• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why the fuck do mangas do entire flashback chapters of characters they are going to kill in the next few chapters. SERIOUSLY shit pisses me off
Last time to do it/poor planning.

One Piece
Some good info this chapter and the set up for things to come .
After hearing about Vegapunk i knew we had to get a mad scientist and hear he is .
He has a Gas DF so who knows what sort of crazy abilities he has since they are many types of gas .

Sai

Shibatora's a good read. I was avoiding it for a while because the concept of a child-size police officer just didn't seem all that enticing... But I'm really enjoying it!

Reminded me of Psychometrer Eiji, then I look up the author 'n artists names and find out they're from the same folks. XD

One Piece

So the mad scientist is creating a weapon of mass destruction. Curious how this links Law and the kidnapped children. Also he is under orders of someone.

Lastly, Smoker Tashigi is hawt.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece
Some good info this chapter and the set up for things to come .
After hearing about Vegapunk i knew we had to get a mad scientist and hear he is .
He has a Gas DF so who knows what sort of crazy abilities he has since they are many types of gas .
Actually, it sounds like lies Crown spewed to his dudes. Smoker says he built the weapon and allowed it to go off. I wonder who's really telling the truth here though.......

Actually, it sounds like lies Crown spewed to his dudes. Smoker says he built the weapon and allowed it to go off. I wonder who's really telling the truth here though.......

I was talking about CC being the mad scientist not Vegapunk .
Most likely smoker telling the truth CC lines along with what he did this chapter shows he crazy.
I should add i also like how smoker knows you can't trust the marines fully since he was one of the few characters that know things not black and white .

Naruto 583
tumblr_m2oa1ogSsh1r26sv4o1_500.jpg

Naruto fandom seems split on this. Regardless, at the end of the day the flashback did provide much needed information on how Kabuto came to Lord Orochimaru, hopefully we get one more chapter detailing his time with him and how he came to respect Lord Orochimaru so much. More screentime with Kabuto was pleasing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Okay, whoever is translating needs to stop. They're terrible at it!

Good chapter from I could gather though.

smurfx

get some go again
so the guy ceasar is working for is called joker? its somebody that has ties to the government since they can cover up stuff. wonder what role that guy will play in the future. although i do wonder why law is working with ceasar. does law also take orders from this joker guy? if ceasar is a gas guy then he might not be able to poison luffy since he has some immunity to it thanks to his incident at impel down. wonder if luffy will fight him or perhaps he ends up fighting law and maybe zoro and the crew takes ceasar down.

Kreed

Bakuman:

Glad to see it's finally ending. This manga was just as disappointing as the second half of Death Note, only without ever reaching the high points of Part 1. It had a lot of potential too prior to PCP, makes it worse. I don't know if Ohba and Obata are going to do any more mangas together, but I'm going to be very hesitant reading anything from the two of them going forward.

Haly

I see Hanatarou has finally completed his transformation to Rukia.

EDIT: No wait, that's Rukia, I guess it's happening in the opposite direction.

Haly

I could've sworn during the exam arc Kabuto was labeled as kind of a failure but he's been doing secret missions for the Leaf all this time wat.

A last minute attempt to make you feel for the character so their death has more impact.

Indeed but it hardly works most of the time.

I could've sworn during the exam arc Kabuto was labeled as kind of a failure but he's been doing secret missions for the Leaf all this time wat.

More likely he was lying since we found out he was a capable ninja during the hospital incident with Kakashi.

Haly

My point is if the Leaf already knows he's a super secret spy ninja recruited by Danzo, he should've been picked up immediately.

It's not like he disguised himself or changed his appearance significantly.

My point is if the Leaf already knows he's a super secret spy ninja recruited by Danzo, he should've been picked up immediately.

It's not like he disguised himself or changed his appearance significantly.

Unless Danzo didn't say shit to anyone else given how shady that guy and his group was.

IIRC even Kakashi was surprised of his skills during that encounter also so i guess that info wasn't common knowledge at all.

Haly

If I'm reading this wiki entry right, Kabuto worked for Danzo, stuff happened, then worked for Konoha, then stuff happened, then worked for Sasori and spied on Orochimaru then defected to Orochimaru then went back into Konoha as a spy.

Leaf has some unbearably bad security.

Oh, and by the time Kabuto was picked up by his adoptive father he already knew Medical Jutsu, and that wasn't suspicious at all.

These are some serious asspulls.

If I'm reading this wiki entry right, Kabuto worked for Danzo, stuff happened, then worked for Konoha, then stuff happened, then worked for Sasori and spied on Orochimaru then defected to Orochimaru then went back into Konoha as a spy.

Leaf has some unbearably bad security.

Oh, and by the time Kabuto was picked up by his adoptive father he already knew Medical Jutsu, and that wasn't suspicious at all.

These are some serious asspulls.

So Kabuto is James Bond then? lol

MCD

I'd rather read 100 chapters of this flashback than one panel of Sasuke.

All three sucked this week.

survivor

Banned
One Piece

Too much info dump

Also, hooray for Bakuman's end. Good thing, they had some integrity left and didn't prolong it anymore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suppose the only reason there is multi chapters of Kabuto flashback is because this guy been there since the first chapters.

Desmond

Naruto 583
tumblr_m2oa1ogSsh1r26sv4o1_500.jpg

Naruto fandom seems split on this. Regardless, at the end of the day the flashback did provide much needed information on how Kabuto came to Lord Orochimaru, hopefully we get one more chapter detailing his time with him and how he came to respect Lord Orochimaru so much. More screentime with Kabuto was pleasing.

I thought Kabuto survived some battle (Kikyo pass?) and was taken to Konoha to be raised as the son of the Medical Corps guy. This flashback says otherwise.

I'd rather read 100 chapters of this flashback than one panel of Sasuke.
This

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Apathy. That's all I got for Kabuto, and this shitty chapter.

Bleach
Good chapter. Though the situation between Yamamoto and Aizen w/ facial hair seems cliche. It's nice to see the Quincy on the move so soon.

One Piece
Obviously taking the week again. Gimme all that info. I'm hoping Joker is Kaido, which is kind of a baseless assumption, only going by silhouette and his possible connection to X-Drake.

Also, Vegapunk's dragon is artificial? Fuck, I was hoping Wano would be a samurai-dragon island. I still feel like PH is like Little Garden-tier, and that the samurai is the New World's Vivi. I honestly can't tell what's going to happen next on the island, and how long it might be.

scy

Shibatora's a good read. I was avoiding it for a while because the concept of a child-size police officer just didn't seem all that enticing... But I'm really enjoying it!

Reminded me of Psychometrer Eiji, then I look up the author 'n artists names and find out they're from the same folks. XD

Oh neat. Now I'm curious about this too.

789shadow

Banned
Naruto
Apathy. That's all I got for Kabuto, and this shitty chapter.

Bleach
Good chapter. Though the situation between Yamamoto and Aizen w/ facial hair seems cliche. It's nice to see the Quincy on the move so soon.

One Piece
Obviously taking the week again. Gimme all that info. I'm hoping Joker is Kaido, which is kind of a baseless assumption, only going by silhouette and his possible connection to X-Drake.

Also, Vegapunk's dragon is artificial? Fuck, I was hoping Wano would be a samurai-dragon island. I still feel like PH is like Little Garden-tier, and that the samurai is the New World's Vivi. I honestly can't tell what's going to happen next on the island, and how long it might be.

I'm betting Crown works for Big Mom developing weapons of mass destruction for her.

Guesong

We need the Memento meme, but with a picture of Kabuto saying "Don't believe his lies" instead.

The guy is Traitor Spy Ninja supreme, anything he said in the whole series might or might not be true.

(or more likely, they were true, but hey retcon is easy with this guy)

I'm betting Crown works for Big Mom developing weapons of mass destruction for her.

To me it has to be someone with connections to the marines .
The person seem to have the power to make things look like accidents to keep people from asking question.
Plus i don't really think people like the Emperors would care about hiding what they are doing.

Haly

Hopefully he pulls and Aizen and this flashback isn't true either.

Kusagari

Naruto:

In a way I didn't mind this chapter, because I DID want to know how Kabuto met Oro and seeing Danzo again was cool.

But the whole "KABUTO WAS A SECRET SPY FOR DANZO THE ENTIRE TIME EVERYONE THOUGHT HE SUCKED" crap is so contrived its absurd.

And where the fuck does Sasori fit into this?

Wiseblade

To me it has to be someone with connections to the marines .
The person seem to have the power to make things look like accidents to keep people from asking question.
Plus i don't really think people like the Emperors would care about hiding what they are doing.

Or perhaps...
iE5l8bBDYWXZD.gif

It's one big conspiracy! Big Mom helped Crown escape and hired him to make weapons for her and sent a mole into the Marines (Law?) to keep everything hidden from prying eyes.

Steroyd

Naruto

I cried at the end... because it wasn't the end of the flashback.

One Piece

I can't wait to see how Law ties into all this, and welp if Law is merely a taster of what the worse generation have been up to the last 2 years.

Bleach
Holy good pacing Batman. I'm loving this shit. Hmm....one thousand years ago....Yamamoto became Captain Commander of the Gotei 13....and one thousand years ago he failed to kill the Vandenreich leader. Connection? Hmm

Naruto.
Only flashback that's worth it is Tobi. Jesus fuck Kishimoto.

Wiseblade

Silver Spoon

Hachiken's reactions to VP's scolding was hilarious. It's beginning to look like I was right about Mikage and Komaba too.

Naruto

Once I accepted the fact that we'll have to wait a while for the plot to move forward, I actually kinda liked this flashback. Besides, the main battle between Dr.Snakes/Itachi/Kabuto sucked anyway so I'm not in a huge hurry to get back into it.

Bleach

New big bad looks cool. Can't wait to see the invasion.

This is like the second or third week in a row that Bleach has been better than Naruto. Can't remember the last time that's happened.

p.s. need to start reading One Piece but so much catching up to do :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'll give a little extra this time since I missed out on last week. But none of these grades include consideration of last week's chapters as those were last week's chapters.

Naruto: D

No one cares about anyone in the chapter. Danzo is DEAD. Sasuke KILLED him. Why? I don't know why Kishimoto let Sasuke kill Danzo before the war even started. Dude was the leader of root, he obviously had big plans for the entire village and was scheming hard. Then he just dies. Great. Also, now that I'm thinking about Root, I still say it's so dumb that Sai hasn't seen Sasuke since that one time back in the day. Sai should've fought Sasuke with Kakashi, since now Sai and Sasuke have a link more than ever since Sasuke just killed Danzo.

Anyways, this flashback was dumb. Boring. Whatever. Random nin. The only thing that made this chapter even interesting? THATS RIGHT. THE ONLY GOOD VILLAIN IN THIS MANGA. I mean look at him. He's a boss. He's just trolling; he doesn't even give a fuck about Danzo...we know that by now for a fact. He's just in root doing what he wants to get what he wants, sooner or later he'll be snaking his way into Akatsuki. SWAG.

PK Gaming, I want you to seriously tell me that Kabuto is better than Orochimaru as a villain. Orochimaru is the only thing that made this chapter intriguing in the least (and not an F).

Bleach: A-

This chapter was great. Lots of stuff happening...

First, we've got KIRA THE SNITCH. Nah, it actually fits his character, he was always the type to go spying and stuff ever since the Aizen betrayal back in Soul Society. I like that we got a Vice Captain meeting to go along with the Captain meeting. It had a much less tension filled vibe than the captain meeting. But it was nice to see that everyone is kicking...I guess. Also, they relayed a lot of information for just being vice captains. Kira was right for suspecting Mayuri, though. Nemu was like "stfu." Does Matsumoto have a new haircut? HNNNNNGGGGG

Then, the fight between Nazi captain dude and Ichigo. If Kubo wasn't going to do as much with this, I would've preferred him to not go to it at all until he was going to do the battle full out. But it's good to know that they aren't just staring at eachother for 20 minutes or talking. Also, Ichigo knows that they're Quincies, but so what? Is he going to do something about it? The best thing about it was that through this little bit of scuffle we know that Ichigo is "Special War Potential"/a "Special Weapon"...in other words Buckbeard knows what the fuck is up. Unlike Aizen who underestimated the dude, Buckbeard is like "This dude is a problem....or a solution"

Next, we have Buckbeard on swag mode. GOING TO INVADE SOUL SOCIETY. No bullshit. He had that nice ol' troll smirk as soon as he found out Ichigo was fighting the Kirge dude. This means he trusts the Kirge dude to actually give Ichigo a good fight. And now, he is not stopping with his plan at all. That's what we like...no bullshit.

Then, we've got Mayuri and Yamamoto. Whoa dude. 28,000 people just got murked like that? That's the Mayuri we know, and without orders too. Like a boss. And the Captain Commander didn't even give a fuck??? Wow man, Soul Society is corrupt as can be. But more importantly we learn that the Captain Commander didn't kill "that man" 1,000 years ago. Not even necessarily Buckbeard, either. Could be one of Buckbeard's ancestors. But either way, great set up chapter.

One Piece: C+

Info dump. Ugh. I mean, we know what's going on...but damn. I find it hard to actually care when it doesn't involve the SH's. Still, things are moving at a solid pace. I do love the body switching, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom