• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, at that point it wasn't clear what a total ass of a person she was and she seemed quite similar to Molester at that point. Who would've thought that she turns out to be such a bitch.

I think the biggest ass in this story is still Molester.
Cut the girl some slack, her best friend fucked the guy who rejected her.

jman2050

Let's be real here, I'm not expecting ANY kind of resolution at the end. It has to be open-ended or Keima like ... dies or something. I just can't see a choice being made that isn't harem route/status quo.

I'd be inclined to agree if 189 didn't happen the way it did.

But we'll see what happens, I'm guessing with The Adventures of shota!Keima happening right now it's going to be some time before we even begin to address the fallout of all the Goddess arc shenanigans.

scy

Kansai is easily the best but a better question if there are any Loli backers left... I still like her, but it seems everyone else aren't there by now (except for Solune maybe?)

I think outside of these events, Loli isn't a terrible person. Just with how much I want the Kansai route to happen, she's the primary problem here so she gets a ton of flak for it.

Everyone knows only the Persona 3 ending awaits Keima.

This is the route I'm expecting if it wants to go
on a downer/bittersweet ending route; Keima sacrificing himself to become a seal

wonzo

Banned
twgoktenri1.jpg

one true end

tenchir

D.Gray Man 218

Based on the flashback, I think I know what caused the 14th to rebel against the Earl. Mana was the sole reason that Nea didn't completely turn into a true Noah, so the Earl killed off his mother and tried to do the same to Mana to cut off all his tie to humanity. The situation is kinda similar to Tyki with his 3 human friends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm hoping for a straight up Harem End.

I don't see Keima becoming attracted to 3D girls though, so it'll probably be platonic.

Well yeah, the three "no resolution" tropes are Marry Them All, no Romantic Resolution: Status Quo Is God and Dump Them All. We can probably discount Marry Them All, which just leaves the other two, in which he either just does nothing while they fawn OR he tells them to get lost, either of which seem plausible.

I think the biggest ass in this story is still Molester.
Cut the girl some slack, her best friend fucked the guy who rejected her.

I'm pretty sure Loli doesn't know about it and Kansai is and already was way closer to Molester than she ever was.

survivor

Banned
A Bride's Story 26

I sorta wanted the twins wedding to end quickly so we can move on to other characters, but I'm really gonna miss them. It's for the better either way since it doesn't seem like there is anything left interesting to show about them. They got over their fears and settled nicely with the other twins.

v2p0O.jpg

please be Amira, please be Amira, please be Amira

I just don't see how she is a bitch for having feelings.
Also isn't she calling Kansai at the end of the chapter, I mean apparently Molester knows about the call.

No, she's a bitch for inviting him to her apartment, clearly stating that she wants to talk and then lets him hanging, goes out and buys food and then starts playing DQ8, because "lulz, I was waiting for you to talk".

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
To be fair, at that point it wasn't clear what a total ass of a person she was and she seemed quite similar to Molester at that point. Who would've thought that she turns out to be such a bitch.

This would be why you don't get romantically involved with people before you get to know them better. They had almost no synergy as well, she might of seemed "quite similar" but not all relationships work off that. He already liked someone else as well, he's the type that likes someone the more he is around them. Her just coming on to him like that probably freaked him out more than anything and drove him away harder.

I can say I understand his point of view because I've gone through it, hell a lot of this stuff mirrors some things.

The main characters personality is really close to mine as well.

Solune

Everyone knows only the Persona 3 ending awaits Keima.
Haqua is the Mitsuru of TWGOK? aka best waifu?
Kansai is easily the best but a better question if there are any Loli backers left... I still like her, but it seems everyone else aren't there by now (except for Solune maybe?)
I'm glad you didn't quote my lack of grammar post! Haha before I was really against her because I had the brief back and forth with brotkasten about Miss Understanding or Loli being the worst girl and I would definitely say Loli is the worst. But by a longshot, I've changed my mind due to 20.

If you look at it from her perspective she's a girl that lost from all angles, lost her love interest, lost her love interest to her best friend, also seems to be somewhat of an otaku. I mean some things aren't explained like, why does she like Molester Man, and why doesn't she just seek out another loser instead of MM. Some things you don't need a reason to, and if anything envy is the only motivation she needs.
:lol then play some of the fan games! The main games are a fraction of the scene anyway. Super Marisa World and MariAri 2 for example. I also like Nitroid but it's, uh, a bit a lot harder than the danmakus, so yeah!
I've been meaning to get around to it... Isn't there a touhou game that plays like Megaman, and also happens to use the same Subarashiki Shin Sekai theme used in Rockman no Constancy?[/QUOTE]

7 Seeds volume 10

Honestly, this is one of the best-made manga I've read in a long time. It's almost flawless. I'm so used to reading mountains of bullshit that it's nice to have an actual story once in a while. I haven't read a manga this good since Kokou no Hito. Just well thought-out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
7 Seeds volume 10

Honestly, this is one of the best-made manga I've read in a long time. It's almost flawless. I'm so used to reading mountains of bullshit that it's nice to have an actual story once in a while. I haven't read a manga this good since Kokou no Hito. Just well thought-out.

Just read a summary of it seems interesting it's on my to read list now :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds volume 10

Nice to see you coming around to it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Molester Man 20

Was expecting Loli to go all yandere. Hope Kansai ending happens, dat cliff hanger.

7 Seeds volume 10

I'm glad to hear that. I gotta admit, I read the first chapter, but I was turned off by the seemingly old school art style, but everyone speaks so highly of it, I put it on my fav list.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nisekoi 55

Beast Tsugumi. I like. Pretty hnnggghh chapter.

Nisekoi 56

Dat Marika. Chitoge getting jealous. Hnnggh.

Maedhros

LOLOLOL. Guys, it's so obvious it'll end with a Kansai ending now that it's not even funny.

Molester Man is/was fucking great! Really hoping Boon Scanlations to go back to OnePunch Man after that.

Onani Master Kurosawa 1

This is sick.
And funny.

I wish the art in Molester Man was half as clean as it is in this one.

Pffft... good luck.

I'm glad to hear that. I gotta admit, I read the first chapter, but I was turned off by the seemingly old school art style, but everyone speaks so highly of it, I put it on my fav list.

The early parts are by far the worst. Too cliché and action-driven. It evolves pretty quickly into a series of slow-boil emotionally draining subplots with a ton of active threads. Honestly, if it keeps continuing at this pace I'd have to put it up there with Ghost in the Shell, Lone Wolf & Cub and REAL for the best-researched and executed dramas in comics.

Maedhros

What's that supposed to mean? I didn't say that Onani Master Kurosawa was better than Molester Man, only that it looks better. It's pretty clear that the mangaka put more effort into this one.

I'm talking about the art, not the manga. I don't think OMK is really worse or better than MM.

flawfuls

Alien 9 - Emulators

That was a step down from the rest of Alien 9. It lacks the tension and mystery of the original and just feels like a tacked on extra story rather than an ending.

I'm talking about the art, not the manga. I don't think OMK is really worse or better than MM.

I'm on the second chapter and I think it looks much better and cleaner, even if its just the frames of the panels. It's also a lot more detailed. Like I said, it was drawn with more effort.

The early parts are by far the worst. Too cliché and action-driven. It evolves pretty quickly into a series of slow-boil emotionally draining subplots with a ton of active threads. Honestly, if it keeps continuing at this pace I'd have to put it up there with Ghost in the Shell, Lone Wolf & Cub and REAL for the best-researched and executed dramas in comics.

Holy crap.

Kusagari

I need to read this.

Onani Master Kurosawa 2

I already hate Kejii, while I feel sorry for Aya. Funny how that goes.

I also loved his introduction to the class. Only 10 seconds is pretty good.

if you are not bitching/moaning/whining about it then it must be an interesting read at least.

*adds to the list*

how's the translation rate on this thing?

Tizoc

don't worry, nobody is reading it

*Charges laster sniper, targets Rebel*

Green Blood 1
snip

I learned about Green Blood while reading new All-Rounder Meguru chapters, which is a pretty good MMA manga, but yeah GB is good, need to see if I can catch up with it soon.

If you liked Green Blood def. check out Blaster Knuckle, it's a western manga too...think Django Unchained but with hints of Berserk elements in it.

Girls of the Wild´s

Damn, Moon Young, but she will always be second place to the blond shrimp.

D.Gray-Man

Holy crap. I did not see the Earl coming for Allen this soon. It´s probably because the timing and the awakening of the 14th.
D.Gray Man 218

Based on the flashback, I think I know what caused the 14th to rebel against the Earl. Mana was the sole reason that Nea didn't completely turn into a true Noah, so the Earl killed off his mother and tried to do the same to Mana to cut off all his tie to humanity. The situation is kinda similar to Tyki with his 3 human friends.

That´s exactly what i thought. The Earl of this chapter creeps the hell out of me. It really surprised me that there´s a human inside.

Nisekoi 57

Somewhere along the line I've started to like Chitoge. How did this happen and how can I stop it?

DCD 14

Yeah, Death Board doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Pretty much lost interest in this series now.

This is my favourite Tatsh. Featuring my favourite Nue.

Also you aren't the only person to think that lol. Touhou is pretty cool, just I haven't played any of the games because I'm always afraid of getting decimated in danmakus. Before I go off topic, the various touhou art is great too. I'm a big fan of the "touhouvania" art.
Play Imperishable Night on easy with max starting lives. If you can't handle that then you probably shouldn't be allowed to use a computer. And yes, the Touhouvania art is splendiferous.

I think you're talking about MegaMari, I like it a lot too.
MegaMari is great. Not Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel great, but still good fun regardless. I've played through it a few times but I don't recognise the theme Solune linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom