• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Order 11

Cant believe weve been reading this since October 2011 and were only on chapter 11. This is still a Manga that definitely needs an anime adaptation as the last arcs nuclear battle was amazing.

This chapter felt more focused and easier to follow with Eiji still being a great character. Romance/flirting felt it if place but otherwise the constant betrayal or keeping Eiji in their hands, though predictable, never gets tiring. Do we know hiiragi order?

Akito

Claymore
Wha... WHAT?!

Hold on for a second, it may be only a curve ball but Priscilla's actually get her ass handed to her by someone? And at the same time Cassandra is held up thanks to the former Claymore warriors, if that isn't a cue for something to seriously go wrong, or maybe even some new crisis then I don't know what is.
I still love Yagi's monster design, you may have trouble telling the characters apart but their awakened forms sure are diverse enough lol. Octavia's awesome, she and Isley would make the perfect couple.

Binbougami Ga! 47-47.5

The plot thickens. ALso dat body switch :lol.

The extra was funny. Poor Bob lol.

Btooom! 52

What an awkward way to form a team.

Ao no Exorcist 42

Come to the dark side Yukio...

Tower of God 65-75

Yea, that arc is just amazing.
I honestly did not expect that at all. Which is a good thing, since if they kept on climbing that tower 1 floor at a time it would have gotten stale. It totally changed the dynamic/flow, which is alright in my book

I'm still reeling. I read it at the absolute worst time. Figured nothing much would happen so I read a few chapters before bed and now I'm at work wanting to do nothing but keep reading.

If it sticks.....wow. I'm half expecting some floor that deals with
people who die in the tower
or some way that they will reverse it if it sticks.

Akito

My Girl v03
Just right after the Usagi Drop resemblance starting to wear off, the bratty kindergarten "friend" is back hah. Too bad for Masamune the kid is living with his father, he could not even make any failing attempts like Daikichi.
Masamune's mother is freaking awesome, so tsundere to her own son lol.

Shiranu wa Omae Bakari 5
tumblr_mg0a7gvK8m1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Pretty good story about their feelings about one another even after dating but really not doing nothing. Takeru fell victim to sake during their weekend dinner and was sleeping then the other almost let his desires get to him, fortunately he stopped however from there and a few more weekends they finally confronted their feelings. Ultimately proved to be rather enjoyable and charming in the end there. One more chapter.

Akito

My Girl v04
I like the laundry's lady :( But it probably would've not worked anyway considering how similar she is to Youko. Katagiri's fine, too.

Onani Master Kurosawa 9-16

Does this get good at some point? The story bores me and I hate almost the entire cast. I even fell asleep at some point. There are two or three funny panels, that were posted in the previous threads, when you guys read it (buckets of cum), and it was kind of funny.

At first I felt bad for Kitahara, for obvious reasons, but now I wish Kurosawa had pushed her out of the ferris wheel. She is insufferable. The same goes for Nagatoka. Whenever he pops up, I just want to close the app and punch something.

Am I supposed to feel that way? Probably.
Is the rest of the cast good enough to balance that? No.

Kurosawa is your typical kinda gloomy high school kid, who's too cool to do anything with the oh so childish rest (what's the trope called?), but with a perverted twist! Him falling in love with Takagawa makes sense, because she's the opposite. It's cute, but that's it.

Kitahara is that kind of miserable person who would obviously get in the way of that, so that's going to happen soon, but I don't think I'll really care, other than I wish to see her dead.

Onani Master Kurosawa 9-16

Does this get good at some point? The story bores me and I hate almost the entire cast. I even fell asleep at some point. There are two or three funny panels, that were posted in the previous threads, when you guys read it (buckets of cum), and it was kind of funny.

At first I felt bad for Kitahara, for obvious reasons, but now I wish Kurosawa had pushed her out of the ferris wheel. She is insufferable. The same goes for Nagatoka. Whenever he pops up, I just want to close the app and punch something.

Am I supposed to feel that way? Probably.
Is the rest of the cast good enough to balance that? No.

Kurosawa is your typical kinda gloomy high school kid, who's too cool to do anything with the oh so childish rest (what's the trope called?), but with a perverted twist! Him falling in love with Takagawa makes sense, because she's the opposite. It's cute, but that's it.

Kitahara is that kind of miserable person who would obviously get in the way of that, so that's going to happen soon, but I don't think I'll really care, other than I wish to see her dead.

The last few chapters are worth it. Get to the end and you'll know why we hold the series in high regard.

Bossun

Claymore
Wha... WHAT?!

Hold on for a second, it may be only a curve ball but Priscilla's actually get her ass handed to her by someone? And at the same time Cassandra is held up thanks to the former Claymore warriors, if that isn't a cue for something to seriously go wrong, or maybe even some new crisis then I don't know what is.
I still love Yagi's monster design, you may have trouble telling the characters apart but their awakened forms sure are diverse enough lol. Octavia's awesome, she and Isley would make the perfect couple.

Damn Priscilla seemed so strong and untouchable, now she's getting her ass handed to her pretty easily, makes me wonder how people are gonna fight the over the over abyssmal one.

But I thought it was the lower body of riful that was beating up Priscilla. I think it's riful actually, that regenerated from the lower part that was left from her previous fight.
At least she has the same body and exactly the same attacks.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Bleach - A+
Oh shit, Aizen being released? Uryu being contacted by the Vandenreich? Isshin confirmed as Kukkaku's uncle? Zangetsu making a return? Unohana wiping the floor with Kenpachi? Epic chapter all around, best of this arc, hell, best of the series. I don't think I can hold 'til next week.

One Piece - A
Doflamingo wreaking some shit. Can't believe he killed Law though... There's no way the Straw Hats stand a chance against him in their current condition, so I wonder where Oda's taking this. At least Franky made Baby 5 his own personal hoe.

Naruto - E -
Neiji coming back to life? Obito Talk no Jutsu'd? Consider yourself dropped, Nardo.

:(

Bleach - A+
Oh shit, Aizen being released? Uryu being contacted by the Vandenreich? Isshin confirmed as Kukkaku's uncle? Zangetsu making a return? Unohana wiping the floor with Kenpachi? Epic chapter all around, best of this arc, hell, best of the series. I don't think I can hold 'til next week.

One Piece - A
Doflamingo wreaking some shit. Can't believe he killed Law though... There's no way the Straw Hats stand a chance against him in their current condition, so I wonder where Oda's taking this. At least Franky made Baby 5 his own personal hoe.

Naruto - E -
Neiji coming back to life? Obito Talk no Jutsu'd? Consider yourself dropped, Nardo.

This is worse than Alimnassor's fake spoilers. Bleach especcially got me excited.

Bleach - A+

One Piece - A

Naruto - E -

Needs more Sharingan tank.

Pimpwerx

Claymore
Is the new abysal a fusion of Riful and Duff? I don't remember Riful shooting those mouth poles before. Anyway, she;s going sickhouse on Priscilla, which makes no sense. Priscilla is gonna fuse with Dirteater and become the strongest thing ever. This Riful thing came out of nowhere, really, so I don't see how it's suddenly elevated to end boss status.

The manga hasn't been that bad since Claire came back, mostly because they've gotten straight to the fighting. PEACE.

Akito

Damn Priscilla seemed so strong and untouchable, now she's getting her ass handed to her pretty easily, makes me wonder how people are gonna fight the over the over abyssmal one.

But I thought it was the lower body of riful that was beating up Priscilla. I think it's riful actually, that regenerated from the lower part that was left from her previous fight.
At least she has the same body and exactly the same attacks.
It's a sort of hybrid of Riful and Dauf since it has the attack repertoire of both so maybe Riful's discovered a way to reproduce herself, after all the failed attempts to find some friends :lol

I feel like these pictures I'm picking might not be helping my case in getting more people to check out the manga. I do want to mention that when there are fight scenes, we do get some nice double spreads like this one

It's been a great read so far. Maybe my high tolerance of shoujo tropes is affecing my judgement, but I'm really enjoying the epic adventure, the battles, and the characters. The romance is nothing to write off about, it's your typical "forbidden love we don't know each other's secrety identity" type of thing, but I'm hoping it will progress into something great eventually. I should also mention the pacing has been fantastic so far, the main cast is always on the move and interesting stuff keeps happening all the time.

The prime reason why I am now stuck at the end of Volume 3 of 7 Seeds. The art =(

It's already a huge accomplishment though for a shoujo to make me read it for 3 volumes. I normally wouldn't touch a Shoujo, especially those drawn in the old-school way, with a ten foot pole due to its art.

But didn't you see the tears, man? They were so real and deep. It's was like when Sasuke cried about his brothers death.

That is pretty much why I can't read these. It's always turning me off, which is a shame, because I bet there are a lot of good shoujo stories out there.

I honestly don't mind it much but its interesting how a certain genre is so identifiable due to the art being so distinct (where everyone is just fucking fabulous LOL)

Bleach - A+

One Piece - A

Naruto - E -

Bleach: Fake, too much happens.

One Piece: Fake, Nobody dies in One Piece

Naruto: Probably legit.

How did you get these chapters anyways?

789shadow

Banned
Bleach - A+

One Piece - A

Naruto - E -

I believed this for a second. :(

El Sloth

Banned
Best New (in English) Manga of 2012

1) Alice in Hell
A new Jiro Matsumoto about a sniper and his robot Alice set in a postapocalypic world. Everyone is batshit crazy as usual.

2) Getenrou
I guess you would call this a sci-fi mystery series or something. Initially it seems like a collection of really funny short stories that don't have much to do with each other, but then there is a brilliant and insane (though not so funny) twist at the end that ties it all together.

3) Vita Arcana
Cool historical manga set in Rome. It has great action, a really well developed setting and fantastic art.

4) Tetsugaku Letra
Mizu Sahara does a shounen basketball manga, but it's pretty much the same as all her other manga (which is good!). Lots of bittersweet feelings involved.

5) Golondrina
Matadors, suicidal lesbians and angst angst angst. If you don't like melodrama stay far far away.

6) Mix
An Adachi baseball manga nuff said.

7) Jin
Doctor travels back in time and is forced to reinvent medical procedures.

8) Tomoshibi
A really cool and really varied short story collection.

9) The Wandering of Girls' Group No. 7
A sci-fi slice of life manga about a pair of girls. The world is pretty charming and each chapter has a quirky new piece of futuristic technology.

10) The Lady of Udon
Charming little romance manga
As always, you're a great source for finding cool and interesting things to read.

scy

Oh shit, I missed a flawfuls list?

Though I'm reminded that I never read Getenrou despite the suggestion awhile back. Guess I'll do that (after seeing if Mix makes me less angry about Q&A).

Basara is alright, it's getting better. But it's nowhere as good as I was expecting from the author of 7 Seeds. Definitely still learning. 7 Seeds is a masterpiece.

Akito

Oh shit, I missed a flawfuls list?

Though I'm reminded that I never read Getenrou despite the suggestion awhile back. Guess I'll do that (after seeing if Mix makes me less angry about Q&A).
It has wincest
Ok, they're not related but still.

upandaway

joseph_joestar_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6910.png
luffy_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6915.png
morgiana_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6917.png
shin_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691i.png
afro_samurai_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691u.png
blackgoku_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691x.png
bonkurei_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6922.png

Took me a while to do the next batch cause of new year's and stuff, but here they are.

You know if you requested it, have fun with them!
Sorry for taking liberation with your work but I had to see how a pouting mor would look (it's like 1 extra pixel), then I figured I'd upload it while I'm at it:
Z1KDT.png
haha

These are pretty crazy too, good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom