know this? What have you guys done to me?!

1. Dio is becoming a God.

2. Dio hates everyone, he's an asshole.

3. Dio demands it.

416829_476238175750690_21077690_n.png

Madara says Merry Christmas!

bigkrev

Molester Man 17

I'd probably be just as pissed as him if I had to fill out a giant form just to get a 100 yen refund from an arcade machine (or vending machine).

Also, at this point, he should probably just throw Sachiko out if he can't find a place to hide it. I mean, what if he does manage to convince a girl to bang him? He brings them home and they see a giant onahole on the ground?

jman2050

Molester Man 17

Yeah seems Molester is more or less fed up with her indecisiveness. Can't wait to see how this whole thing resolves, for better or for worse.

Stulaw

Renai Boukun aka Kiss Note

It's 3 chapters long so far, it's about a high school boy who is forced into a relationship by a cosplaying girl with a "Kiss Note" (yes, seriously) where if the person written in the book isn't matched with a partner to kiss, the user of the book(aka the person who wrote it) will die. It's a harem manga, and so far so good. Also to note, the people who kissfrom the Kiss Note are guaranteed to get married.

At the moment the Harem consists of a Cosplaying Angel Cupid, a psycho yandere who was already in pove with the main guy, and her lesbian, siscon younger sister. Other characters include a guy dressed to replace the main guys pet Cat, and a random Cheetah at the end of the last chapter.

Molester Man 17

Why dobI see either a painful (and possibly fatal) mistake by Molester, or something tragic happening to Kansai in the very near future?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I still can't believe that people are actually selling stuff like Sachiko.

And even MORE blown away by the fact that there are people actually buying it. Goddamn. That's gotta be like...... the lowest of the lowest totem pole ever.

Apath

Molester Man is going full-retard. "I LIKE YOU BUT I CAN'T MAKE MY DECISION SO WE NEED TO TALK IN PERSON." It's not rocket science. If it doesn't work out then you break up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom