• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

So uh, does anybody else follow Akame ga Kiru?

I'm up to chapter 11 and I love it, but I don't think I can finish it in one sitting so I'm taking a break from the
horrible vicious murder.

What do you all think about it?

We're all still recovering from the most recent chapter.

jbug617

Banned
With the Kuroko no Basket anime news today. They also released the color page on the next manga chapter.

15486_341934539247080_1279935924_n.jpg

I love how this manga goes out of its way to show multiple sides of its characters, even the scum up there in the capital.

It's brutal in a lot of ways, but that keeps the tension up, I don't like it when manga(hell any medium) plays it safe with its main cast.

Have you read Attack on Titan? It's in a somewhat similar vein, but is much better in my opinion.

El Sloth

Banned
Akame is alright, she kind of lost her attractiveness when she started showing emotions. I was always in it for Leone, her death flag has been raised though. And yah not really a fan of sniper girl but Schere was great ;_;. There's always Esdese I guess.
This is such an otaku sentence lol. Also sounds like something out of Silence of the Lambs. Anime-GAF has corrupted you, Solune.

What about the Boss?
That thing about her using Susanoo's ultimate form or whatever killing her after three uses makes me think she's going to die in battle against Esedese.
Look, I didn't mean what I said about Chihiro. We cool now?? Let's have a hug now. With our fists. Like real Shounen.
What about real Seinen?
This latest batch actually ends at pretty much the best possible moment. It really is a satisfying conclusion to this "arc." I think that's why the translator didn't stop at the end of volume 7, but went into the beginning of the next volume.

OK, I'm going to stop telling people how they should read manga starting now.
I'll check it out sometime next. I don't like posting about Boys on the Run too much because sometimes I feel like I may be spoiling the good parts.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AN AWESOMELY GREAT MANGA THAT I AM ALMOST SURE NO ONE HERE READS!

RYUURODEN or The Legend of Dragon's Son

ed7c0a4e5ef111c78e19de6ec09bb4b5.jpg

Seriously guys, read it please. It's awesome. The fights, the settings, the story, the romance, the art (on the first volumes it wasn't that great but it evolved GREATLY on later volumes), the characters...... everything in it is great.

READ IT!

AN AWESOMELY GREAT MANGA THAT I AM ALMOST SURE NO ONE HERE READS!

RYUURODEN or The Legend of Dragon's Son

ed7c0a4e5ef111c78e19de6ec09bb4b5.jpg

Seriously guys, read it please. It's awesome. The fights, the settings, the story, the romance, the art (on the first volumes it wasn't that great but it evolved GREATLY on later volumes), the characters...... everything in it is great.

READ IT!

I'll give it a try during the weekend. How long is it?

AND READ 7 SEEDS DAMNIT.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'll give it a try during the weekend. How long is it?

AND READ 7 SEEDS DAMNIT.

Right now it's up to 26 volumes :)

At first volumes the art was a bit underwhelming but keep continuing on: it evolved GREATLY on later volumes.

7 Seeds is Shoujo yeah? I don't usually read Shoujo due to how.... predictable... most of them are. But the premise seems interesting... I'll give it a shot.

Solune

This is such an otaku sentence lol. Also sounds like something out of Silence of the Lambs. Anime-GAF has corrupted you, Solune.
Haha well, I was half joking, like how dresden likes his kuuderes. What I meant was, instead of being a cold killer she's a girl with vengeance, not unlike Yomi from Ga-Rei. I originally stayed because Leone is the haat onee-san but, I like most of the haremcast.
What about the Boss?
That thing about her using Susanoo's ultimate form or whatever killing her after three uses makes me think she's going to die in battle against Esedese.

What about real Seinen?
The boss is pretty cool, I thought she was a guy at first actually lmao.

I'm in my mid twenties, I don't want to be an old man just yet.
Molester Man: 17

Why doesn't he just get rid of Sachiko?

Because he needs something to fall back on when he gets rejected.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Akame no Kiru ch33 Xmas Edition

SPOILER FOR CHAPTER 33!!!!

I see her death many chapter ago when she fall in love with the MC, she even have "1 Time Use MC Power-Up" written all over her face. I was ready for her dead, but not this way man, not this way :(

At first I was kind of relief when I saw the "successful" assassination. The death was pretty convincing since they did a flash back on her.

"YAY She will survive for another few chapters!"

Then she get slowly hunted down, and head on pike. "Marry Xmas!"

I got so upset I went on to finish playing the second half of Spec Ops: The Line to express my anger. That was a horrible idea...

scy

Akame no Kiru ch33 Xmas Edition

SPOILER FOR CHAPTER 33!!!!

I see her death many chapter ago when she fall in love with the MC, she even have "1 Time Use MC Power-Up" written all over her face. I was ready for her dead, but not this way man, not this way :(

At first I was kind of relief when I saw the "successful" assassination. The death was pretty convincing since they did a flash back on her.

"YAY She will survive for another few chapters!"

Then she get slowly hunted down, and head on pike. "Marry Xmas!"

I got so upset I went on to finish playing the second half of Spec Ops: The Line to express my anger. That was a horrible idea...

CHRISTMAS RUINED.
Yeah, we death flag lol'd her for the past forever. I was still not expecting her to go out this way :(

I am now all caught up with Akame ga Kiru.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't drained emotionally.

Welcome to the sad.

bigkrev

Deadman Wonderland Manga to Return From Hiatus in January...but its entering its final arc.

Fell in love with the anime. What chapter can I skip to if I've seen it, or is the anime all original and I need to start at chapter 1?

Assassination Classroom already has 1,600,000 copies in circulation from just the first two volumes.

Glad to see quality titles selling well. I'd probably wait another year before turning it into an anime though

survivor

Banned
Fell in love with the anime. What chapter can I skip to if I've seen it, or is the anime all original and I need to start at chapter 1?
Read the manga from the beginning. There is an important character in the manga that doesn't appear in the anime.

jchap

Onepunch-Man 20

I keep thinking the whole dramatic build up to a plain face onepunch punch line will get old but it never does.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

At first volumes the art was a bit underwhelming but keep continuing on: it evolved GREATLY on later volumes.

7 Seeds is Shoujo yeah? I don't usually read Shoujo due to how.... predictable... most of them are. But the premise seems interesting... I'll give it a shot.

The only thing shoujo about 7 seeds is the art style and some character archetypes.

Just be sure to get through to the second team, which I think is the second volume?

Articalys

Jump Double Issue #6~7 TOC

Kuroko no Basket (Lead CP, Full Colour)
One Piece
Naruto
Assassination Classroom
Nisekyuu!! (Center Colour, Nisekoi x Haikyuu!! Collaboration Manga 15pg.)
Toriko
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi (Center Colour)
Gintama
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Sket Dance
Hyoujou Fupu (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Shokugeki no Soma
Beelzebub
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker (First chapter ranking)
Kochikame
Kurogane
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Retsu!!! Date-senpai

Art wise it does look Shoujo but plot wise, it's more Seinen.

It's basically a post apocalyptic manga done well. And like antiwhippy said, it starts to get really good when you meet the second team.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Art wise it does look Shoujo but plot wise, it's more Seinen.

It's basically a post apocalyptic manga done well. And like antiwhippy said, it starts to get really good when you meet the second team.

Gets pretty amazing once you've reached the winter team arc, and then it just gets better and better.

The World God Only Knows 01-213

This is awesome, blah, blah, I know what's everyone's waiting for:

Yui > Shiori > Ayumi > Chihiro > Haqua > Elise > Tenri > Sumire > Kanon > Kusunoki > Tsukiyo > Mio > Jun > Hinoki > Yokkyun > Minami > Nora > Nanaka

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Naruto's finally acknowledging Hinata? About damn time. This better keep, Kishi, I swear to god.

Lol Hinata'll be dead soon enough.

Articalys

Naruto 615

I'll be damned if this actually goes anywhere, but I'm pretty sure not even Kishimoto would try to kill the same character twice (even if the first time didn't count).

That said, my inner NaruHina fanboy is going berserk right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

Hinata gets the spotlight?!? Hinata end confirmed, look at that shit. She's being all important and whatnot. Hinata did more in three chapters than every other girl did in the entire manga and shit is about to go down even harder.

Also dat hand holding.

If Neji's death gives rise to Hinata being awesome then I take back all the shit I said about how it was pointless to have him eat it last week.

Naruto 615

I'll be damned if this actually goes anywhere, but I'm pretty sure not even Kishimoto would try to kill the same character twice (even if the first time didn't count).

That said, my inner NaruHina fanboy is going berserk right now.

I know that spoilered feel.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto
I think Hinata is actually the most useful female in this manga now. Granted that's not saying much, but still! Even if all she ever does is renew Naruto's confidence, it would still be one of the most useful actions since it would prevent crying Naruto from reappears constantly.

Articalys

Also, that seemed like a hilariously weak slap. Either that was the intent, or maybe it'll look better in motion once the anime gets this far in, oh, a couple years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom