• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Manga-Gaf

Recommend me a manga/anime that has this premise.

A character seems super weak but actually the character is actually super string but the character is purposely holding back for some reason.

Some examples are Trigun, Tora Kiss
Kenshin
Black Cat

Haikyuu!! 31
tumblr_mfp2ngBTWC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Some fun and intense moments, though Kuroo needs a few more moments, as Kenma gets most of their screentime for nekoma, not that I mind cause I like him. The plain guys on the teams get good time too, which is good. I think it may be time for a training arc for Hinata and Kageyama.

Wiseblade

Naruto

Is nobody going to bring up the fact that he's neglected Hinata ever since she said that she loved him with her dying (lol) breath, around 200 chapters ago? Because yeah.

scy

Naruto

Is nobody going to bring up the fact that he's neglected Hinata ever since she said that she loved him with her dying (lol) breath, around 200 chapters ago? Because yeah.

There's been a lot of neglecting going on in general, to be honest.

Kusagari

I really don't get the finality that seems to be going around the Naruto fanbase thinking this confirms Naruto/Hinata.

But I guess shippers are gonna ship.

Naruto 615

Obito was pretty harsh and it was kind of sad to bring up the memories of all the characters Naruto lost, but thankfully Kishimoto is great and making things inspirational so the reminder of the nendo, the ninja way, never going back on his word, was perhaps one of the best parts to this arc.

Unfortunately what a sour way to end Naruto in 2012 and such, the handholding was so unnecessary and forced and awkward.

Wiseblade

You could also bring up how Kishimoto neglected Sakura.

Yeah, but the Hinate neglect has been something special. Like, he's had opportunities to talk to her after the whole Pain thing, like when Sakura gathered all the rookies to convince Naruto to kill Sasuke. But he blanked her like she was Tenten. Even though I called a Hinata end from the beginning (she was always the Chi Chi of the series) the heartless neglect of that chartacter leaves this chapter feeling empty. Especially after reading Baby Steps not too long ago.

Speaking of Chi Chi, did anyone else find it funny how Toriyama seemed to forget that she was supposed to be younger than Bulma after Gohan was born?

Khezu

Naruto

To be fair he hasn't really had much of a chance to talk to her.
Right after the pain thing he went straight to the Kage meeting, then he was back for about a day before he was shipped off with Bee.

Holy shit I forgot about it. I second this!

Have you made any games/movies by the way?

I've done work for one or two games, movies not so much lol.

I'm looking into Mikasa and Kumagawa, though it's a bit difficult to get a sense of either
without knowing much about their source material.

Is Kumagawa a villain? What's up with the giant screws?

Steroyd

Naruto

Normally I don't partake in shipping wars buuuuuuuuut.

OTP OTP OTP!! *pumps fist* Hells yeah!

One Piece

Well that was a predictable chapter.

*flips to last page*

Oh shit son, wasn't expecting that so soon!

Neorice if you could make Yotsuba from Yotsubato!.

Pandora Hearts 80

Man thats fucked up. This recent strings of chapters were only bombshells.

Kusagari

I've done work for one or two games, movies not so much lol.

I'm looking into Mikasa and Kumagawa, though it's a bit difficult to get a sense of either
without knowing much about their source material.

Is Kumagawa a villain? What's up with the giant screws?

He starts off as a villain, but turns more into an anti-hero.

Basically he's batshit insane and the screws are his main weapons and form of attack.

gunbo13

On this note, open question for anyone: what are some shonen action series where you feel that there's a well-developed relationship between a lead male and female character?
Change 123, Chrno Crusade, and Lunar Legend Chronicles.

Also Change 123 has boobs. Shounen action almost always have garbage level romantic sub-plots.

Kurita

Assassination Classroom 25
Decent chapter, I guess Bitch-sensei will get the help of Koro-sensei.

Haikyuu!! 31
Great stuff by both teams here, Hinata found his rival, that's cool.

kumagawa_by_neoriceisgood-d5pfxq7.png

roronoa_zoro_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pfxzd.png

aizen_avatar2_by_neoriceisgood-d5pfych.png

saitama_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pfyl7.png

Kumagawa, avatar-sized in case anyone wants it.

/edit

here's an avatar-sized zoro for you as well, Echothreealpha, rather than a cut-off.

/edit2

And Aizen.

/edit3

and Saitama.

Pimpwerx

Bleach
IDKWTF. I assume this chapter was to establish the new guy's personality and some of his powers. Hopefully next chapter gets the process started.

Naruto
These Hyuugas are great ninjas, as they disappeared for most of the second half, and only pop up at random moments to lend emotional support. The 8tails did a nice job on the juubi, but that's hardly gonna stop it. I hope Naruto discovers some new Byakugan-based powerup for this next attack.

One Piece
Whoa! Shit's about to get real. Doflamingo is gonna own someone pretty bad. I don't know if Luffy is at his level yet, but maybe if Law and Luffy confront him together. Oh man, this is like if Crocodile said fuck it and traveled to Little Garden, instead of waiting at Alabaster. I expect someone important to die this time around. Not a Strawhat, but maybe Law or Smoker. I only feel this way because Doflamingo was one of the strongest warlords and I think it's been hinted that he's connected somehow to the elders. PEACE.

Naruto

The past few weeks have made me go from "Hinata she's whatever" to "Hinata X Naruto is best couple". If Naruto ends up with Sakura now I'm going to rage.

Bleach

Funny set up for what should be an awesome training chapter

One Piece

Here comes Doflammingo, congrats to the guy who called Monet's heart before everyone else good job

jman2050

Molester Man 18

dat swag

Oh japanese mating culture you're so strange sometimes. Forget Loli, to the winner goes the spoils and all that jazz. Kansai end seems more or less confirmed, but that staredown from Loli was something else. We're at the Final Boss people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom