• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Bleach - A+
Oh shit, Aizen being released? Uryu being contacted by the Vandenreich? Isshin confirmed as Kukkaku's uncle? Zangetsu making a return? Unohana wiping the floor with Kenpachi? Epic chapter all around, best of this arc, hell, best of the series. I don't think I can hold 'til next week.

One Piece - A
Doflamingo wreaking some shit. Can't believe he killed Law though... There's no way the Straw Hats stand a chance against him in their current condition, so I wonder where Oda's taking this. At least Franky made Baby 5 his own personal hoe.

Naruto - E -
Neiji coming back to life? Obito Talk no Jutsu'd? Consider yourself dropped, Nardo.

:(

r8Aak.gif

Can't wait till next week.

scy

I think I need to figure out a manga character I want in sprite form so I can fit in :(

This peer pressure yo

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach - A+
Oh shit, Aizen being released? Uryu being contacted by the Vandenreich? Isshin confirmed as Kukkaku's uncle? Zangetsu making a return? Unohana wiping the floor with Kenpachi? Epic chapter all around, best of this arc, hell, best of the series. I don't think I can hold 'til next week.

One Piece - A
Doflamingo wreaking some shit. Can't believe he killed Law though... There's no way the Straw Hats stand a chance against him in their current condition, so I wonder where Oda's taking this. At least Franky made Baby 5 his own personal hoe.

Naruto - E -
Neiji coming back to life? Obito Talk no Jutsu'd? Consider yourself dropped, Nardo.

:(

Lol good try, but Bleach being that good and clearing that many things up? Nope.

Naruto sounds realistic though :lol

Popstar

joseph_joestar_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6910.png
luffy_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6915.png
morgiana_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6917.png
shin_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691i.png
afro_samurai_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691u.png
blackgoku_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q691x.png
bonkurei_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5q6alo.png

Took me a while to do the next batch cause of new year's and stuff, but here they are.

You know if you requested it, have fun with them!
Woot! Amazing work.

Do you have a website or something where I can see more of your stuff?

Sorry for taking liberation with your work but I had to see how a pouting mor would look (it's like 1 extra pixel), then I figured I'd upload it while I'm at it:
Z1KDT.png
haha
This needed a quote.

Steroyd

Am i miss something but don't the anime got 12 more eps left .
Also from what i understand the anime changes a few things around .

Yes it does, but the whole talking in a forest for so many episodes soured me so much, that where the latest episode ended I can just pretend everyone died.

Gradivus

A few questions for the people that have a dislike for stuff like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto.

What kind of changes would you had prefer the manga to take to appear more appealing from the "generic shonen jump battle manga title"?

Recently I've been going through a list of some battle mangass on the mangaupdates website. Going through some of the reviews that forum member's posts, you tend to get comments on the lines of " The mangaka has introduced too many characters for his own good similar to Tite Kubo" or "The arcs are just the same thing over and over like One Piece".

I'm not too well informed on most of the complains on that genre besides "Main character does everything while his/her take the leftovers", "not much change in personality throughout the course of the story" and "same arc problem (Bad group appears >Heroes gain new skills to fight them > Bad guys are defeated > New Bad guys rock up afterwards)".

What pet peeves do you guys have with the way most battle mangas have been set out?

scy

If the cast is likable enough and the direction of the plot seems enjoyable, that's all I really need.

Also, I guess obligatory waifu mention. "Shitty romance sub-plots" aside and all, I really do like having them around. Just my weakness, I guess.

Akito

The worst offenders being atrocious pacing (Bleach), ass-pulled power ups (Fairy Tail) and a big and potentially great but underused cast (mainly Naruto but Bleach to some extent as well). That's why FMA is such a masterpiece.

What pet peeves do you guys have with the way most battle mangas have been set out?

Too much adventure and boring world history and geography ruins stories especially when things are forgotten for years, probably the lead reason why One Piece is consistently dull when there isnt any action around. I think a balance is needed but its currently not in balance with the action in One Piece.

Off panel fights are even more worst than that. I think only Fairy Tail shows all fights that one cares about.

scy

Huh ... Horimiya is monthly, not weekly. So I have this and Last Game to taunt me endlessly month-to-month?

... T.T

Too much adventure and boring world history and geography ruins stories especially when things are forgotten for years, probably the lead reason why One Piece is consistently dull when there isnt any action around. I think a balance is needed but its currently not in balance with the action in One Piece.

Well, it depends on how enjoyable the world building is.

I think One Piece's problem, at times, is that there's a pretty big quality gap between some arcs :( Of course, it's bound to happen but ... still. Not really an issue if you're playing catch up rather than waiting week-to-week though. This applies to a lot of other manga, though (e.g., Ippo >>).

Tower of God 7r-79

Daaaaaaamn. How can 4 chapters change everything?

Also as for the fake out...... I'mnotevenmad.jpeg. With how things are setting up it seems perfect and necessary and not just reaching for shock value.

Kurita

Hunter X Hunter volumes 9, 10, 11, 12
Why is this manga so good?
The whole York Shin City arc is one of the best things ever. The more I read this manga, the more I think it's flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom