• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Medaka box 176-177

You know, I really do like how dumb this can get, but goddamn it feels like the author is pulling random bullshit twists out of thin air. Well, at least moreso than usual. Feels like at least 2 per chapter right now.

Dresden

Again!! 22-23

I leave this off for 2 months and there is only 2 new chapters? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. I'm scared of looking at how many new chapters Moteki has right now. Probably just one sigh

The new arc is really fucking good, but I really wish the translations were much faster.

it's enough to make me consider seeking out the mythical Korean translations, which are up to 60+ I think...

suzu

Best random manga I've found was Dorohedoro.

Those pixel avatars are really well done. Awesome work, neoriceisgood. :)

Best(not really best) random find for me would be Ai Kora. It's not very good, but it was the first non-battle shounen series I got into so it's.....special. Plus I haven't really picked up many random series since I started reading more manga.

Now if only the writers series after that wasn't so bad...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
OKayyy! got this list done and over with!

killua_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8m6.png
lag_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mb.png
aijuma_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mg.png
musashi_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8md.png
god_keima_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8ml.png
bassexe_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mj.png

Shit, are you still doing requests? I'd love to see panther from eyeshield in uniform

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soooo, should I start Medaka Box?

I only saw the first few episodes of the anime and found it amusing, but not by much.

If you like to see insanity and asspulls in manga form sure.

It is a pretty fun read, gets pretty amazing at a certain point, but I don't think that it's as good now.

Soooo, should I start Medaka Box?

I only saw the first few episodes of the anime and found it amusing, but not by much.

I think at some point, you would appreciate Nisio's brand of wordy nonsense. It just won't be at the beginning, and probably not until the 50s or so.

I know you aren't big on battle series, so I have no clue how you'd feel about the genre shift around chapter 14ish or so. Honestly don't know if I should recommend it to you or not.

jman2050

I think at some point, you would appreciate Nisio's brand of wordy nonsense. It just won't be at the beginning, and probably not until the 50s or so.

I know you aren't big on battle series, so I have no clue how you'd feel about the genre shift around chapter 14ish or so. Honestly don't know if I should recommend it to you or not.

Eh, I don't hate battle series really, it's just very formulaic and it's not a formula I'm particularly addicted to. If it's sufficiently fun enough to read then I'll be down with it.

Just remember that it gets better as it goes.

That's what I hear.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, I don't hate battle series really, it's just very formulaic and it's not a formula I'm particularly addicted to. If it's sufficiently fun enough to read then I'll be down with it.

That's what I hear.

It's just pure insanity. The whole point is to see how it can one up itself and it always does.

It breaks the formula quite a bit, and a lot of that has to do with Nisio just fucking around without a plan. If that sounds fun to you (and it definitely is a fun series), then go for it.

Green Blood 2-4

jTwcD.jpg

It's good to learn a bit more about Brad's reasons. For someone who ends his assignments with "it's nothing personal", the reason for him for doing these jobs in the first place surely must be.

Still, I can't see how this job won't get him into some serious trouble.

And honestly, to hell with Kip, that little spoiled brat. I'm crossing my fingers that his death will co e soon enough.

scy

I hope to see more OTL

Like I said, the only choice you're given when you read it. You'd have to be really mental to pick Loli or Undie over Kansai.

Don't bring logic into this!

Yeah, it's hard to see any other girl besides Kansai as an option. Especially early on when they actually first start talking with each other and stuff.

789shadow

Banned
Molester Man 8

Sometimes these chapters are like 45 pages, sometimes they're only 12. I don't get it.

Anyway, Loli ending crashed as soon as it appeared. Good.

Miteranneeyo 6 (end)
tumblr_mesrst3rqW1rko4i7o1_250.jpg

Good story and good ending, specifically on this chapter wouldnt want to be left in such a situation where family is incurred lots of debt, death and now a hospiratlizaed sister. Seemed everything was going down for main character but at least someone managed to provided him financial support, of course, another series in the genre where he must attend to that guys needs where at work or home or to just receive it, as a way to pay for stuff. Good ending.

Kusagari

Yeah, it's hard to see any other girl besides Kansai as an option. Especially early on when they actually first start talking with each other and stuff.

I'm surprised we never saw anymore of the other friend. I figured she would play a bigger role after she went shopping with them that one time.

789shadow

Banned
I'm surprised we never saw anymore of the other friend. I figured she would play a bigger role after she went shopping with them that one time.
Miss Space Filler.

Molester Man 9

HOW COULD YOU PASS UP A CHANCE LIKE THAT WITH LOLI?

I mean, I know Kansai is only end, but at least get some experience dude!

*has no experience

I can't stress enough how much I adore the art in Green Blood

My fear that this manga is getting dropped is really high. God's Beard made me paranoid about this kind of stuff. Thanks for that!

Molester Man

Sorry to bring logic into this trope filled fictional super manga anime story. But in retrospect it's easy to see that the story was never really about Undie. She was just the starting point.

scy

Yeah,
she's basically just ... there. Which I guess sort of helps the credibility of the story to have this random friend that does nothing.

Sorry to bring logic into this trope filled fictional super manga anime story. But in retrospect it's easy to see that the story was never really about Undie. She was just the starting point.

Yup. Kansai is the most interesting girl anyway. Plus, the chemistry between them is so good.

789shadow

Banned
Molester Man Whatever Fucking Chapter

They're all blending together now.

Molester Man 11

What have you done Molester. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.

Herla

I woke up at 6 am to wait for the new Molester Man to come out. 2 hours later I'm still waiting. I think I have a problem.

789shadow

Banned
Fuck, I stayed up for how long reading Molester Man.

Molester Man 12

So he didn't confess his love. Wonder what the consequences will be.

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 99

I remember watching the livestream of Maeda's last concert on YouTube for shits and giggles (fuckin' #animegaf) and I can already feel the wahjah slowly creeping back to haunt me.

fucking idol culture man

flawfuls

"Random finds" is the only way find new manga as far as I'm concerned. Having zero expectations of the things before you read them always makes for a better reading experience.

Ashodin

I fuckin LOVE that panel HAHAHAHA

edit: there are SO many panels in that you can take out of context for ANYTHING. I love it

bigkrev

Loveless Vol 1-2

Picked up the double volume so I would have something to read at the hospital. Really enjoying it so far- It wasn't too Boy Love-y to the point of being embarrasing, the art is great, and the concept of magic fighting it uses is really cool. Plus, everyone is a cat person! How cool is that?!?

Solune

Medaka box 176-177

You know, I really do like how dumb this can get, but goddamn it feels like the author is pulling random bullshit twists out of thin air. Well, at least moreso than usual. Feels like at least 2 per chapter right now.

That's pretty much NisiOisiN writing in a nutshell. But for all his bs, I'd take that over Seo Kouji any day of the week.

Miss Undie is easily the worst of the girls. She's just ... stupid.

Eh I don't see it that way at all. Aside from her phobia of men, she's like a normal girl. Cute girl that likes to gossip and talk alot and cares for her friends deeply. Chapter 16 was essentially Miss Understanding living up to her nickname and being a bro. Loli Jugs is a contant cockblock, that in itself is enough to be bottom tier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom