• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Molester Man 18

dat swag

Oh japanese mating culture you're so strange sometimes. Forget Loli, to the winner goes the spoils and all that jazz. Kansai end seems more or less confirmed, but that staredown from Loli was something else. We're at the Final Boss people!

This has nothing to do with Japan. This is universal, this situation happens everywhere.

Bleach 522
tumblr_inline_mfp6upfpNv1qb9i9c.png

One of Ichigo's best looks, like it whenever Kubo does that. Think much of the chapter was alright, dont like the new character that much, too over the top I guess and just an overall lack of interest. Though liked Ichigos face.

I wonder if human form zanpaktou will show up, maybe? hopefully zangetsu, not the oldman.

Snakeyes

Man, Naruto has almost reached Bleach levels of crap in the last 50 chapters.

One Piece: almost flawless, as usual.
Didn't know flamingos could fly.

Steroyd

Don't you bring up precedent here!

Really though, I just like Sakura more than Hinata.

To be quite honest I wouldn't have minded Naruto x Sakura which was being subtley hinted post timeskip... but then that confession just to stop Naruto from going to meet with Sasuske (and screwing up the assaination attempt the way she did), just out and out murdered the concept for me.

scy

To be quite honest I wouldn't have minded Naruto x Sakura which was being subtley hinted post timeskip... but then that confession just to stop Naruto from going to meet with Sasuske (and screwing up the assaination attempt the way she did), just out and out murdered the concept for me.

True, that bit was pretty fucking terrible. I guess I'm being stubborn at this point and sticking to what I wanted from when I first started Naruto all those many years ago :x

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Vol 5

An interesting ending with an interesting turn of events.

Seeing Dio's flying head was hilariously bad and yet fitting. A total ass to the very end. I somehow expected him to survive even the explosion, but as it is right now, I'm glad he's dead.

(Grumpy cat: Dio is dead? Good.")

I don't quite get how Joseph inherited the ability of the ripple, since he's not Jonathan's son by blood, but I'm fine with it either way. I like that he's more cocky and already love his line ("Depending on your answer, I may have to kick your ass.")

I wonder where the story with the man in the wall is going and how Dio's going to have his comeback.

Leezard

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Vol 5

An interesting ending with an interesting turn of events.

Seeing Dio's flying head was hilariously bad and yet fitting. A total ass to the very end. I somehow expected him to survive even the explosion, but as it is right now, I'm glad he's dead.

(Grumpy cat: Dio is dead? Good.")

I don't quite get how Joseph inherited the ability of the ripple, since he's not Jonathan's son by blood, but I'm fine with it either way. I like that he's more cocky and already love his line ("Depending on your answer, I may have to kick your ass.")

I wonder where the story with the man in the wall is going and how Dio's going to have his comeback.
Joseph is Jonathan's grandson by blood. Erina was pregnant in the end of part 1, the child would become Joseph's father.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Yes, Caesar having Monet's heart was predictable, but it establishes that Law is a complete bastard, planning everything to the last letter.
Franky continues to be amazing, singing while he fights.
What will happen next though... the wait will kill a lesser man.

Quixzlizx

What is Smutterfly Effect's real title? I typed Butterfly Effect into Mangaupdates and didn't get anything that looked like a match, lol.

scy

What is Smutterfly Effect's real title? I typed Butterfly Effect into Mangaupdates and didn't get anything that looked like a match, lol.

Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite.

Edit: "Ore ga Doutei" tends to be enough to search off of so you don't have to remember the whole damn thing.

Foolworm

Bleach

Why does Renji and Ichigo get to repair their swords but not Ikkaku? The poor fellow had his pulverized and stuck back together, but doesn't get the opportunity to rebuild it either. I guess the popular guys get all the luck.

One Piece

Never considered the possibility of Donflamingo being related to World Nobles.

Naruto

Terrible.

Joseph is Jonathan's grandson by blood. Erina was pregnant in the end of part 1, the child would become Joseph's father.
That makes sense. Fr a second I thought that Joseph was he baby from the exploded ship, but thinking back, the time difference would've been too big.

*swoooosh*

It went right over my head. In my defense, I was still a bit tired. :lol

Bleach

Why does Renji and Ichigo get to repair their swords but not Ikkaku? The poor fellow had his pulverized and stuck back together, but doesn't get the opportunity to rebuild it either. I guess the popular guys get all the luck.

Ikkaku left Soul Society after the fight, went back to earth and became ...

One Punch Man!

Quixzlizx

Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite.

Edit: "Ore ga Doutei" tends to be enough to search off of so you don't have to remember the whole damn thing.

Thanks. The series I hadn't tried before and ended up liking from the last OP's list were Akame ga Kill, Everyday Monster Girls, and Koisome Momiji. In smut I trust.

One Piece

Here comes Doflammingo, congrats to the guy who called Monet's heart before everyone else good job

This is bugging me. Until the first person noted this possible twist, and then everyone agreed, there wasn't any mention of heart switching. Everyone is claiming it was a predictable twist only because a single person already suggested it, taking that as their own idea.

I seriously wonder if it wasn't for this forum and everyone talking about it how many people would have really predicted that. I imagine it would be a fair few less of us, I know I didn't.

Do they have sex with the guy first?

I dunno, maybe that is how it goes, but then I can only draw upon situations I'm personally aware of, so :shrugs:

They can when the pity the poor bastard. ;_;

Kansai is good friends with Loli and Molester. She doesn't want to ruin either relationship even if she may have some feelings for Molester. Now we don't know what shes thinking or feeling because we only see things from Molester's perspective from the most part but I can imagine how tough it must be on her in that situation.

This is bugging me. Until the first person noted this possible twist, and then everyone agreed, there wasn't any mention of heart switching. Everyone is claiming it was a predictable twist only because a single person already suggested it, taking that as their own idea.

I seriously wonder if it wasn't for this forum and everyone talking about it how many people would have really predicted that. I imagine it would be a fair few less of us, I know I didn't.

Truth is it was a fairly easy twist to see coming since we know Law characters along with other things .

If I remember right it also wasn't posted until a while after the chapter released and many people had the chance to say it but never did. Most people forgot the Monet for Law's heart deal even happened.

scy

Thanks. The series I hadn't tried before and ended up liking from the last OP's list were Akame ga Kill, Everyday Monster Girls, and Koisome Momiji. In smut I trust.

We don't steer people wrong.

Much.

Honestly, it's a pretty logical conclusion. Once you remember the heart being in play, anyway. That was probably the reason everyone didn't think of it sooner: Forgetting that Law even had Monet's heart.

I wouldn't necessarily say "predictable" but definitely a case of, "Once you see it, you can't unsee it." Once you think about the heart swap being a possibility, it's really hard to imagine it not being used.

One Piece
Pretty weak chapter. Luffy could have had more involvement as well as Zoro and Sanji. Only good thing going for this is perhaps a Traffy v Flamigo showdown, which would be quite awesome.

I think that very few people actually remembers that Law switched his heart with Monet in the beginning. I'm sure that if people were to reread the previous chapters, they would have connected the dots and predicted it.

If I remember right it also wasn't posted until a while after the chapter released and many people had the chance to say it but never did. Most people forgot the Monet for Law's heart deal even happened.

We don't steer people wrong.

Much.

Honestly, it's a pretty logical conclusion. Once you remember the heart being in play, anyway. That was probably the reason everyone didn't think of it sooner: Forgetting that Law even had Monet's heart.

I wouldn't necessarily say "predictable" but definitely a case of, "Once you see it, you can't unsee it." Once you think about the heart swap being a possibility, it's really hard to imagine it not being used.

The way I see it is that it's obvious once someone's told you and reminded you, so in your own mind that makes it "predictable" but in reality if you weren't told, you wouldn't have seen it coming and it wasn't really all that predictable at all.

Lot's of people patting themselves on the back for how good a job they've done for seeing a twist (a small one mind) coming but never actually saw themselves.

I still remember the "oh shit" reactions, when that possibility was posted and now everyone's like "yeah, totally predictable". Gotta love that short-term memory.

My point is that its pretty unlikely that he decided to do a parody of an event that occurred like a month prior and assume anyone would understand it; the joke wouldn't even make sense in that context since Aizen had that appearance for like 5 panels and then didn't show up again for a year or so.

Anybody getting together requires bullshitting since the only things we've ever seen are single-sided.

Hold up hold up. You mean to tell me after reading that Naruto chapter where Naruto and Hinata HELD HANDS ffs, that absolutely nothing is going to come out of it?

I hate the pairing as much as the next guy, but even I can't deny that Naru/Saku is pretty much fucking dead.

It's either he ends up with no one or it's this shoehorned in Naru/Hinata.

One Piece

There's no way there's a Doflamingo vs Luffy full on battle without the crew fighting each other. I assume this will probably set Doflamingo as the next big arc.

But it will be interesting to see what will happen. Luffy needs to show how much he grew in terms of power, he's about to finally play in the major leagues.

Bleach

Not much to say....althought is an interesting setup for the next chapters.

Hold up hold up. You mean to tell me after reading that Naruto chapter where Naruto and Hinata HELD HANDS ffs, that absolutely nothing is going to come out of it?

I hate the pairing as much as the next guy, but even I can't deny that Naru/Saku is pretty much fucking dead.

It's either he ends up with no one or it's this shoehorned in Naru/Hinata.

I think his point is that Naruto never showed any interest on Hinata, even after she dying and reviving he barely talked to her. Hinata love was one sided for years with Naruto totally not giving a crap about it (and her confession). So if they end together wouldn't make much sense since that change in Naruto feelings wasn't hinted, showed or even explained.

Kreed

One Piece:

Truth is it was a fairly easy twist to see coming since we know Law characters along with other things .

Even ignoring Law, there was no way Smoker was going to get killed AND the island was going to blow up with all the main characters on it. Both of these things had to fail, so the heart switch was the only other scenario besides character intervention that could stop them. Oda could have made the heart twist less obvious by having Ceasar reveal the heart in a different chapter than Monet standing in front of the self destruct switch though.

IHaveIce

Banned
So.. if Donflamingo is the 'young master' then the guy who was informed he is away will probably be the 'old master'?

If Donflamingo is really related to one of the five old guys that control the world..like someine suggested..holy shit

Tower of God 56-64

Damn, this is starting to show signs of being very huge. So Tower of God is seemingly one view of a large world the writer plans on writing about? Then each floor of the tower is the size of a continent. There is also a part I don't really understand, it seemed like people had only seen up to a certain floor yet all Rankers at least have seen the top? Does this just mean there are some floors that have not been seen?

The Director trying to sabotage Baam was kind of surprising, but not sure what he could do past the current floor.

One Piece:

Even ignoring Law, there was no way Smoker was going to get killed AND the island was going to blow up with all the main characters on it. Both of these things had to fail, so the heart switch was the only other scenario besides character intervention that could stop them. Oda could have made the heart twist less obvious by having Ceasar reveal the heart in a different chapter than Monet standing in front of the self destruct switch though.

Yep all of this was another reason why it was easy to see.

[

I think his point is that Naruto never showed any interest on Hinata, even after she dying and reviving he barely talked to her. Hinata love was one sided for years with Naruto totally not giving a crap about it (and her confession). So if they end together wouldn't make much sense since that change in Naruto feelings wasn't hinted, showed or even explained.

Since when has Kishi cared about anything making sense? It's a done deal at this point. It's happening.

He's gave one final pairing troll when Naruto met Kushina, and he's finally made his decision.

The only thing we need now is a kiss.

Sda5T.png

Not that I think the events in MM really happened, but they still feel relatable and lifelike in a way that OMK never did. Also the 2ch anons are basically the Greek chorus in this, which is pretty amusing.

And people complain about the art. SMH. I agree that MM is better than OMK.

Wiseblade

"Marriage? Is that a food?"

Sda5T.png

Not that I think the events in MM really happened, but they still feel relatable and lifelike in a way that OMK never did. Also the 2ch anons are basically the Greek chorus in this, which is pretty amusing.

You might be overestimating the need for parody to be understood (how many people get all the Baki the Grappler refs?). Besides, the audience for this was so niche that the timeframe probably isn't an issue.

You know damn well that Japanese women don't have ass like that.

I think Japanese dudes would love black and hispanic women... they have the shape they draw in their series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think there's anything wrong with the character art in Molester Man. They're kind of charming in their own way.

I think it would be hilarious if the ending is that Kansai hashes it out with Loli and goes to Molester to tell him but when she goes to his house she finds Sachiko and dumps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom