• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herla

That's quite an achievement. Oh, and the roughness of the art just adds to the charm.

Exactly.
Here's serialized YOKO:

RR4cE.png

It's polished, but generic and nowhere near as intriguing.

Mr. Fix

Bleach

Boobs. We still have 2 more of the Guards to go through I think, and that certainly won't be starting in the next chapter. Hopefully what they go through is reminiscent of Ichigo's experience with his Zanpakuto.

It feels like they're being buffed for minor effort. I hope this isn't the case.

Anyways, Bleach. I never really had ever thought about this, but reading this chapter suddenly made me realize something: Kubo's way of joking or making humorous scenes never, for once, managed to make me laugh, giggle, or even smile. Just... indifferent. I never really had ever thought about it, but now I think Bleach's jokes were/are just so lame overall for me. Huh.

I kinda feel the same way. It works sometimes though.

Dear God, I just heard the sonic boom created by those shippers.

HachibixJuubi rising.

Qurupeke

One Piece

Oh great. Unexpected and awesome. But I really don't want to see something like what happened with Kuma in Thriller Bark.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Brilliant move on Law's part with the whole switch-a-roo of hearts. And I totally called the whole Doflamingo coming to the island ala Kuma/Thriller Bark style. I just hope that if he shows up, we get a semi-proper fight since Luffy is in good shape compared to how he was on Thriller Bark. I'm betting it's just going to be a quick dialoge exchange, since it seems very unlikely we'd get an all-out Doflamingo Vs. Luffy without an full arc involving Doflamingo's crew vs. the rest of the Straw Hat's as well. Still, I'm sure there will only be awesomeness waiting ahead in the next few chapters...

And am I the only one that thinks Baby 5's DF has the weirdest transformations ever? She turned her head into a cannon.... a fucking cannon.... Just wow.

Azure J

So let me get this straight, in one night where I was initially reading trashy manga (Blade Play) and fun but fluff manga (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) before going off to party it up with the siblings, we had based on thread responses:

- The Naruto OTP being further hinted at in the stagnation that is current Naruto
- "Akame Ga Kill gonna Akame Ga Kill" way earlier than expected (Chelsea D':)
- Another interesting and humorous Bleach chapter
- One Punch Man & Molester Man getting updated
- One Piece delivering on its "shit getting real" quota on what looks to be the conclusion of the arc?

Geez, Manga Christmas is awesome. :)

EDIT: Molester Man is the best thing to happen to my manga repetoire in months. Hoooooly fuck the committee. I also see that Shit Got Real panel being used endlessly from now on.

Naruto
Boy is this chapter going to make some shippers happy .
Other than that the fight goes on .

Bleach
Okay chapter .

One Piece
Well we saw it coming but it's still awesome that Law switch the hearts .
Doflamingo coming to the island don't think he going to get there before the SH and Law leave .
Can wait to see him fight .

Bleach

Drifting again into the vortex of mediocrity and boringness. I wanted to believe but so far he has totally botched the Zero Division with the last two characters being totally forgettable. You could call this a return to form.

Also boobs.

Naruto

was that... supposed to be a slap? "snap out of it!... wait imma touch you some more". Another shit chapter in a series of shit chapters where the only panel worth a damn is the very last one.

Don't cry DTL.

One Piece

I can't get over Baby 5's "I'm needed" expression :lol Law switching hearts was obvious and I'm happy to see this arc coming to an end. What a killer last panel.

What Would be the nominees?

One Punch Man
Molester Man
Assassination Classroom

And...

Hunter x Hunter
;_;

Fuck. The more I think about that naruto chapter the more it pisses me off that the shit came out of fucking nowhere. Not to say I prefer Sakura but at least that would make SOME sort of sense.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eh, translator-fan mentioned it was before OMK and TsunBaka, the former of which was 2006. I'm inclined to trust the MU date for it for now.

Aizen didn't even do his face-heel turn until 2005.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I didn't expect Molester Man to become one of my favorite manga this year.
I also like it more than Onani Master.

Another heathen!

*Whips out my Bazooka of Truth*

I'll defend Onani Master with my life!

Fuck. The more I think about that naruto chapter the more it pisses me off that the shit came out of fucking nowhere. Not to say I prefer Sakura but at least that would make SOME sort of sense.

Indeed, but eh, you never know; probably this won't end up anywhere just like Hinata's last confession, hahaha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There isn't any context for any pairing actually occurring at all in Naruto.

Articalys

On this note, open question for anyone: what are some shonen action series where you feel that there's a well-developed relationship between a lead male and female character?

Angry Grimace

Your point? The later chapters probably happened around 05. I doubt Yoko was cranking them out daily.
My point is that its pretty unlikely that he decided to do a parody of an event that occurred like a month prior and assume anyone would understand it; the joke wouldn't even make sense in that context since Aizen had that appearance for like 5 panels and then didn't show up again for a year or so.

Anybody getting together requires bullshitting since the only things we've ever seen are single-sided.

Herla

Another heathen!

Onani Master is terrific, but it still needed a silly premise to achieve greatness :p
Making normality entertaining and interesting is a greater achievement. Or at least that's what I think.

Naruto

As both a Hinata fan and a Bee fan I'm nothing but OVER JOYED!

Gotta read up on the better scans when I wake up ... and see what the fans have to say.
Watching shipping wars is a guilty pleasure for me :]

Dresden

Another heathen!

Sda5T.png

Not that I think the events in MM really happened, but they still feel relatable and lifelike in a way that OMK never did. Also the 2ch anons are basically the Greek chorus in this, which is pretty amusing.

My point is that its pretty unlikely that he decided to do a parody of an event that occurred like a month prior and assume anyone would understand it; the joke wouldn't even make sense in that context since Aizen had that appearance for like 5 panels and then didn't show up again for a year or so.
You might be overestimating the need for parody to be understood (how many people get all the Baki the Grappler refs?). Besides, the audience for this was so niche that the timeframe probably isn't an issue.

upandaway

I'm a bit too shaken by One Piece and Molester Man back to back so I doubt I can say anything coherent, I'll just echo everything so far

ridiculous morning oh my god

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Molester Man 18

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

The two images I was gonna use were already used last page, though :(

Naruto

I suspect the pairing wars will erupt again, never cared for it myself, nothing happened this chapter except talk no jutsu, will Neji come back to life since he didn't appear in Narutos mind?

Omamori Himari 62

OM NOM NOM NOM

Somewhere along the line I've come to enjoy this a lot more. Probably because of its darker edge which occasionally seeps through the fanservicey exterior. It can't be the boobs because Shizuku is the best character.

Akito

Molester Man
This fucking chapter. And dat death stare at the end. Kansai ending is more than likely now, sorry Sachiko.
I also happen to prefer YOKO's rough art over his clean style.

Bleach
Yeah, I didn't laugh at any of the jokes this time either. Hell, I don't even remember the last time Bleach has made me laugh.

Naruto
Oh shit, holding hands, Sakura forever alone :lol
I couldn't care less about shipping, but kudos to Hinata for actually doing something useful

One Piece
Yeah, we saw the twist coming but man, I didn't expect DoFlammingo to appear so soon. If he arrives on time, the will be blood.
thisgonnabegood.jpg

Molester Man

Angry Loli's pretty hot.

Naruto

I love me some Hinata and Killer Bee and I still think this chapter was really lame.

Bleach

I didn't laugh.

One Piece

Okay chapter, but most of us predicted the heart twist already,
so that wasn't too surprising.

Curious what Dofla being on the move will end up doing to this arc.
Don't have much to say about it yet cause it could go in a lot of directions.

Also
Edit: Also mangagaf, I feel like doing some pixelart of manga characters.

Pick someone for me to pixel.

Desmond

I have a feeling Naruto/Hinata are going to do asome love attack and beat the EyeHax Alliance sooner than we think. Story will move towards Sasuke, who meets the Man with all the answers (probably the Evil son of the Sage, who is still alive due to wood hax). Kishi will shoehorn in another timeskip somehow. I can't see Naruto and Sasuke fighting so soon after the war, there has to be a break in the action.

I hope the Byakugan plays a big role in defeating the Uchihas. It was supposed to be a better bloodline than the Uchiha in part one, before Kishimoto decided to buff the hell out of the sharingan.

ccbfan

Manga-Gaf

Recommend me a manga/anime that has this premise.

A character seems super weak but actually the character is actually super string but the character is purposely holding back for some reason.

Some examples are Trigun, Tora Kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom