• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

Naruto : C-

Madara and Hashirama are so over powered compared to anyone else past present and future that it is ridiculous.
As usual an "interesting" fight that is stopped for crappy background "friendship turned hatred" flashback.

Bleach : E

Ridiculous cliffhanger for the name of the zanpakuto. Ridiculous fight. Ridiculous moment.
Ridiculous Ichigo, and I think we already went through he is too weak to accomplish something, let's up the training.
Ridiculous zanpakuto background stuff, we already went through "you don't know your zanpakuto stuff"
Ridiculous shinigami stuff, we already went through "you are not a shinigami stuff"
probably ridiculous future development where Ichigo will finish his "special zanpakuto shinigami stuff" training just in the nick of time to save everybody, after, of course, learning a new getsuga tensho stuff.

One Piece : B for now

Funny, things are moving before the next arc. Classic One Piece. This is goood.
Translation sucked ass though.

This week's Naruto was straight up inception. If we go one layer deeper the Sause can be changed into a good guy.

I think it's been clear since the last few chapters, that Sasuke would turn into

pGvMlBe.jpg

Just a heads up, this chapter marks the point where Orochimaru has copied more jutsu than "Copy Ninja" Kakashi.

Didn't Orochimaru learn the jutsu instead of outright copying them with a hack?

How many jutsu has Kakashi copied? two?

He also copied Zabuza's water jutsu. But all this talk reminds me how the copy aspect of the sharingan was completely dropped.

Suddenly the powers of the sharingan make sense to me.

"Make shit up" is simply the superior version of "copy."

It's like art, you see?

Which artists do we respect more? The ones who copy, or the ones who pull originality out of their ass?

Sharingans vindicated!

One Piece

Momo just became a boss, luffy and laws alliance becoming officially know was big too. Wheels are turning can't wait to see where it all goes.

Cajun

Neo Member
One Piece

Some people say they're a waste of time, but I really like arc transition chapters. Just the crew being a crew, hanging out on the boat. People that complain about it should just be happy Oda doesn't turn these transitions into mini-arcs that serve no purpose.

Momo comedy was great. Zoro/Kinemon conflict was interesting, and when the strawhats reach Wano this will probably be Zoro's welcome. I liked the Kuzan mystery, but we could already tell he was going in a direction that wouldn't sound good in rumors. Don resigned a bit more easily than expected, and I still don't trust the exchange to go smoothly.

Hopefully Dressrosa starts in ch 700. Right now the arc has a pretty good potential of being a hostage exchange with pretty severe consequences.

Bleach

I thought the chapter was pretty decent but I would have preferred if it stuck with Kenpachi for the whole chapter. The first half seems like a drawn out cheap tease that has to switch to Ichigo when it can't be drawn out anymore. I would have rather had a really good chapter with the reveal rather than an ok chapter with a cheap tease for a later reveal.

Naruto 621
tumblr_miiy1yVqOo1r4ojvoo1_r1_250.png

Pretty good chapter, great designs for Madara and Hashirama and their rivalry from their early days to even this fight of the ages. I really cant wait for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (assuming its continuing on for Playstation Nextstation) to animate this in its entirety as the Quadruple Rashomon and deflecting the attack would be great to see in their cel shaded animation style (I guess the anime would show it, but could it really match CC2?).

They kind of give me Naruto/Sasuke vibes so I guess it will end up having an emotional end and breakaway from each other. Really good flashback + flashback in a flashback chapter.

Torraz

Bleach

In before Kenpachi unleashes his Zanpakuto (possibly bankai) and it has some life sustaining/healing abilities with which he saves Unohana.

upandaway

One Piece

Aokiji still seems to have a lot going on, didn't expect that. I wonder what his big plans are, but I'm not sure if they'll come to play this arc after that kind of end to the scene.

Doflamingo behaving was surreal. The guy's been dissected lately. Even things like "thank god his heart hasn't frozen yet!" make him seem a lot less of a big deal than before. At this point I'm not even sure if he's enough of a match for Luffy!

By the way, that's one of my favorite color spreads so far. It's really neat. Also, Franky's shirt!
jox54Zb.png

See, that's the kind of thing that just make me stare at it for a few seconds, realize what it is, stare some more, and just burst out laughing :lol what the hell. I love this shirt.

One Piece

I know people in this thread usually dislike all the crew banter but I loved it.
WHAT WHO

Oh, and somebody else noticed this, thought it was funny.

aJGfULI.png
Haha whoa. I miss that guy! Please show up soon.

What's the red circle on the right supposed to be? o_O
YOU STILL EXIST

if7kLeyEXhbWA.jpg

ibgqh05lzt7mJS.jpg

Two different translations, one meaning lol
Not what you meant (obviously, haha) but see how MS just added a "..." for no freaking reason. 90% of the panels in the chapter had them, and it was really annoying. Everyone seemed out of character!
It's not even a matter of proper punctuation, just remove the "..." and it's all kosher. How unfortunate :(http://i.imgur.com/jox54Zb.png

xaosslug

Bleach

In before Kenpachi unleashes his Zanpakuto (possibly bankai) and it has some life sustaining/healing abilities with which he saves Unohana.

yep, he's basically a God. When he uses his right hand he takes life, and when he uses his left hand he gives it, or something. LOL

Bleach 527

Thank goodness the Unohana stuff was over, it could have been so much better if we even knew what her Bankai did but I guess that will be left to a databook or even worst, go unexplained. Unfortunately the scene felt weak.

What was truly sad was Ichigo being beat down on the ground and deemed unworthy by the Asauchi, that was just painful to read and look at as it gave me back those same feelings that were had during the Fullbring arc when it seemed like everyone had abandoned him and he was all alone and essentially at his weakest. I miss the days of strong invincible epic Ichigo and hope he returns back to that soon, Renji is there (and better than ever, epic pose) so in the next chapter I hope.

Anteater

One Piece

nooo that fucking kid.

Pretty much the best scenario, Doflamingo back to being just a normal pirate and trying to get Caesar back and going all out against the strawhats.

John Lennon Aokiji is awesome.

robox

interesting stuff going on with kuzan (shouldn't be aokiji anymore since that's his marine nickname?), momo, kine, dofla, and all the rest. i hate how usopp has reverted back to snivelling usopp. timeskip training meant absolutely nothing.

i'm a bit surprised there's only 3 perverts. 'cos they're all of the age already. though luffy's mind is a bit immature. chopper is not human. i'd think zoro would be in but he's maintaining the image of the pure man or somthing. and usopp is back to being a wimp

Naruto 621

The fight has been good so far. Hate they're going into a flashback within a flashback. Just have Madara stating he's always been a prick and jealous of Hashirama and be done with it.

Bleach 527

I want her to be dead. Don't believe she will be but I want it to be. At least Kenpachi has finally learned the name of his sword and become even more hax. Ichigo scene better lead to Dark Ichigo/Zangetsu appearance.

One Piece 699

Disappointed with the Aokiji vs Doflamingo outcome but at least we got a hint that Aokiji has dealing with some shady business. Momo's expression was hilarious, definitely just became Sanji's greatest rival at the moment.

To-love ru 20.9

Can't wait until we get the full flashback of Yami's trip to the tentacle planet.

Kuroko no Basket 202 Raw

Kuroko makes the final shot, Seirin wins
and thus advances to the finals.

Zeppu

interesting stuff going on with kuzan (shouldn't be aokiji anymore since that's his marine nickname?), momo, kine, dofla, and all the rest. i hate how usopp has reverted back to snivelling usopp. timeskip training meant absolutely nothing.

i'm a bit surprised there's only 3 perverts. 'cos they're all of the age already. though luffy's mind is a bit immature. chopper is not human. i'd think zoro would be in but he's maintaining the image of the pure man or somthing. and usopp is back to being a wimp

Usopp's no wimp. He's already been there.

Sf1RFYv.png

Assassination Classroom 31
tumblr_mij64hdjrJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well that was an amazing chapter. Itona is just plain awesome, though I was feeling a bit like Nagisa there getting all sad when he was like people in the class wished to be the ones to do it and learn their weaknesses. Oh well, great action.

Feel like this type of event should have came up a bit later, though I bet it will easily be one of the most popular Assassination Classroom chapter thus far.

Akito

I believe Zoro is asexual
unless you are Kuina or look like Kuina

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Thanks, Amazon! -
Jojocollection.jpg

7 Seeds
Great chapter. Aramaki's personality does come off as too flawless sometimes, but, in the end, it wasn't really Hana's fault. She did what everyone else would've done, even Aramaki himself, so he has no right to blame her. It'll be interesting what Arashi thinks of him and his relationship with Hana though...

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

So much for the next generation surpassing the previous one, if anything its the exact opposite. Good chapter none the less.

Bleach

I'm guessing now is the time that Ichigo learns about his father's past.

Kreed

One Piece 699:

Nice to see Aokiji put Doflamingo in his place. I was kind of surprised Oda actually bothered to show Aokiji dialog with Smoker vs just having it mentioned briefly later, especially since we didn't get any "important" information.

Not sure why the alliance was made public story wise (as in who leaked the alliance) but it does play up the importance of the rookies and taking down the Emperors (I still wonder what Kidd is going to do if Law and Luffy take out Kaidou).

Chapter 700 should be really good though once Law reveals the rest of his plan. Also not about the chapter itself, but very nice surprise seeing some posters complain about Oda's bafoonery when it comes to women characters for a change. One can only hope his Japanese audience voices similar complaints at some point.

cdyhybrid

Unohana's death was really disappointing. I don't care if she actually dies or not, she went out with a whimper for someone who was supposedly the craziest murderer in Soul Society's history.

Also Aizen is Kenpachi's zanpakuto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom