• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

Damn Neorice, I want to request an avatar but I'm always afraid you'd be too busy or something. I do request Hunter x Hunter's Chrollo if you're available, though :3

Korosenai

Damn Neorice, I want to request an avatar but I'm always afraid you'd be too busy or something. I do request Hunter x Hunter's Chrollo if you're available, though :3
That would be a good one. I almost thought about asking him for Netero or Ging, but decided to go with King Bradley instead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That would be a good one. I almost thought about asking him for Netero or Ging, but decided to go with King Bradley instead.

I was torn between Lupin and Big O, Lupin fits my personality a bit better so I went with that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Make EviLore and see if you can get him to use it

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They really are reminiscent of that pixel art smash bros piece that was done during the dojo.

Get_Ready_to_BRAWL__Fin__by_AbyssWolf.png

I'll always prefer mangas over their anime adapations just because mangas are the authors' own creations. Their art, their writing...
So many animes look exactly the same...

The Eyeshield 21 anime... You look at Murata's art and cry.

Same here.

Kanemochi-kun to Binbou-kun (Rich boy to Poor boy)
tumblr_m465q1ofCK1qzibz9o1_250.jpg

Finally tackling actual manga from Christmas times. Anyway really kind first love type shonen ai. I thought it was really nice with the chairman whose son goes to the school as well as his friendss son that also goes to the same school. He reminds him of his friend and starts to get closer to him as old memories are triggered which play out real nice and emotional, like the war scene. With the two main characters they have an interesting time coming to their feelings, the poor one Misaki being unable to understand the rich one, Meiji, until way late in it. I enjoyed the ride and experienced and like the conclusion/confession and the day after.

Best moment.

iavi

MangaGaf, it's been a long time. I'm actually looking for some recs. I've been keeping up with Bartender and Kami no Shizuku, but have fallen behind everything else--OP, Shingeki, etc..

Some of my favorite mangas:

Bartender
Kami No Shizuku
Bambino (Why won't you be scanlated sequel? Why.)
Onani Master Kurosawa

I've started Molester Man after the hype festa that went on in here, and from the first chapter; it's not bad at all. I don't see the Onani comparisons, but it seems like it could be great. Protag is funny as hell. It's not available on my Android reader for some reason, however, which makes my reading it a little slow.

Anything else good that I'm missing out on?

Soul Cartel 52
tumblr_mg32dfiD5A1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Ketchups staff skills are always impressive though surely he cant hope to defeat the one he's up agains and sihoon must need to help out, I hope. Dont want death even though there was blood. Its terrible that this cant become an anime.

Naruto

I realize I've been late to the party here, but I've been waiting so long, so so long. It was cheezy as all hell, but god, they're perfect together. Hinata is the kind of person who makes Naruto a better one, and vice versa. Even if we haven't seen it in Naruto's case, we certainly have in Hinata's. She's loved him unconditionally the whole time. ALL MY FEELS.

I know I just went full on ship there, but I couldn't help gushing a little. Hopefully it's not swerved and actually leads to something really heartwarming at the end of this whole shit. I'm pretty ready for Naruto to be over, honestly.

One Piece

After hanging out in Arlong Park, I was pretty sure that that was going to be Monet's heart. Baby 5's transformations are funny, but I would have preferred if her morphs were more situational, like turning individual limbs into weapons.

DID NOT EXPECT DOFLAMINGO TO COME RUNNING TO THE BATTLEFIELD YET. I don't think Luffy is on Doflamingo's level right now. While I expected this fight to happen, I didn't think it was going to come so soon. If he fights, the Straw Hats might lose, and get another out of the blue rescue.

Solune

MangaGaf, it's been a long time. I'm actually looking for some recs. I've been keeping up with Bartender and Kami no Shizuku, but have fallen behind everything else--OP, Shingeki, etc..

Bartender
Kami No Shizuku
Onani Master Kurosawa

I've started Molester Man after the hype festa that went on in here, and from the first chapter; it's not bad at all. I don't see the Onani comparisons, but it seems like it could be great. Protag is funny as hell. It's not available on my Android reader for some reason, however, which makes my reading it a little slow.

Miri you've returned at long last! ;_;

You should read Akame ga Kill. Post your Molester Man impressions too

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Bartender
Kami No Shizuku
Onani Master Kurosawa

Give silver spoon a spin.

Ocha Nigosu vol 1-2

This is so Nishimori. It's like if he was the one to write Angel Densetsu.

Seeing the whole "cycle of revenge" trope placed in a comedic, delinquent setting like this is damn refreshing. I'd say this is another winner just like Kyou Kara Ore Wa.

iavi

Miri you've returned at long last! ;_;

You should read Akame ga Kill. Post your Molester Man impressions too

Solune, my bro, yep; With a new name and everything--unfortunatly lol. I'm in the mood to read some manga like I haven't been in what feels like forever.

I'll check Akeme Ga out, and will definitely post some Molester Man impressions.

Give silver spoon a spin.

Already on the mind! If it's even half as good as FMA, I'll be set.

Antiwhippy

Ocha Nigosu vol 1-2

Seeing the whole "cycle of revenge" trope placed in a comedic, delinquent setting like this is damn refreshing. I'd say this is another winner just like Kyou Kara Ore Wa.

Aw yeah, another person reading this.

Already on the mind! If it's even half as good as FMA, I'll be set.

It is nothing like FMA, but if you like bartender I'd say give it a shot. Gives me the same vibes.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That's Miri? Where the fuck have you been.

Ayo all these random motherfuckers coming to jack neorice's styling-ass avatars man. Mad props. But then the Mangaf exclusivity drops :(. Pretty soon randoms will be dropping by the steal from the cookie jar.

That gets an anti shout out.

Oh and Glass Rebel don't think I didn't see what you said. Ill let that slide though.

Ayo all these random motherfuckers coming to jack neorice's styling-ass avatars man. Mad props. But then the Mangaf exclusivity drops :(. Pretty soon randoms will be dropping by the steal from the cookie jar.

That gets an anti shout out.

Oh and Glass Rebel don't think I didn't see what you said. Ill let that slide though.

I'd appreciate it, if people could donate voluntarily donate for the avatars, because he's clearly working his ass off. With MS Paint.

But that's obviously his call.

iavi

You don't know how much it hurts me everytime I think of this. :(

Just know that you have comrades who suffer with you.

Yessir. Raging in Gaf-hop and the gaming side; an entirely unhealthy combo.

Wait, Miizy, you're Miri!? Holy shit dude, haven't seen you in ages! Welcome back! Planning on returning to animegaf as well?

Thanks, Cosmic! I do plan to get back to anime-gaf too really soon here, as soon as the itch to really start watching some animu starts needing scratching. All I've kept up with lately is Gintama, and that's been on recaps lol wtf? Back to new eps next week , though. thank god.

It is nothing like FMA, but if you like bartender I'd say give it a shot. Gives me the same vibes.

Oh, I meant that by nature of it being another Arakawa work. Bartender vibes only make it sound that much better.

Ocha Nigosu vol 1-2

All three of those series you mentioned are brilliant.

What are manga that you would ligitimately call a masterpiece? As in, never loses sight of itself and surpasses the expectations of the medium. Not something that's just your favorite manga.

Here's mine:

• 7 Seeds(potentially)
  • Slam Dunk
  • Lone Wolf and Cub
  • Solanin

As hard as I try, I can't think of others of a high enough quality and consistency. Even Sanctuary and Ghost in the Shell have a bunch of problems.

Ooh, I forgot to reply to this. Osamu Tezuka's mangas are still a great read, and here's one you should try:

apollos+song.jpg

Have to run for my Friday's prayers now but it reminds me of Cloud Atlas in a way. I think a lot of you here will love it.

I gotta read more Tezuka. Some day.

Just reminds me that Buddha movie went absolutely nowhere.

Don't delay the inevitable.

Yeah, other than some racial/gender issues that exists in his time his works are holding up so well. He is considered the God of Manga for a reason.

El Sloth

Banned
Don't delay the inevitable.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I am ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ a beautiful strong hispanic sloth ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no pixel avatar ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝
Stop being a whore-sloth. Ask for one of Dal Dal or Moon Young.
I'm not as quick to drop to my knees as you are, Slutlune.

upandaway

I remember I stopped reading Ocha Nigosu after a few chapters (I think the latest was 20 back then) to wait until after I finished KKOW, and then I kinda forgot about it. I should get on that again sometime.

Assassination Classroom 26

Oh damn, Karasuma's awesome. About time he gets some spotlight.

Korosensei starting to regret the 1-second reward :lol

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 36-37

yeah

wow

dude...

survivor

Banned
I'm a million pages late on this but the answer is obviously Banana Fish.

Hmm
Nature made Ash Lynx beautiful; nurture made him a cold ruthless killer. A runaway brought up as the adopted heir and sex toy of "Papa" Dino Golzine, Ash, now at the rebellious age of seventeen, forsakes the kingdom held out by the devil who raised him. But the hideous secret that drove Ash's older brother mad in Vietnam has suddenly fallen into Papa's insatiably ambitious hands--and it's exactly the wrong time for Eiji Okamura, a pure-hearted young photographer from Japan, to make Ash Lynx's acquaintance
Sounds like a dark and cruel shoujo take on gang wars. Time to add it to my never-ending shoujo backlog.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Bambino.. It was awesome manga, but why no one did second one?

survivor

Banned
Could you list some out? I need more shoujo to read.

Gonna start basara soon.

A Cruel God Reigns
Ao Haru Ride
Boys Over Flowers
Cat Street
Dawn of the Arcana
flat
Kodocha
Lady Oscar
Please Save My Earth
Princess

I have no idea when I'm gonna find the time to read any of these long running manga

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am so much in love with Ocha Nigosu. Its sense of humor is just fantastic--I greatly prefer this kind of humor compared to the *loud* and *flashy* ones like in One Piece or Beelzebub.

The romance in it is so goddamn adorable too.

I also really really like Angel Densetsu. MUCH MORE enjoyable than Claymore, that's for sure.

Antiwhippy

A Cruel God Reigns
Ao Haru Ride
Boys Over Flowers
Cat Street
Dawn of the Arcana
flat
Kodocha
Lady Oscar
Please Save My Earth
Princess

I have no idea when I'm gonna find the time to read any of these long running manga

Oh man, the only one I've heard of is boys over flowers. Gonna look into those series.

I am so much in love with Ocha Nigosu. Its sense of humor is just fantastic--I greatly prefer this kind of humor compared to the *loud* and *flashy* ones like in One Piece or Beelzebub.

The romance in it is so goddamn adorable too.

I also really really like Angel Densetsu. MUCH MORE enjoyable than Claymore, that's for sure.

Have you read kyou kara ore wa? Same author as ocha nigosu and to me it's his masterpiece.

Edit: autocorrect is a fucking nightmare when you're trying to discuss manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom