• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Arachnid 15

I laughed at the thing about the insects slamming themselves into their cage walls to death. Aside from that, well damn. Can't believe she won that, plus he's gonna join the good guys now.

If they all gang up on her, Sasori's dead. I mean come on.

gunbo13

A 4 chapter spin off is not nearly enough :(
They picked a stupid setting though. Her tourney rampage could've been done with a flashback while they covered a better story arc. She should have been going on missions and such against the nova like Freezing covered earlier.

That reminds me. Those nova battle chapters were pretty damn good. Like way better then the school antics bullshit, incest abuse, and linker battles. The only issue is that you didn't know who pretty much everyone was like they were a set of randoms. But a Chiffon/nova spin-off? Now THAT would be some ace shit. Do a fucking time-skip putting her in dark mode and kill the MC, who is about as shitty as Shiro.

FYI:
Chiffon = Hakua
Satellizer = Elsie

Articalys

Kimi no Iru Machi 181

uYGow.png

Still, I was in severe physical pain just reading that chain of misunderstandings on the last few pages.

They picked a stupid setting though. Her tourney rampage could've been done with a flashback while they covered a better story arc. She should have been going on missions and such against the nova like Freezing covered earlier.
I agree, and btw there are other spin offs after the Chiffon one.
That reminds me. Those nova battle chapters were pretty damn good. Like way better then the school antics bullshit, incest abuse, and linker battles. The only issue is that you didn't know who pretty much everyone was like they were a set of randoms. But a Chiffon/nova spin-off? Now THAT would be some ace shit. Do a fucking time-skip putting her in dark mode and kill the MC, who is about as shitty as Shiro.
Of course. All this student drama shit and especially the dumbest crap that is the incest arc has almost turned me off. But the Chiffon fact that she´s not a human makes things exiting.
FYI:
Chiffon = Hakua
Satellizer = Elsie
Screw you, Elsie rocks.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Of course. All this student drama shit and especially the dumbest crap that is the incest arc has almost turned me off. But the Chiffon fact that she´s not a human makes things exiting.

Screw you Elsie rocks.

And so does Satella, she's just not at Chiffon's level, just like Elsie isn't quite at Haqua's level!

Zekes!

Kimi no Iru Machi 181

this is fucking dumb

Yamada and the Seven Witches 9

Yo, doujins for this have the potential for greatness, what with playing off the body-swapping gimmick

Retcon: Magi 99

Dunya can get it

Kreed

Claymore:

Rumour on 2chan is that Claymore ends at ch126 and a sequel with a different name starts next issue.

I don't see the point in doing this, but as long as the series doesn't end abruptly/gets a proper ending, it can be called what ever. But I guess this means we are in for a lot more storywise with Claymore/the series won't be ending anytime soon.

upandaway

Magi

Wait, so is it possible to revive from Black Djinn mode? Or did she get tricked into killing herself? Guessing the former since it seems like she retains her sanity

retcon

Trinity Seven

Wait!! Wait, don't go, chapter! I'm not done with- it's gone.

This series sure knows how to run away from me. 34 pages, seriously? Argh.

gunbo13

I saw those. But they a) don't star Chiffon b) probably will be more school bullshit. We'll see but I'd rather just read Legend of Maian. And if you aren't reading it, then you should be.
Screw you, Elsie rocks.
I'm not comparing quality.

Elsie, Satellizer = SUPPOSED female leads
Hakua, Chiffon = TRUE female leads

Still..Haqua > Elsie by a mile. You all wrong, especially Stat Flow.

Still better then the Breaker though which basically killed the main chick off. I still find that hilarious but Jinnie is x1000 better. She also ran around fighting in a maid outfit...so bonus points.
Yamada and the Seven Witches 9

Yo, doujins for this have the potential for greatness, what with playing off the body-swapping gimmick
TLDR did it vanilla.

PS: KNIM is shit. All posts should be KNIM More shit. I even backed Suzuka as being decent with all the flames around it. But fuck Seo and his piece of shit manga. The Negima romcom is better and that crap is vomit worthy.

Twilight
is colored and hardcover, its pretty good, need to get the second volume.

Wasnt the Highschool of the Dead one also colored for the west? Is it really still manga if its from the west?

Air Gear 94 - 111
tumblr_m3ev1wDBFk1qbxqfpo1_500.png

(best ikki cover, alot of the covers look nice, the agito akito one, the victory pose one)

Interesting arc, jumping over the 33, in league with Genesis, and even some Kazu action (if he can get more confidence, but kind of my favorite, character to easily relate too). Im curious if they will actually reach Trophaeum Tower at their level.

gunbo13

The majority of manwhua is read left to right. You can see this in some korean webcomics.
I read a good amount that are still right to left. Those two are the only ones I read that I believe are left to right. I'll have to check but I think it highly depends on the publication.

Dresden

I read a good amount that are still right to left. Those two are the only ones I read that I believe are left to right. I'll have to check but I think it highly depends on the publication.

Depends on where it's first published, in Japan or Korea.

gunbo13

Depends on where it's first published, in Japan or Korea.
Yea. You also have defects like Sun-Ken Rock which went manga.

There is also bleeding:

Manhwa
Zero: The Gate of Beginning (with Sung-Woo Park) (2001–2004)
Unbalance Unbalance (with Soo-Hyun Lee) (2005–2011)
Zero: Circle of Flow (with Sang-Young Roh) (2006–2007)
Aflame Inferno (with Kwang-Hyun Kim) (2006–on hiatus)
The Legend of Maian (with Soo-Cheol Jeong) (2007–present)
The Phantom King (with Jae-Ho Yoon) (2009–present)

Manga
Black God (with Sung-Woo Park) (2004–present)
Onihime VS (with Soo-Hyun Lee) (2007–present)
Freezing (with Kwang-Hyun Kim) (2007–present)
Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker (with Soo-Hyun Lee) (2009–2011)
Koimoku (with Hae-Won Lee) (2011–present)
Freezing: First Chronicle (with Jae-Ho Yoon) (2011–2012)
Sai:Taker –Two Artemis– (with Soo-Hyun Lee) (2012–present)
Freezing: Zero (with Soo-Cheol Jeong) (2012–present)

That's Dal-young from wiki. Kind of like genre, you have to go by publication. Almost makes the label fairly useless except to decide country of publication.

Averon

Rumour on 2chan is that Claymore ends at ch126 and a sequel with a different name starts next issue.

I hope that's the case because I just read 126, and if that's the ending, then I wasted time following this manga. A really, really abrupt and shitty ending.

Lain

I've had the displeasure of reading Testarotho. I say displeasure because the ending sucked balls, such an abrupt ending leaving everything hanging, giving no answer and no resolution.
I'm assuming, from the author's words at the end, it got cancelled and that's why it has the end it has. It wasn't the best gory story with religion as a background but it had me interested and I've started to like the art style of Kei Sanbe after reading The Island of Hoozuki, but here he disappointed me, with that rushed end while he was still adding stuff, and the few things he explained in the parting words isn't enough! What happens to Martina? What was the deal with her daughter? Will blind father get his justice?
Annoying. Throughly annoying.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
World Embryo

Hah, Riku is nuts. Dude told off the girl he was yandere about for the whole series and is now taking himself hostage. Love it.

Wait till you see the next chapter. Raws are out so it shouldn't be too long.

Medaka Box 144
This arc is still not doing much for me... come on Nisio I know you can write decently some times.

World Embryo 75
Amane escapes again... some what predictable but Takao showed up and spoiled the whole fight anyway.
This is why I hate monthly releases. Like the series though after deciding to read it on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom