• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also see a knife in Rachel's hand when she first meets Baam. both situations really dont make sense. Why would rachel have a knife when she 'apparently' just removed some rock, found a hole, and found Baam inside?

Makes more sense that she knew Baam was down there and was going to kill him. But that could be totally wrong and she could just enjoy carrying knifes around (like last chapter indicates, poor Dan)

Baam, I have no theories for. Howd the hell did he get a knife and why bring it along? Using it on Rachel makes zero sense. Course, that also brings up practical questions like how Baam surivived in his little cave. Where the hell did he get food?

The good thing is Siu has done a pretty good job so far at tying things together. This is one series where I'm not too concerned about things not getting answered.

Piecake

The good thing is Siu has done a pretty good job so far at tying things together. This is one series where I'm not too concerned about things not getting answered.

Oh yea, I am sure we will find out since drawing both with knifes is a pretty significant act. You wouldnt do it unless there is a reason behind it. Checkhov's gun and all (sort of). The problem is, is that I want to know what the hell happened in their past right now! Not eventually, because who knows when that will be

If i had an option to clear up one mystery in Tower of God right now, it would be that

Magi

OMG 2 Finalis with household weapons and one with metal weapon were destroying the magicians. Now i understand why isn´t every Finalis have household weapon. They would be unstoppable. Aladdin finally enter the mix. I wonder if Alibaba enters as well.

Slam Dunk 20 - 48

Embarrassing start to the match that made me feel embarrassed reading it. Why have Sakuragi start out so dumb and act so rude to both his own teammates and everyone else. Hope he improves as we go on. Otherwise Rukawa is a shining star on the team and needs way more speaking roles. I did like how the other coach, once Sakuragi was playing, was so shocked that Sakuragi kept passing to megane and not Rukawa. Was funny just for the sake of the thing between the two and it being hard to imagine that Sakuragi would ever, at this point in time, actually pass to Rukawa. Though when they got serious and actually did seem to telegraph their plan of attack to each other and actually execute it, it was so good. Still major disappointment at the outcome and just plain baffling. Why do they need to lose their first match, they were so good, especially since it was basically four great players versus one good player (Sendoh, who is my second favorite after Rukawa). I hope they win from here on out.

Dresden

Best slice of life or best slice of life?

I can't wait for the 3 minute anime webisodes.

Murata wishes he could be this good.

hAjDw9I.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What takes Murata 10 pages, Ryousangata does in 1.

:bow :bow

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 112

What a shitty father. I mean, how could you possibly let someone as intelligent as her waste her talents and her life in such a soul crushing industry? Fucking IDOL CULTURE strikes again.

Magi 173

Holy shit, those 3 Fanalis just chewed through those magicians. Hopefully Aladdin can stop them from killing anyone else. I hope Myers doesn't die. ;_;

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Magi 173

The thing that looks like a possible outcome is when Aladdin starts beasting Mu and the other 2 finalists, Alibaba might team up with them. ATTACKING with full djin equip. That might break my mind, that might break my mind.

Magi

I wish we could see Alibaba´s fighting capabilities soon. Aladdin vs. Alibaba will not happen, but Alibaba might stop Aladdin from destroying the Finalis. I´m quite disappointed that only 3 Finalis are left. Are the others dead or taken out? Because IIRC there were only a 100 Finalis at the battle not all of the 200. If all of the Finalis had household weapons they would be unstoppable.

Azure J

Food Smut 2 - 10

Finally caught up on this. This is surprisingly tamer than what I was thinking. Fun stuff. Also, dat Nikumi.

Girls of The Wilds 76 - 77

Kin Yuh Jung might be this series' Nienami in terms of how random hilarious she can be. Nowhere near as air headed though. Pretty intense sparring session with the Goo Ra High guys, but it's aalso showing that Song is going to turn into something amazing at this rate. :')

Oh and red-head is totally tsun for Song. :lol

Prison School 55 - 56

The Vice Prez is something else I swear... :lol

Witchcraft Works 18 - 19

I didn't even know the previous chapter got released recently, the newest one is just a pleasant surprise.

Takamiya was dangerously close to becoming "whimpering main male character" archetype when faced with the aftermath of the Tower Witches' offense, but WW being awesome, that was cleared up rather quickly.

I really like the design of the witches/witches' attributes in this manga. Kinda Soul Eater-like in a sense.

Piecake

Imo, its fucking amazing
I got drawn in to Tower of God harder then I did One Piece (OP is better though :p)

Tower of God > One Piece. I love OP, and while the characters are unique and dynamic they all lack depth and believability. ToG doesnt suffer from that, so i find the characters far more interesting.

OP's story structure is also getting stale while ToG is continually shaking things up to make things interesting. I also like the world building more than OP, but OP is excellent in that department as well

Piecake

Kubera is also awesome. It starts out slow and the art looks bad in the beginning, but it gets very good. Not as good as Tower of God, but the characters are good, the world building is great, and the plot is interesting.

6000, ch 2-3

This is slowly building up, I like it. It's still a pretty standard horror formula so far, but it's an underrepresented genre in manga, IMO, so I try to get what I can.

Aunt Tits

Holy shit, this manga is sleazier than the Highschool DxD light novels I'm reading right now. I like it.

High School DXD is more comedy based ecchi except when it gets a lot of action and even then there are funny moments.

Still waiting on Volume 14 translation. Thankfully there is a manga version as well along with the 2nd season of the anime coming out this year!

After seeing so many people read Aunt Tits I feel that I have to read it now. I'll get started tomorrow. Any warnings?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Magi 173
You guys do realize Mu hasn't even used his Djinn's weapon form, let alone its full equip? Aladdin's not going to be wrecking anybody.

We haven't seen aladdin with what is pretty much unlimited magoi and his super awesome magic upgrade yet though.

Also, being able to make everyone see destiny or whatever.

Qvoth

minamoto kun monogatari 57
i betcha the new girl is his cousin's friend, the one that's writing a novel or manga or something

tower of god 2 51
obviously nothing bad happened... the author mentioned in the afterword he doesn't want to change the story to go all dark and gloomy
RACHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL U BIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETZHHHHHHH
i really really hope the author doesn't cop out with baam just forgiving her / hug her / acts as if nothing happened when he and rachel finally meets, i want confrontation, and at least a BIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETZH slap
so i guess ToG is the best webtoon manhwa? anybody can recommend other good ones? the only other webtoon manhwa i'm following is girls of the wild's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom