• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

I'm not as quick to drop to my knees as you are, Slutlune.
Even Envelope came around. don`t be a pooper like scy.

If I didn't ask for a Future Trunks already, this would be tempting.
Haha, I LOVE Onizuka, but I really want to request alot of avatars. Something with a scarf, ya know?
Could you list some out? I need more shoujo to read.

Gonna start basara soon.
Matryoshka
Red Road
Sukitte ii na yo
Dengeki Daisy
Kimi ni Todoke
Iris Zero
Ouran Host Club
I am so much in love with Ocha Nigosu. Its sense of humor is just fantastic--I greatly prefer this kind of humor compared to the *loud* and *flashy* ones like in One Piece or Beelzebub.

The romance in it is so goddamn adorable too.

I also really really like Angel Densetsu. MUCH MORE enjoyable than Claymore, that's for sure.

Yah Ocha Nigosu is awesome. Look into Tenshi na Konamaiki if you haven't already.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Claymore around here =(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I liked claymore, but then it keeps going on and on and on.

Also it definitely isn't better than angel densatsu.

Some shoujo you guys should read:

Sailormoon
Oresama Teacher
Akagami no Shirayukihime.
Honey & Clover (or get the anime, which is really, really good)
March Comes Like A Lion
Kuragehime

Dresden

Technically some of those are seinen or josei, but still, good stuff nonetheless.

I wouldn't start March Lion until there's a faster translation, though. It's hell catching up, then forgetting about it, then when a new chapter is translated at last, you don't even remember what was happening. I'll probably pick it back up if they ever catch up to the current volume.

e:

Also this is where Angel Densetsu fell off the cliff:

http://i.imgur.com/FzyxH.png

upandaway

Unlimited Baby Steps 144-146

This match is really amazing so far. I was starting to root for Ide in the first set haha, I like that guy.

I was really surprised that Ei-chan decided to use the 2nd set to test for new patterns. I totally forgot his 2nd set is completely safe and that he CAN afford to lose it. Unlike a certain other projecting individual.

Not Popular 33

suYRx.png

Story of my life.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GE

This series never caused me rage, I just found everything so fucking predictable. Blondie got hosed.

iavi

Teppuu 1-6

Gamaran, but with gloves instead of swords, and nobody dies. You`d have to try hard to fuck the product of that equation up; and, so far, it seems as if more had trying for that nowhere near his mind.

The art isn't the best, but is fantastic when doing motion panels, still.

flawfuls

Nounai Poison Berry

This manga's premise is great. At it's core it's a pretty standard a josei romance manga, but the protagonist has a sort of council in her head representing her thought process that analysis and decides what she does. It feels sort of like the online advice of Desha Otoko/Molester man, but taken to the extreme. The council agonizes and argues over ever single detail of the protagonists life and their reactions and interactions are generally more entertaining than what is happening in the real world.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Have you read kyou kara ore wa? Same author as ocha nigosu and to me it's his masterpiece.

Edit: autocorrect is a fucking nightmare when you're trying to discuss manga.

Backing this up. Banana, how about doing KKOW as a daily read? it'll be awesome.

We basically read it daily when it was translated and it was so fun

No, I haven't. Hmmm, I checked the amount of chapters and whoa, that's a lot! If it's as good a you guys say I will check it out since I really like the author's sense of humor in Ocha Nigosu.

There's a point in the series where it really needed to end, but it doesn't, and it keeps dragging on and on with the same gag. Sad because I really liked it until then.

Yea, come to think of it it did really kind of stretching things up at the end. Regardless, it's a great read simply because there wasn't (and still hasn't?) anything like it around.

Yah Ocha Nigosu is awesome. Look into Tenshi na Konamaiki if you haven't already.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes Claymore around here =(

Tenshi na Konamaiki... is that the one where the main girl was actually a guy once that got changed by a genie?

Hey, I also like Claymore; I just thought Angel Densetsu was much more enjoyable is all :)

Waking up with a headache sucks. :(

Yeah, it sucks big time :\

To everyone who sent me request PMs and stuff, I'm taking a break.

Had a headache most of yesterday and now I woke up with one too,
I think I need to relax from all this work lol.

hamchan

GE - Good Ending

Welp, nearly over now. The original one shot gave me the same feelings of satisfaction but it didn't take 155 chapters to get there.

Akito

Baby Steps
Uh oh, break incoming. It would be hilarious if Maruo was down a break or two in the second set and then manages to come back from that, the crowd would implode.

Articalys

Ahaha, this is cute; the upcoming Bakuman fanbook will have a handful of Jump TOC excerpts (with author comments) from within the world of the series, but what's amusing is, since the timeline of Bakuman went into the late 2010's, one of them jokingly implies -- probably truthfully, too -- that One Piece will still be going in 2018:

Akito

Ahaha, this is cute; the upcoming Bakuman fanbook will have a handful of Jump TOC excerpts (with author comments) from within the world of the series, but what's amusing is, since the timeline of Bakuman went into the late 2010's, one of them jokingly implies that One Piece will still be going in 2018:
It's a pretty safe bet. We will read OP along with our children.

That actually makes me happy. I thought the series became a bit stale, so I hope this changes the tone a little bit.

I can't say I ever expected to see
missing torsos
and a
waifu ripping arms off and squishing heads
with
blood splattering everywhere
in a TWGOK chapter.

I mean Goddamn.

I can't say I ever expected to see
missing torsos
and a
waifu ripping arms off and squishing heads
with
blood splattering everywhere
in a TWGOK chapter.

I mean Goddamn.

Wow, this doesn't sound like TWGOK at all. Which is pretty great for me, but I wonder if this will be a general direction from now on. Maybe not the dark tone, but more gore in general.

Are the sales low or something?

Steroyd

Has the author ever expressed a desire to actually end it though? I just assumed he was planning to just continue for as long as he could.

If only. I really with I stopped reading at the end of the Greed Island arc. It was the closest thing to a stopping point.

If you read all but the very last chapter you can pretend it ended there.

Kusagari

Is it anyway close to finishing now? I'm catching up and am at the Arena arc or whatever it's called.

lol no.

In fact it was at a point where a possible ending was in sight before the latest hiatus and then Togashi added something that completely changed the game and would make another 5+ years look likely even without the hiatuses.

Antiwhippy

Has the author ever expressed a desire to actually end it though? I just assumed he was planning to just continue for as long as he could.

If only. I really with I stopped reading at the end of the Greed Island arc. It was the closest thing to a stopping point.
What I meant it might as well have ended already. :p

Was there even any indications of him continuing the manga soon?

lol no.

In fact it was at a point where a possible ending was in sight before the latest hiatus and then Togashi added something that completely changed the game and would make another 5+ years look likely even without the hiatuses.

Really? what was it again?

Wiseblade

Is it anyway close to finishing now? I'm catching up and am at the Arena arc or whatever it's called.

The last chapter before the hiatus was basically Togashi sticking his middle fingers up at the audience and saying "You haven't seen anything yet! See you next year, maybe!"

Antiwhippy

The Dark Continent, which seems to basically be the Gourmet World/New World of HxH.
Oh, that.

Honestly though when I read that I felt it was a pretty good stopping point, because there's no way he'll finish it on time to really do the concept justice.

Done with Molester Man.

Funny, short and sweet but Masturbation Master is still the king.

May I ask why? I just finished reading Kurosawa yesterday and I felt the exact opposite. Other than chapter 30 and 31 it really didn't have any redeeming qualities for me. There were few rare occasions where I rooted for the main character, but that never lasted long. I mostly hated everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom