• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

hey homies, some how I stumbled on five volumes of the original Lupin III (Tokyopop), though they're outta order. Is there a lot of continuity in the series, or will I be okay to read the few I have as is?

Hokuto no Ken is one of my favourite manga but after reaching part 3 I have to give it to JoJo. Need more drawings explaining the crazy tactics though!

ShinNL

Just because it was from the same author doesn't necessarily mean Claymore was inspired by Angel Densetsu, right? Or maybe I missed some information somewhere.
If you take a look at chapter 72-73 from Angel Densetsu, you can see a glimpse of what the author saw. He probably liked those characters and made a new world for them. He didn't change the personalities nor their specific looks nor their specific relationship. Looks inspired to me.

Breaker New Waves

Elder Kwon kicking ass, shit going down, yada yada yada

and I still don't know what they're talking about half of the time.

Wolfsmund Ch. 4

I'm not sure I like the episodic nature of this manga. At least next chapter seems to be a continuation of this one.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

hQ7vs.png

I mean, I shouldn't really be surprised in how this came to be, but still...

Averon

Bakuman 175

So, is the next chapter the finale? I'm asking because this chapter definitely feels like a "wrapping it up" chapter. Everything from overcoming their final hurdle with Eiji to taking time to portray what the other authors were doing was covered. And the mention of the uncle at the end really felt like they've come full circle.

survivor

Banned
Bakuman 175

So, is the next chapter the finale? I'm asking because this chapter definitely feels like a "wrapping it up" chapter. Everything from overcoming their final hurdle with Eiji to taking time to portray what the other authors are doing was covered.

Should be.

They got their goal, they showed what the other characters are up to, they beat the other dude and now he has to propose. Only thing preventing it from an end is Nanamine 3.0

Tamanon

Banned
If it's not the Bakuman finale because of some unforeseen event, that would just look horrible. Gotta be the wrap-up chapter.

upandaway

I wouldn't be surprised if the final chapter came after the next one. Even after a propose, there's the wedding, and the "timeskip to the forever and ever" moment. And one final montage, because the one in this chapter didn't really cover everyone.

Tizoc

Have the Fairy Tail fans here read Rave Master?

I've read RaVe a loooooooooooooong time ago but never finished it.
I should have the DVD Boxset somewhere in my home~
...but really...FT is a generic shonen, I don't see it being very impressive but it's fun to read if you don't mind that kind of stuff.
Gajeel>all though~

survivor

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the final chapter came after the next one. Even after a propose, there's the wedding, and the "timeskip to the forever and ever" moment. And one final montage, because the one in this chapter didn't really cover everyone.

If it's the final chapter can't they just double the pages count and cover all of that?

Detective Conan:
Holy shit, that ending was a long time coming. The plot has been moving at a pretty rapid pace lately. Subaru is just a boss, and that ending confirms a lot of stuff. I'm glad to see that this case is focusing on all of that, and it looks like the current arc probably doesn't have that much time left in it. I can't wait to see where things go next.

I think they need three more chapters in order to complete the volume, so that seems like a likely amount to me. Besides, I think three chapters would make sense. 176 just being Mashiro and Miho together and having the proposal, 177 focusing on the actual wedding, and 178 wrapping everything up with all the characters.

upandaway

If it's the final chapter can't they just double the pages count and cover all of that?
We would know about extra pages from this week's preview (it said nothing, just CP)

I think they need three more chapters in order to complete the volume, so that seems like a likely amount to me. Besides, I think three chapters would make sense. 176 just being Mashiro and Miho together and having the proposal, 177 focusing on the actual wedding, and 178 wrapping everything up with all the characters.
Counting next week, three more chapters would be ideal for a volume, plus it's just at the start of the next Jump cancellation batch. They could just as easily work with 2 more chapters, though.

And Conan is starting to rapid fire? Could it be ending? That would be pickles and wallnuts.

Counting next week, three more chapters would be ideal for a volume, plus it's just at the start of the next Jump cancellation batch. They could just as easily work with 2 more chapters, though.

Yeah, two chapters would also be possible. It depends on how they pace things next chapter.

And Conan is starting to rapid fire? Could it be ending? That would be pickles and wallnuts.

I don't think it's ending any time soon, but the current story arc is definitely wrapping up. There's too many ongoing plot threads and character arcs for the series to end in the near future, though.

What Conan plot is progressing? Is he gonna crack the Organization soon? I quit Conan because the Organization appeared in like 50 to 100 chapters intervals, the plot never progressed.

Jojo Part 2

Joseph is such a boss
"Its not my business that you are hijacking my uncle plane"
lol

upandaway

Anagle Mole

Okay that Boko is great. I'm starting to see the potential in Luchiru's power.

I wonder if marshmallow dude could soften a stick and use it as a whip or something. He's got lots of potential too.

upandaway

Hahaha I love the end. Looks like they needed an excuse to make a joke out of it.

I'm fine with that scenario since OP always comes out when I'm asleep/at work anyway. The recent translations have been pretty silly.

Why did they stop before?
Bunch of people went to Viz's site/facebook and said "But why pay when you can dance with orangutans at <insert full HTTP address of MS>?!?!" on the subject of Alpha, and Viz retaliated

Bunch of people went to Viz's site/facebook and said "But why pay when you can dance with orangutans at <insert full HTTP address of MS>?!?!" on the subject of Alpha, and Viz retaliated

It must be killing Loki to release the MS versions after the aggregate sites' crap versions, but good news nonetheless. Almost makes me want to mosey over and see how those guys are doing these days.

Ambitious

I'm looking for recommendations again.

Here's what I've read so far, including my opinions:
Berserk (incredible)
Claymore (awesome)
Gantz (awesome, although I don't like everything post-invasion as much as everything before)
Shingeki no Kyojin (not bad)
Übel Blatt (it's nice.)
Vinland Saga (great)
20th Century Boys (very nice)
Death Note (awesome)
Hellsing (awesome)
Monster (very nice)
Pluto (it's okay. wouldn't read it again.)
Trigun (dropped after 20 chapters. don't like the setting and the characters, and the comedic elements)
Elfen Lied (read it long time ago when it was still running. it's nice, but I never felt like reading the remaining chapters to the end)
Blade of the Immortal (dropped after 2 chapters. don't like the setting.)

When I asked here the last time, people recommended me Kamisama no Iutoori and Vagabond (among some other mangas I have already read since then). The former is pretty short, I'm looking for something that keeps me excited for a longer period of time. Vagabond seems to be several times better than BotI, but well, samurai setting. Dunno.

As I mentioned in my first post back then, I prefer more serious stories and supernatural settings (not necessarily fantasy) or at least elements. Comedic elements are of course okay (I love Puck @Berserk), but please not too much.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for recommendations again.

Here's what I've read so far, including my opinions:
Berserk (incredible)
Claymore (awesome)
Gantz (awesome, although I don't like everything post-invasion as much as everything before)
Shingeki no Kyojin (not bad)
Übel Blatt (it's nice.)
Vinland Saga (great)
20th Century Boys (very nice)
Death Note (awesome)
Hellsing (awesome)
Monster (very nice)
Pluto (it's okay. wouldn't read it again.)
Trigun (dropped after 20 chapters. don't like the setting and the characters, and the comedic elements)
Elfen Lied (read it long time ago when it was still running. it's nice, but I never felt like reading the remaining chapters to the end)
Blade of the Immortal (dropped after 2 chapters. don't like the setting.)

When I asked here the last time, people recommended me Kamisama no Iutoori and Vagabond (among some other mangas I have already read since then). The former is pretty short, I'm looking for something that keeps me excited for a longer period of time. Vagabond seems to be several times better than BotI, but well, samurai setting. Dunno.

As I mentioned in my first post back then, I prefer more serious stories and supernatural settings (not necessarily fantasy) or at least elements. Comedic elements are of course okay (I love Puck @Berserk), but please not too much.

Thanks in advance.

Jojo
Black Lagoon
Btooom!
Jormungand
Team Medical Dragon

Ambitious

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I'm having a look into them right now, I guess I'll start with Liar Game, then Black Lagoon or Jormungand.

Jojo Part 2 End

Holy Shit at
Cars death

Joseph was pretty badass over the whole part and Nazi Guile was very cool, the creativity and execution of the battles were really good.

Now to Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom