• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molester Man 2

My god, this is wordy as hell. I expect manga chapters to take 5 minutes at the most, not 20. I know it's a recounting of a 2ch thread, but seriously. I don't know if this is a Japanese thing or not, but the way they text each other is really annoying.

My best random find was Magi

Magi is already a fav in my iPad manga app. Still not sure when to start it.

Molester Man 1

Aw man, is this one of those series where there's more narration than actual dialogue? Goddammit....

Just keep reading. It's absolutely worth it. I'm almost willing to bet on it that you won't be disappointed.

No one just tracks their favorite group and reads whatever they bring out?

I don't have a fav group. I just read whatever my app finds.

Any new shonen manga to read?

I currently read Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Claymore, occasionally Fairy Tail.

Read Onepunch Man. You'll get some good laughs out of it.

Molester Man 2

My god, this is wordy as hell. I expect manga chapters to take 5 minutes at the most, not 20. I know it's a recounting of a 2ch thread, but seriously. I don't know if this is a Japanese thing or not, but the way they text each other is really annoying.

I felt the same way about the first two chapters, but it gets (somewhat) less wordy.

GManDH

Toriko

i swear they better not ruin this arc. this arc is great. this is like the hxh arcs. they need to get rid of the bish and just finish the tournament. no one should be dieing now and no one should be getting kidnapped. im already kind of pissed they cut through stuff.

I probably won't considering how much I loved Fap Note, but right now it's tough to get through.

Yeah, the beginning is not that great. The better parts start in the middle. Just keep reading and don't forget, that was the manga that brought ManGAF together. There's a reason for that.

El Sloth

Banned
My best random find was REAL. I literally pressed the "find a random manga!" button on a certain website and landed on REAL. Now I have 5 volumes sitting on my bookshelf.

Actually, there's also Boys on the Run that I found completely by accident just browsing some huge list of Seinen series. And that turned out god damn amazing.
hdO9R.jpg

And the second part as a link because it's sorta NSFW:
http://i.imgur.com/iSx0u.jpg

And most recently has been Suicide Island which I recommend to anyone who enjoys survival themed stories or stuff like the 1st season of Lost.

From the author of Holyland. The art is a bit different, but give it a chance and you'll get used to it.

My best random find was REAL. I literally pressed the "find a random manga!" button on a certain website and landed on REAL. Now I have 5 volumes sitting on my bookshelf.

Actually, there's also Boys on the Run that I found completely by accident just browsing some huge list of Seinen series. And that turned out god damn amazing.

And most recently has been Suicide Island which I recommend to anyone who enjoys survival themed stories or stuff like the 1st season of Lost.

From the author of Holyland. The art is a bit different, but give it a chance and you'll get used to it.
He gets stranded or he purposefully goes to the wilderness?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He gets stranded or he purposefully goes to the wilderness?

The government made him. Kind of an island purposefully set up to house depressed/suicidal people.

Good manga.

Also, Boys on the Run is fantastic. It takes so many typical romantic tropes and then proceed to turn them upside down; what a roller coaster.

Stulaw

Nozomi to Kimio 8

Nozomi vs shitty cheerleader girl is the biggest no-contest in the history of anything and the MC is an idiot even by MC standards for not realising this.

I just read all 8 chapters, and yeah, the MC is an idiot, but I guess this will be resolved very quickly. I don't think anyone tops Yuki Rito in terms of harem MC idiocracy though.

OKayyy! got this list done and over with!

killua_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8m6.png
lag_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mb.png
aijuma_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mg.png
musashi_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8md.png
god_keima_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8ml.png
bassexe_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mj.png

You're awesome! Thanks!

Yachiru is not Zaraki´s zampakto, or else every captain and most VC would have noticed that. When Zaraki found Yachiru he already had his zampakto.

Plus didn't Yachiru have a hard life in the Kusajishi district before Kenpachi found her? If she's his Zan spirit, how could she have witnessed that when Kenpachi was living in the Zaraki district...

Ahhh, Ok. I was more just thinking out loud. My memory is usually bad with the fine details.

789shadow

Banned
Molester Man 1

Hey, she must think I might be a molester. I'M GOING TO DO EXACTLY WHAT A MOLESTER WOULD DO TO PROVE I'M NOT A MOLESTER.

So I read all of what was available of Green Blood.

It seems like the manga is almost over already, which is fine because I hate it when things outstay their welcome, but at the same time I'm a little sad to see it go so soon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, love those avatars but I don't think it'll work for me seeing most of the characters I like just look like normal dudes/dudettes. :p

survivor

Banned
So I read all of what was available of Green Blood.

It seems like the manga is almost over already, which is fine because I hate it when things outstay their welcome, but at the same time I'm a little sad to see it go so soon.

Well we know there will be at least 2 more volumes and from the looks of the third volume cover, there is gonna be another named assassin who will face off against the Grim Reaper

Well we know there will be at least 2 more volumes and from the looks of the third volume cover, there is gonna be another named assassin who will face off against the Grim Reaper

Yeah, I just googled it and apparently Native Americans enter the scene at some point.

I'm hype.

Molester Man 3

Ok, that random crab comment made me laugh.

MM 4

What the hell do they have against group dates?! Apparently college orgies are rampant?

Kansai>>>>>>Miss Undie

:lol at Michael Joudan.

survivor

Banned
Again!! 22-23

I leave this off for 2 months and there is only 2 new chapters? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. I'm scared of looking at how many new chapters Moteki has right now. Probably just one sigh

The new arc is really fucking good, but I really wish the translations were much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom