• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

hey i am new to anime movies

i watched Berserk Golden Age Arc I: The Egg of the King and i was wondering what other anime movies would you guys suggest watching?

Molester Man 18

After reading 20 chapters of One Punch Man and 4 volumes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, my eyes fucking hurt from this art. I know that no one reads this for the art, but a bit more effort would be appreciated.

Still, what a chapter. It started off okay, got really good with the Molester Man committee and Lord Molester Man-sama. But then, holy shit. Shit really got mother fucking realer than real. I couldn't believe that it happened and was waiting and waiting for the daydream panel. To be honest, I still can't believe it. What the hell. After reading KNIM for a long time, I can't believe that this really happened. Molester Man is obviously more realistic, but this just caught me off guard, especially with how indecisive she was/is.

And that ending. That stare. My god.

I want more.

This was clearly my chapter of the week.

Shouta

Naruto

Dear God, I just heard the sonic boom created by those shippers.

This next chapter should be quite amusing.

Apath

Molester Man redeemed itself.

Molester Man 18
Still, what a chapter. It started off okay, got really good with the Molester Man committee and Lord Molester Man-sama. But then, holy shit. Shit really got mother fucking realer than real. I couldn't believe that it happened and was waiting and waiting for the daydream panel. To be honest, I still can't believe it. What the hell. After reading KNIM for a long time, I can't believe that this really happened. Molester Man is obviously more realistic, but this just caught me off guard, especially with how indecisive she was/is.

And that ending. That stare. My god.

I want more.

This was clearly my chapter of the week.
Totally. I was constantly waiting for the panel to go "jay kay el oh el".

Dresden

Molester Man 18

After reading 20 chapters of One Punch Man and 4 volumes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, my eyes fucking hurt from this art. I know that no one reads this for the art, but a bit more effort would be appreciated.
It's a doujin from 2004 that just lacks polish. The character art is fine.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Molester Man 18

vZltg.jpg

That pretty much sums up the chapter

Bleach

I loved this chapter. The comedy was great. It´s heaven for Kon. At first i thought that all of these chicks were his zampakto, but they are not his zampakto. It´s great to confront Ichigo about his lack of love for Zangetsu. Nimaiya shows that zampakto can be living being and not just swords with spirits.

Edit: I finally found Hiyori´s long lost sister :p

I can already tell Kishi is going to pull NaruHina out of his ass. Fucking a that's going to piss me off he does that dumb shit like fanfiction
Gotta please the fans, man.
Molester Man redeemed itself.
Totally. I was constantly waiting for the panel to go "jay kay el oh el".

Absolutely. There's been so much baiting and switching, I actually took the appearance of Lord Molester Man as a hint.

GyFY5.jpg

("Who said this wasn't just a dream?")

I knoooow, but it's so rough and unpolished and I'm not used to that. :( actually, I didn't know it was from 2004, but still. I was only familiar with KNIM before this and that looks pretty good.

But like I said, no one reads Molester Man for the art, it's just that sometimes I wish it looked a bit nicer.

Speaking of art that makes your eyes bleed, has anyone else thought the last few chapters of Naruto look really bad? The completely black backgrounds make it look like the battle is taking place in the void.

Dresden

I knoooow, but it's so rough and unpolished and I'm not used to that. :( actually, I didn't know it was from 2004, but still. I was only familiar with KNIM before this and that looks pretty good.

But like I said, no one reads Molester Man for the art, it's just that sometimes I wish it looked a bit nicer.
It's those rough borders that gets me more than anything else. I wish I could just take a ruler and... make them straight. #ocd

Herla

Molester Man 18

This single chapter might be better than the entirety of Onani Master. And Molester Man might've become one of my absolute favorite manga I've ever had the pleasure to read.
And this is depressing, because there's pretty much nothing else like it (apart from OMK, in a way).

Apparently YOKO is now serialized in a magazine but, sadly, only as an artist for a manga that looks nothing like his previous works. Such a shame, really. I guess I'll just have to re-read OMK again...it's not gonna hurt that much the second time, is it?

And since I'm already here...

Vinland Saga 89

I guess Farmland Saga is over, for good. A while ago I couldn't wait for it to happen, but now I can't help but dread what might happen next. Still, I hope Thorfinn doesn't chicken out and takes back Askeladd's sword.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Molester Man 18

This single chapter might be better than the entirety of Onani Master. And Molester Man might've become one of my absolute favorite manga I've ever had the pleasure to read.
And this is depressing, because there's pretty much nothing else like it (apart from OMK, in a way).

*Shot you with the Bazooka of Truth*

NO.

Anyways, Bleach. I never really had ever thought about this, but reading this chapter suddenly made me realize something: Kubo's way of joking or making humorous scenes never, for once, managed to make me laugh, giggle, or even smile. Just... indifferent. I never really had ever thought about it, but now I think Bleach's jokes were/are just so lame overall for me. Huh.

Bleach

This scene was just too funny

And i found this interesting post on BA
These "living Zanpakuto" are not that different from Starrk and Lilynette's relationship. While Starrk chose to seal his powers into the form of Lilynette, Ouetsu has demonstrated that Zanpakuto can come not only in sword form, but in the form of "living individuals" as well.

The Zanpakuto as we know it is just the most prominent example of Zanpakuto. Living Zanpakuto, on the other hand, is an entirely different story.

Saiyan5ninetail made that post.

wonzo

Banned
He'll get his one taste of happiness in the real world and then a lifetime with Sachiko as his only companion. (Ressentiment spoilers incoming)
Otherwise known as the Ressentiment end.
Nah, if it was a Ressentiment end then
Sachiko would impregnate Kansai and have both waifus taken from him in one fell swoop.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
*Shot you with the Bazooka of Truth*

NO.

Anyways, Bleach. I never really had ever thought about this, but reading this chapter suddenly made me realize something: Kubo's way of joking or making humorous scenes never, for once, managed to make me laugh, giggle, or even smile. Just... indifferent. I never really had ever thought about it, but now I think Bleach's jokes were/are just so lame overall for me. Huh.

The jokes don't always work. They rarely do for me either, a few of them do but the stupid "make this pose so I can make you look dumb" shit is plain bad.

Bleach

Dude was as expected (pretty flamboyant) but gave some more cool info.

Didn't really dig the comedy being pushed here but i still liked the scene with the nice looking "women" and the jump kick

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man

HolyShitBalls that happened. Shit just got realer than real pretty much describes the entire chapter. Only thing missing was vipper reaction.

Articalys

I'm going to wait for the other translation before I comment on this week's Bleach, since I think they'll do more justice to Ouetsu's way of speaking, but he seems pretty cool for now.

Kreed

Molester Man 18:

*Gets to sex scene*

*quickly flips through pages waiting for the inevitable "it was all just a dream sequence" reveal*

*gets to the end of the chapter*

...WHAT?!?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The jokes don't always work. They rarely do for me either, a few of them do but the stupid "make this pose so I can make you look dumb" shit is plain bad.

Well in my case they never work. For some reason I don't think even Kubo thinks his jokes are funny, like he's putting it there just to fill a quota or to fill empty pages or something and not because he wants to. That's the sort of vibe I am getting from Bleach's jokes.

Molester Man

Maybe it's just cultural difference, but I am rather mindblown by the fact that Kansai is still saying no right after she's done it with Molester. I mean, what the.........?????

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man 18:

*Gets to sex scene*

*quickly flips through pages waiting for the inevitable "it was all just a dream sequence" reveal*

*gets to the end of the chapter*

...WHAT?!?

The only thing that was a little odd was the ending scene. How does that even occur? I don't think we've ever seen a scene that wasn't told from MM's perspective.

Molester Man

Maybe it's just cultural difference, but I am rather mindblown by the fact that Kansai is still saying no right after she's done it with Molester. I mean, what the.........?????

I don't really get what the big deal is anyways. It's not either Molester Man or Kansai's fault that he wasn't interested in Loli.

Bossun

I don't really get what the big deal is anyways. It's not either Molester Man or Kansai's fault that he wasn't interested in Loli.

Typical Japanese BS, at least in manga, if you reject someone for the best reason in the world, i:e you don't love him/her and you love someone else, you are just a heartless bastard that is taking advantage of the person. I think they believe the good answer is to go out with the person and pretend, just to spare her feelings.

The only thing that was a little odd was the ending scene. How does that even occur? I don't think we've ever seen a scene that wasn't told from MM's perspective.
Who said that the scene wasn't from Molester Man's perspective and that wasn't Miss Undie's real stalker, who now turned into Kansai's stalker?

d6cZg.jpg

That is true, but it's still a bad and awkward situation for both of them. They were friends after all, so I can understand that Kansai wants to settle this. I mean, there's no way she'll back off now.

It still doesn't explain why she lied about the stalker.

Dresden

I honestly really like the rough art in Molester Man, especially those uneven borders.

For me it's the shadowing more than anything. The uneven borders ...

... add to the humor, IMO.

Just looks much better with solid lines, I think.

Comparison:

A: http://i.imgur.com/tvjk7.jpg

B: http://i.imgur.com/66IRy.jpg

It's just... cleaner. It's a minor quibble but the space between the panels get solidified, too, which helps the transition between each one.

Solune

I honestly really like the rough art in Molester Man, especially those uneven borders.

True nakama. The rough art helps to amplify Molester's reactions, and they sell the scene more often than not.

As for Kansai not saying yes after having sex. I think it's just her way of showing the level of commitment she's willing to go with, as long as she gets Loli's "approval".

I mean I'd be pissed if I was in Molester's position, but relative to Kansai it sort of makes sense.

Articalys

I feel like the rough art also probably helped Yoko pull off all these ridiculous parodies and references like the whole JoJo page last chapter and the Aizen thing this time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Molester Man is a doujin so the mangaka pretty much only works alone right?

That's quite an achievement. Oh, and the roughness of the art just adds to the charm.

Yeah, but you gotta admit Molester's parting words to Loli gotta hurt so much for the girl.

Kusagari

I feel like Kansai likes Molester romantically, but obviously nowhere near as much as he does her. She's been friends with Loli for way longer and seems to value her friendship with her a lot.

I can understand her being torn between a good friend and some guy who she probably doesn't see herself with in 5 years.

Apath

Well, Molester did treat her pretty badly. I can understand a desire to clear the air.
By rejecting her? He asked her a stupid question, but overall he was pretty nice about it. He pretty much said he was flattered but had feelings for someone else.

Solune

By rejecting her? He asked her a stupid question, but overall he was pretty nice about it. He pretty much said he was flattered but had feelings for someone else.

Well this was already discussed but he also peeked on her while showering, lead her on while he was at her house, also asking about Kansai while being alone with her, and flat out refused her when he gave her mixed signals at his OWN house.

Overall he was a nice guy to her, but unconsciously did alot of assholish things to Loli.

Angry Grimace

I feel like Kansai likes Molester romantically, but obviously nowhere near as much as he does her. She's been friends with Loli for way longer and seems to value her friendship with her a lot.

I can understand her being torn between a good friend and some guy who she probably doesn't see herself with in 5 years.

I don't know. That seems suspect given she just had sex with the guy (and it was hardly spur of the moment, she didn't have to invite him over in the first place.). Her character would have to have been badly misrepresented for her to both do that and not really like Molester all that much. I also think it probably would have been way more apparent that Loli and Kansai were superpals (but maybe not, those last few panels are the first part I remember in the series that show something being narrated from a perspective other than Molester Man's)

Well this was already discussed but he also peeked on her while showering, lead her on while he was at her house, also asking about Kansai while being alone with her, and flat out refused her when he gave her mixed signals at his OWN house.

Overall he was a nice guy to her, but unconsciously did alot of assholish things to Loli.

Those things honestly didn't seem that bad in context; the guy's just kind of clueless.

The thread is from 2004, I don't think the doujin itself is.

Molester Man 18

SHIT JUST GOT REAL! Wow he did it, now to the Loli vs Kansai. Dat Loli death stare.

Naruto

This is a death flag
Please be not

Bleach

Boobs. The guy was funny.

One Piece

Oh Law you evil bastard. Doflamingo is pissed, cant wait next chapter T_________T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom