• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Molester Man 20

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Whoever posted that Afro vs. Daigo vid as the dramatization of that exchange between Loli & Molester couldn't be more correct. That exchange struck a really deep seated chord with me, especially right around the part when Loli wanted to play the "you're just selfish" card in spectacularly fucked up fashion. Good to see him figuring out a way through it all, but this still means Kansai End is going to be a ways off.
Haha there are alot of apt analogies for that battle. EVO2k4 Daigo vs Jwong, Jwong vs Yipes Evo2k7, Josh 360 Reverse OCV against Jwong. I'd like to reserve Daigo in this 3 on 3 SBO match IF Molester gets the Kansai end

Thanks, I bookmarked all of that stuff! Sounds really good.

Also you aren't the only person to think that lol. Touhou is pretty cool, just I haven't played any of the games because I'm always afraid of getting decimated in danmakus. Before I go off topic, the various touhou art is great too. I'm a big fan of the "touhouvania" art.

For doujin music I really like Mintjam / Onoken.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 56

Why did I read this?

And why is Chitoge a white blond girl who speaks Japanese perfectly; being half American doesn't just make you a white blond american person if one of your parents is still Japanese

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)
tfTgN.png

A short josei romance manga starring a girl who can't go out in sunlight. The musical focus in the story makes it the sort of thing that I'd usually avoid like the plague, which is why I'm surprised that not only did I enjoy it, but also it made me slightly misty-eyed.

survivor

Banned
Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

A short josei romance manga starring a girl who can't go out in sunlight. The musical focus in the story makes it the sort of thing that I'd usually avoid like the plague, which is why I'm surprised that not only did I enjoy it, but also it made me slightly misty-eyed.

Yeah, that ending man ;_;

I still need to watch the live action film at one point. The ending might be even better with music and all.

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

just checked this out and

:(

scy

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

Yeah, that ending man ;_;

Hrm ... do I really need more manga in the "MADE ME CRY" category...

Akito

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

A josei title with such a premise and only 1 volume long... starting this right now but I'm prepared for the worst.

survivor

Banned
Molester Man 1-10

No Loli, just no. Go away, stop tempting Molester Man. His heart belongs to Kansai. Please, just give me a Kansai end.

Dresden

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

Just read this, and...

Taiyou no Uta -

I feel nothing. Am I dead inside? There are stories that have affected me, but this is not one of them.

Just read this, and...

Taiyou no Uta -

I feel nothing. Am I dead inside? There are stories that have affected me, but this is not one of them.

Yes, Yes you are :p

I honestly didn't give a fuck about the love story tbh giving how short and forced it seemed but i didn't want her to die. Felt bad man

Akito

Just read this, and...

Taiyou no Uta -

Yeah, it didn't do much for me either, definitely one of the weaker titles out of those short josei series with a tragic setting and an even more tragic ending. Maybe I'll pop in the live action movie, the music will most definitely be at least decent with YUI playing the main role.

Molester Man 14

tumblr_lga7da8hzU1qdufy3.gif

Just......wow. I actually wish there were more chapters like this sprinkled in. Just short random weird shit MM is doing in between all the important story parts.

Solune

Taiyou no Uta 1-4 (END)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q3Xy5VyJPU
I wonder if there are any non-Kansai fans...
I don't think it's unlikely, just that from the perspective that the story is told, it's easy to see who the best choice is. MM 20 actually made me feel quite sympathetic towards Loli, she didn't really do anything wrong prior to cockblocking MM after all.
I don't think that's possible. It would be like picking Ayumi over Chihiro. Who would do that, right?

That's pretty easy for me.

Nisekoi 56

Why did I read this?

And why is Chitoge a white blond girl who speaks Japanese perfectly; being half American doesn't just make you a white blond american person if one of your parents is still Japanese

It's a well known fact that genes associated with black hair are recessive in manga logic.

scy

Just read this, and...

Taiyou no Uta -

Yeah, it didn't do much for me either, definitely one of the weaker titles out of those short josei series with a tragic setting and an even more tragic ending. Maybe I'll pop in the live action movie, the music will most definitely be at least decent with YUI playing the main role.

I'm just weak.

I don't think that's possible. It would be like picking Ayumi over Chihiro. Who would do that, right?

But Ayumi is better.

Edit: This talk about Nisekoi made me think there was a new chapter :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You should should of seen manga gaf when loli offered herself so many people said kansai was pointless to go for at that point and just get with loli. LOL

So there's still one more chapter of MM left right?

Waiting for it to finish before reading it.
1 single chapter left to be released on new years, why not read now and get the final moment with everyone :p

You should should of seen manga gaf when loli offered herself so many people said kansai was pointless to go for at that point and just get with loli. LOL

To be fair, at that point it wasn't clear what a total ass of a person she was and she seemed quite similar to Molester at that point. Who would've thought that she turns out to be such a bitch.

Crazy people!

Honestly though the couple chapters before that made it seem like Kansai had lost interest, if she ever had any at the time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

1 single chapter left to be released on new years, why not read now and get the final moment with everyone :p

Hmm, a compelling argument too.

you know, even if this is the ending, I'd be fine with it, even if he didn't get kansai ending or anyone else in the manga, it's not a bad ending imo. the satisfaction is not from hooking up with Kansai, but from the journey and growth molester man had, he's a much better man now compared from the start of the manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you know, even if this is the ending, I'd be fine with it, even if he didn't get kansai ending or anyone else in the manga, it's not a bad ending imo. the satisfaction is not from hooking up with Kansai, but from the journey and growth molester man had, he's a much better man now compared from the start of the manga.

He did hook up with her though

scy

When him and Kansai hit it off in texts at the very start, the other options already didn't even matter.

SErjQ.jpg

She'll have the last laugh. ;_________________;

I didn't like Chihiro during her initial arc.

Now? Man. I really do feel bad for her. Still like most of the other girls better though.

She will be Keima's first and last "real" capture.

Just you wait!

Just you wait... ;_;

Let's be real here, I'm not expecting ANY kind of resolution at the end. It has to be open-ended or Keima like ... dies or something. I just can't see a choice being made that isn't harem route/status quo.

upandaway

Kansai is easily the best but a better question if there are any Loli backers left... I still like her, but it seems everyone else aren't there by now (except for Solune maybe?)

Thanks, I bookmarked all of that stuff! Sounds really good.

Also you aren't the only person to think that lol. Touhou is pretty cool, just I haven't played any of the games because I'm always afraid of getting decimated in danmakus. Before I go off topic, the various touhou art is great too. I'm a big fan of the "touhouvania" art.

For doujin music I really like Mintjam / Onoken.
:lol then play some of the fan games! The main games are a fraction of the scene anyway. Super Marisa World and MariAri 2 for example. I also like Nitroid but it's, uh, a bit a lot harder than the danmakus, so yeah!

Would be a lot easier to stay on topic if some more chapters came out today.. eeehhh

Molester Man 15

Kansai, talk damn you! She's probably just concerned about Loli's feelings at this point, she's always seemed sensitive to how everyone else is feeling, but still...TALK!

Kansai is easily the best but a better question if there are any Loli backers left... I still like her, but it seems everyone else aren't there by now (except for Solune maybe?)

She's definitely not my least favorite, but she still doesn't hold a candle to Kansai.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Let's be real here, I'm not expecting ANY kind of resolution at the end. It has to be open-ended or Keima like ... dies or something. I just can't see a choice being made that isn't harem route/status quo.

It will be a twist where chihiro has to capture keima to save him.

I hope he does. He deserves it, after what he did to her.

Angry Grimace

TWGOK is going to have a Tenchi Solution for sure (i.e. one of the "no one wins" tropes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom