• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mashiro_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5ps4zb.png
chihaya_kisagari_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5ps4zd.png
female_ranma_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5ps4zf.png

These were all so easy and human, lol.

Any others?
Can you help do this for me? Just gold will do if its too hard/ troublesome.
Thanks!
Gold_Adventures.jpg

god_king_mode_medaka_avatar_redeyes_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqr.png
gold_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqu.png
great_ash_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqw.png
creed_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pse10.png
empoleon_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr0.png
female_knight_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr2.png

Okay, there's the final batch for now as I'm exhausted and my elbow hurts.

fixed Medaka for Milk, cause the eyes were the wrong colour.

Added Empoleon in case Wiseblade wants it, cause I <3 u.

and uhh... Ash Ketchum is up for grabs in case someone wants to be Ash.

/edit messed up creed's shadoww

/edit fixed.

What plot twist are you guys talking about?

All the characters are just actors and Black Lagoon is just a movie/series/etc. And with that certain characters are not what they seem (Revy is a nice girl until she gets into character/costume, Balakia burns are fake, she's really cheery and married apparently, etc) and scenarios are shown from the point of view of a production staff (directors, make up artists, special effects)

I doubt its official regardless of the author himself doing it but it's pretty crazy given what is known about the series

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You're reading Nisekoi man, see you in 50 chapters.

Its a generic harem. Nothing will happen other than more harem members showing up until the author gets bored and someone lets it slip they want to fuck MC's brains out and then there will be some moronic arc like the last arc of Love Hina

survivor

Banned
All the characters are just actors and Black Lagoon is just a movie/series/etc. And with that certain characters are not what they seem (Revy is a nice girl until she gets into character/costume, Balakia burns are fake, she's really cheery and married apparently, etc)

I doubt its official regardless of the author himself doing it but it's pretty crazy given what is known about the series

Oh, I thought that was just the author dicking around doing a what if scenario. But yeah, that's crazy if it's actually canon

scy

UB1eV.gif

You're reading Nisekoi man, see you in 50 chapters.

*150 chapters.

Shit.

All the characters are just actors and Black Lagoon is just a movie/series/etc. And with that certain characters are not what they seem (Revy is a nice girl until she gets into character/costume, Balakia burns are fake, she's really cheery and married apparently, etc) and scenarios are shown from the point of view of a production staff (directors, make up artists, special effects)

No way that's official.

Just ... just no way.

No way.

Mr. Fix

LBW7k.gif

If I had to describe it, 7 Seeds is Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa in Battle Royale's Setting in the style of World War Z. It's cheerful, it's draining, uplifting and gut-wrenching. It has moments of artistic experimentation as well as narrative flexibility. It's extraordinarily patient without dragging, there are no one-dimensional characters and it never loses sight of itself. I'd recommend it to anyone based on the 14 volumes I've read so far.

Caught my attention straight away. Will give it a read.

It has basically nothing to do with samurai, but the story is structured in a similar way in that one of the main guys is wandering up and down Japan and all the characters have near-misses in their travels that make really interesting developments in the story. In that sense they're very close in spirit.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
It has basically nothing to do with samurai, but the story is structured in a similar way in that one of the main guys is wandering up and down Japan and all the characters have near-misses in their travels that make really interesting developments in the story. In that sense they're very close in spirit.

Yeah, I figured about the Samurai, but Musashi is my favourite novel of all time, from the character interaction, setting, and the way it's structured. If something resembles it in the slightest I'll give it a chance.

flawfuls

Caramel Kitsch Flying Collumn 1-2

This is already excellent. It's a post apocalyptic fantasy slice of life manga in the vein of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Humanity has Declined. The characters are amusing, the art is great and the world is really fun and imaginative. Definitely check it out if that kind of manga is your thing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

that would explain Magical Girl Revy.

survivor

Banned

This is already excellent. It's a post apocalyptic fantasy slice of life manga in the vein of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Humanity has Declined. The characters are amusing, the art is great and the world is really fun and imaginative. Definitely check it out if that kind of manga is your thing.

Yeah I'm getting strong vibes of Humanity Has Declined from this manga as well. Very interesting world with a neat art style.

Froli

Reading it right now and I like the artwork :D

Sold! Added to my backlog and will start reading once more chapters are out.

Also I liked Neoriceisgodlike's stuff so much that I commissioned a thing (see avatar). Read Screaming Lessons if you're not already.

Kusagari

Did I just see a Humanity Has Declined comparison? Off to read this now.

Dresden

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno. Sounds like the typical 4th-wall breaking joke, etc. Remember that 'behind the scenes' Simpsons episode?

Hiroe isn't exactly new to drawing doujins about his own characters, so yeah.

LOL

I believe the author did this doujin because Black Lagoon is returning from hiatus.

Will read it again. Cant wait for the new chapters.

Same here.

I want to see what this new story is about.

that would explain Magical Girl Revy.

As in actual Magical girl or as a trope where she can do fucking ridiculous things

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno. Sounds like the typical 4th-wall breaking joke, etc. Remember that 'behind the scenes' Simpsons episode?

Hiroe isn't exactly new to drawing doujins about his own characters, so yeah.

I've already said that i agree its not official (its a doujin, unless he's rolling the crazy pills and allows it to stand :p) but i still liked it for that one crazy moment.

plus i need to check out Humanity has Declined it seems.

Stulaw

Shinshi Na Meets Girl 1-9[END]
Ermmm... What can I say? I don't know why I read this, it it has a guy always getting into trouble because a young girl follows him around because she's in love with him, and with him being an idiot, it leads to stupid situations with him usually being arrested.

Big One

Banned
god_king_mode_medaka_avatar_redeyes_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqr.png
gold_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqu.png
great_ash_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqw.png
creed_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pse10.png
empoleon_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr0.png
female_knight_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr2.png

Okay, there's the final batch for now as I'm exhausted and my elbow hurts.

fixed Medaka for Milk, cause the eyes were the wrong colour.

Added Empoleon in case Wiseblade wants it, cause I <3 u.

and uhh... Ash Ketchum is up for grabs in case someone wants to be Ash.

/edit messed up creed's shadoww

/edit fixed.

Man those sprites are awesome, if you can plz make Guts from Berserk I'd love it as an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom