• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Big One, which personality disorder is it? Autism? Aspergers?
There's nothing disorderly about my personality, as far as I'm aware. And actually, to answer's someone pondering, if Angry Grimace was here, I probably would be posting more than I have been.

The truth is, I don't give a shit about Bleach, big deal. Why would I care if I spoiled something I view as garbage?

Though I didn't realize that there was apparently a rule that exists that isn't in the opening post, so I apologize for that. I do not browse this thread 24/7 afterall.

Also it isn't like stuff like this hasn't happened before and it went untouched just because it was less important than something like the death of Unohana.

Ouch Kubo got punished for taking the week off. Other than that and no OP its a pretty normal TOC. I just wish something kicked Naruto out of the top 5.

Also dat Beelzebub spoiler,
No Aoi-chan who beat you up? Oga better kick their ass unless its a chick in which Aoi will take care of herself

Also BigOne, dick move to post the last page of the chapter. If you are gonna spoil then do it from the beginning.

Thanks for you and your team's work on the scans Ignis.

Just out of curiosity, do you bother translating any of the Bleach chapters or is it OP and a few other mangas for you?

Aunt Tits 1

Ehh not really getting me into the manga except it feels like one of those shotacon hentai without the hentai.

The truth is, I don't give a shit about Bleach, big deal. Why would I care if I spoiled something I view as garbage?

Because other people care? I'm not going to go into a showing of Twilight and just scream out that Jacob falls in love with a baby and then rapes it. That's not cool.

Because some of us would actually like to find out by ourselves. You can hate or like whatever you want, just don't fucking spoil the fun of other people you self centered bastard.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
There's nothing disorderly about my personality, as far as I'm aware. And actually, to answer's someone pondering, if Angry Grimace was here, I probably would be posting more than I have been.

Though I didn't realize that there was apparently a rule that exists that isn't in the opening post, so I apologize for that. I do not browse this thread 24/7 afterall.

Also it isn't like stuff like this hasn't happened before and it went untouched just because it was less important than something like the death of Unohana.

1.) That's selfish. Extremely so. Just because you don't 'care about it doesn't mean others feel the same.

2.) Just because you didn't know something doesn't excuse you of your actions.

Big One

Banned
Because other people care? I'm not going to go into a showing of Twilight and just scream out that Jacob falls in love with a baby and then rapes it.
Because some of us would actually like to find out by ourselves. You can hate or like whatever you want, just don't fucking spoil the fun of other people you self centered bastard.
1.) That's selfish. Extremely so. Just because you don't 'care about it doesn't mean others feel the same.
Oh right, I didn't realize we started pretending that we don't read spoilers for Big Three. Ok
2.) Just because you didn't know something doesn't excuse you of your actions.
What I did happens all the time in this thread. Or at least it used to. I didn't realize things have changed.

kayos90

Oh right, I didn't realize we started pretending that we don't read spoilers for Big Three. Ok

What I did happens all the time in this thread. Or at least it used to. I didn't realize things have changed.

Except posting an image is vastly different from the text. Especially considering the size of the image you posted it's hard to avoid that altogether.

ban the spoiler whiners

Really? T_T

Big One

Banned
Except posting an image is vastly different from the text. Especially considering the size of the image you posted it's hard to avoid that altogether.
And posting images used to happen all the time in these threads. Duckroll put a stop to it, I suppose.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Most people here read the spoilers anyway, to see it in picture form is pretty much seeing what you've read anyway.

You're right, I don't feel remorse for what I did.

However I do try to follow the rules so I apologize for breaking them. But again, how am I supposed to know this when it isn't actually in the opening post?

Because other people care? I'm not going to go into a showing of Twilight and just scream out that Jacob falls in love with a baby and then rapes it. That's not cool.

Yeah, same here. Spoilers make reading it a lot less enjoyable for me.
Same for me, but only for Bleach.
ban the spoiler whiners

STFU.
And posting images used to happen all the time in these threads. Duckroll put a stop to it, I suppose.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Most people here read the spoilers anyway, to see it in picture form is pretty much seeing what you've read anyway.

You're right, I don't feel remorse for what I did.

However I do try to follow the rules so I apologize for breaking them. But again, how am I supposed to know this when it isn't actually in the opening post?
Hey old chap, i think cognitive dissonance is that good.

I dont think its right to assume that everyone reads the spoilers. Why else would there be a rule to clear mark "bleach spoilers" or something which gives me and others a warning to skip a post...

At least Phoenician_Viking apologized/expressed concern immediately...

Mr. Fix

Guys, chill. We're not even sure Unohana's really dead.

Also another Naruto flashback? I mean, it looks like a promising fight, but it'll most likely come with another stupid reveal or shitty execution.

kayos90

It isn't cognitive dissonance. To me, following rules means more to me than most other things, including my own emotions. I don't feel sorry for spoiling people about Bleach, but I am sorry for breaking the rules.

So... let's put this in another light. If you rob someone's car, you don't feel bad for robbing the car but you feel bad about breaking the law. Right?

Big One

Banned
So... let's put this in another light. If you rob someone's car, you don't feel bad for robbing the car but you feel bad about breaking the law. Right?
I just wouldn't do it in the first place. But keep in mind posting an image of a spoiler is nowhere even remotely close to the morality level of using your head on whether you should do something as stealing someone's car or not. Every forum has it's own policies on how spoilers are handled, and the opening post wasn't up to date on them.

kayos90

I just wouldn't do it in the first place. But keep in mind posting an image of a spoiler is nowhere even remotely close to the morality level of using your head on whether you should do something as stealing someone's car or not. Every forum has it's own policies on how spoilers are handled, and the opening post wasn't up to date on them.

You just missed the entirety of why I posted what I did. It's not a matter of you not doing it. If that was the case then I wouldn't have made such a post in the first place.

Pimpwerx

SMH @ complaining about spoilers. This is a thread that prides itself on having no spoiler tags, so getting spoiled on a pic isn't a big deal for me. Besides, we all know she's not dead. This is Bleach. She'll return somehow. This was expected anyway, given the creation of Novel Kenpachi and Kyorakou's ominous words. PEACE.

The only things that should get spoiler tagged are emotionally-invested stories that don't pop up every week, like 7 Seeds. The surprise is so important for that series, because it takes risks and backs them up.

Big One

Banned
You just missed the entirety of why I posted what I did. It's not a matter of you not doing it. If that was the case then I wouldn't have made such a post in the first place.
So let me get this straight, you're telling me, the Big One, that I should assume that I shouldn't post an image that spoils a major plotpoint in the chapter?

I do not buy that. As I've mentioned, it's happened before in Manga Discussion/News and went untouched, so I assumed that was the case now. That's what I should assume, and nothing else.

I assumed that this thread had the freedom to discuss spoilers. Everytime text spoilers get released about the Big Three, you people talk, debate, discuss them like if the chapter itself was scanlated and released. And none of it is ever in spoiler tags.

So yes, quite frankly, I don't see any reason why I should be crucified for doing something that is essentially a huge misunderstanding. I respect rules, and respect people's desires to wait until they actually read the story so they can find out for themselves. But what I don't respect is the demonizing of something that was just a little joke at best, and didn't even really cover the entire chapter (Protip: Unohana isn't even confirmed to be dead or alive). I didn't even spoil anything, just posted an image that people took in it's own context.

And because of this behavior I'm getting out of everyone, no, I do not feel remorse for what I did. Since I'm respectful about obeying the rules, I took it down.

Wonder how much of a shitstorm would happen if it was OP spoilers or the return of HxH spoiled.....

I wouldn't care as much for OP but I would be pissed if HxH was spoiled for me.

kayos90

So let me get this straight, you're telling me, the Big One, that I should assume that I shouldn't post an image that spoils a major plotpoint in the chapter?

I do not buy that. As I've mentioned, it's happened before in Manga Discussion/News and went untouched, so I assumed that was the case now. That's what I should assume, and nothing else.

I assumed that this thread had the freedom to discuss spoilers. Everytime text spoilers get released about the Big Three, you people talk, debate, discuss them like if the chapter itself was scanlated and released. And none of it is ever in spoiler tags.

So yes, quite frankly, I don't see any reason why I should be crucified for doing something that is essentially a huge misunderstanding. I respect rules, and respect people's desires to wait until they actually read the story so they can find out for themselves. But what I don't respect is the demonizing of something that was just a little joke at best, and didn't even really cover the entire chapter (Protip: Unohana isn't even confirmed to be dead or alive). I didn't even spoil anything, just posted an image that people took in it's own context.

And because of this behavior I'm getting out of everyone, no, I do not feel remorse for what I did. Since I'm respectful about obeying the rules, I took it down.

It seems like you have no intention of responding to my posts with relevancy so I'm just going to drop the issue. Thanks. You have proven to me that you cannot hold a coherent discussion and love to drop red herrings and cause stasis.

Big One

Banned
It seems like you have no intention of responding to my posts with relevancy so I'm just going to drop the issue. Thanks. You have proven to me that you cannot hold a coherent discussion and love to drop red herrings and cause stasis.
Well as far as I'm concerned, if my responses aren't satisfactory to you, maybe you never really had much of a point in the first place.

Kusagari

Naruto

Hashirama redeemed from last chapter. Holy shit was he badass here. Everyone shat their pants when he got serious.

Also lol at Kishi finally confirming Hashirama and Tobirama weren't at full strength when they fought Hiruzen.

scy

@Spoilers - For the past 3 OTs I've been posting in, it's been an assumed rule that spoilers should be tagged if it's before scans are available. That's the standard operating procedure. It's in the OP as well, though not exactly clearly worded (it mentions "translation is out" for a reason).

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto
I said WOW.

A+ amazing chapter!

Hashirama really is the god of shinobi, very powerful. Glad that Kishi explained why Tobirama and Hashirama were weak against Sarutobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom