• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

Koe De Oshigoto vol 1

Ok mangaf, let's do it, let's make an eroge game
Looks like smutgaf is slowly expanding into reading all the deplorable manga out there. Still lacking but almost there. KDO though, is actually pretty entertaining despite being completely fucked up. And while I don't play the games, I hope that what the manga shows is actually what goes on behind recording them.

Zekes!

Looks like smutgaf is slowly expanding into reading all the deplorable manga out there. Still lacking but almost there. KDO though, is actually pretty entertaining despite being completely fucked up. And while I don't play the games, I hope that what the manga shows is actually what goes on behind recording them.

Bakuman except for eroge

retcon: how 'bout an eroge featuring the posters of ManGAF

Fairy Tail 281

D'awww at the Erza and Jellal moment and Erza with Cat Girl.

Not surprising at what happened at Sabertooth, but I guess this is where
Lucy will get those last keys.

A nice build up chapter for what might happen further in the tournament.

Fairy Tail

Nice build up chapter. The guild boss had to strip her for fanservice lol.

Jojo Part 6

So finally it has become a prison break. Jolyne is a vengeful woman.

Dresden

At this point I wish he'd just turn down Onodera and go fuck Chitoge already.

And yes, I am aware that at this point I've shifted from Team Onodera to Team ReverseTrap to Team Chitoge.

Fairy Tail 281

Ignoring that scene, pretty excellent transition chapter. Had gray, natsu, jellal in it, and we even got more Sting. Some reason Im hoping that Sting ends up losing again, gets kicked out Sabertooth and joins Fairy Tail, more dragonslayers the better, and they can all team up, he already fits in personality wise with Natsu and Gajeel.

For Gemma, too bad this arc wont allows us to see what skill he can pull out, whatever his special versus Fairy Law would be epic.

Fairy Tail

Never waste an opportunity to draw naked women, that's the Mashima way

like an arrow to my knee everytime mashima does it, gosh darn.

survivor

Banned
Nisekoi

FN8GP.png

MY HEART

At least you finally found the light. Unlike some people...
There is no light, there is Team Onodera and Team Wrong

gunbo13

Nisekoi

You are wrong. There are three parts to your statement. The statement about the non-existence of light will be taken as satire but still should be reversed for clarity. That leaves two more components. You first acknowledge the existence of Team Onodera, which is a fact. Your second statement labels a group of people called "Team Wrong." Since you are wrong, that means only that label can be incorrect and the existence of such a team appears suspect compared to the known entity; "Team Onodera."

Therefore, the correct statement is "There is light. There is Team Onodera and Team Right." Unfortunately, it would take time for me to explain my formula for "Team Right = Team Chitoge." But sometimes you just have to rely on people's common sense.

I need sleep.

Solune

Nisekoi

FN8GP.png

MY HEART

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, my nakama.

-----Official Claymore News-----
Claymore Manga Series Ends in Jump Square Magazine

In the June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine this week, the last panel of Norihiro Yagi's Claymore manga announced that the series has come to an end. The magazine issue does not reveal what Yagi is planning to do next.

In the issue's back page, where authors are given a line of text to send messages to readers, Yagi simply wrote, "My editor dropped off some of those super-spicy Peyoung noodles that everyone is talking about these days. I tried them, and they did a number on me." The June issue's preview page for the next issue does not list Claymore.

Volume 22 of the manga is slated to be released on June 4 in Japan. In North America, Viz will publish the 20th manga volume in July, and Funimation released the Claymore anime adaptation produced by MADHOUSE.

I really really hope the sequel is announced or if Yagi works on something else, he continues something on the side, because there's way too many questions that still need to be answered.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

At some point, literally every single panel became fanservice. I don't know when this occurred, but just read it. There's literally no panels with Erza or Lucy in them that aren't fanservice.

sixclaws

Banned
Sengoku Youko ch38
I'm liking how this second part of the series is mirroring the first part. Also sounds like we're going to see someone from before the time skip soon.

Tobe

Fairy Tail

mashima is the god of fan service. great chapter tho, the head of sabertooth looks badass.
also BOOBS!!!!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fairy Tail: F

GODDAMN this shit is generic. All the characters look exactly the same save for some armor switches and hairdo changes.

F.

Azure J

Trinity Seven

I almost forgot exactly what was going on right there. Strange. Levi saving the day like always. Best haremite right there.

Fairy Tail

...did that seriously just happen?

The attempt at DWAMA at the end.. No, just no please.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven

Less fights please. Their magic attacks are so confusing and the battles themselves aren't exciting. Just focus more on character interactions instead.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nurarihyon no Mago 200.

Typically when an attack gets a "next week! Will the attack finish the guy or not?" treatment the guy being attacked either escape or the attack is shrugged off. Thankfully right now this is not the case.

nurarihyon_no_mago_3270319.jpg

Oh, and sexy schoolgirl/mom/yokai/9-tails/fox returns... somewhat surprising.

Articalys

As much as I'm enjoying these recent episodic Hayate no Gotoku chapters, I hope they'll start a longer arc soon. For now I'll just continue to have faith that Hata's got something good planned in the end.

upandaway

Nisekoi

The finger sex will be dangerous next week. I don't know if I could take it.

Also Onodera is dangerous for my blood pressure.

Fairy Tail

I'm sorry but I have no clue who the cat girl is. I'm completely lost here.

I.. seriously, I'm drawing NOTHING. I guess she was in Erza's backstory? Who's Simon? Huh?

Fairy Tail

I'm sorry but I have no clue who the cat girl is. I'm completely lost here.

I.. seriously, I'm drawing NOTHING. I guess she was in Erza's backstory? Who's Simon? Huh?

The cat girl was in the tower arc and one of Erza's old friends. Same with Simon, who happens to be the ONLY character in the series that has died in the present.

Trinity Seven

Levy is even more awesome than I thought... good work! She took the least clothing damage by far, and held off the villain too...but yeah, naturally only the guy'll be able to stop her. Of course. He has to train first though, he's worthless against her at the moment... of course Levy and that other girl did a good job in fighting her off alone, they can't beat her.

Yamada and the Seven Witches

Similar resolution to the last story, I guess, but we have another character... also though, yeah, um, the person questioning Yamada's ability to beat up those guys as anyone is right -- sure, he has heart in any form, but without the muscles he has in his normal body, why should he be as good as he seems to be, as either of those girls? I'd think adapting to the different body might take a while, too, but I guess the magic deals with that or something.

That is, it was kind of amusing that one of the characters lampshaded something that's kind of silly about the series. It's somewaht defensible, sure (he's good!), but, he shouldn't be equal in ability to his normal body I'd think.

Gekka Bijin 1-10 (all so far)

This series starts off strong, with a somewhat original setting and concept -- it's a retelling of the Princess Kaguya of the Moon story, the classic Japanese folktale. In this version, the moon people are a large, modern/future/ancient Japan-mix civilization, living on domes on the dark side of the moon. Meanwhile, the Earth (or, ancient Japan; it's the only part of Earth actually visited here) is a mixture of normal people, and prisoners and their descendants -- the moon people send ships down to the earth with their criminals on them, which they house on one of the Japanese islands that they've turned into a giant prison camp.

Anyway, the story's about Kaguya, who's forced into exile after a coup overthrows her mother, the Queen of the Moon. She's a good heroine, strong and capable at fighting, but of course as usual for anime main characters, not exactly bright. She's also very spoiled and used to do lots of pranks that annoyed the officials. At least she's a good enough fighter though. There are some other major characters too, and the cast seems to be growing as well; most of the other characters are various guys helping her quest, or also want to stop the people who've taken over on the moon.

For the first 6 or so chapters, I was thinking that this series was quite good... it was interesting, moving along well, and more. It's kind of bogged down a bit since then, though. Ch. 7 was okay, but different (it entirely focuses about this hacker guy who's been exiled to the earth). 8 and 9... eh, weakest chapters so far. It's going in a pretty shonen-battle direction, hopefully it doesn't get as generic as those chapters suggest it could. Fortunately ch. 10 was a bit better, but ends in the middle of a battle... new enemies have appeared. So yeah, overall, this series is okay, but it remains to be seen if it'll be as good (and interesting) as the concept seemed, or if it'll get more generic as it's threatened to.

Also, I'm not sure if any native Earth humans have actually been seen in the series so far... I think it's all been moon people and exiles/their descendants. They might be going to the main island soon, though... maybe someone's there, at least?

upandaway

As much as I'm enjoying these recent episodic Hayate no Gotoku chapters, I hope they'll start a longer arc soon. For now I'll just continue to have faith that Hata's got something good planned in the end.
I'm not ready for a huge arc yet, but I'd appreciate a Hinagiku story right about now.

Maria chapters are good too though.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 66

It's really bumming me out how MGX is barely interesting anymore, when I stumbled upon it randomly years ago it quickly became one of my favorite comics. Now the art is way shittier and the plot is struggling to retain the charm it used to dole out in spades.

page_185.jpg

How did Riichi's art go from being so charming and distinct (not to mention the great composition on display)

grrr.jpg

To being so dull and lifeless? This is chapter 4 vs chapter 66.

Zekes!

Mysterious Girlfriend X 66

It's really bumming me out how MGX is barely interesting anymore, when I stumbled upon it randomly years ago it quickly became one of my favorite comics. Now the art is way shittier and the plot is struggling to retain the charm it used to dole out in spades.

Yeah I feel like MGX just treads the same water over and over again. Tsubaki's and Urabe's relationship has essentially been static this whole series, which would be fine if it wasn't the main focus. It's a problem when you can read the first chapter and then jump to the later chapters and find Tusbaki and Urabe still acting like a new, awkward couple.

Yeah I feel like MGX just treads the same water over and over again. Tsubaki's and Urabe's relationship has essentially been static this whole series, which would be fine if it wasn't the main focus. It's a problem when you can read the first chapter and then jump to the later chapters and find Tusbaki and Urabe still acting like a new, awkward couple.

Halfway through the "Imai Momoka Idol Switch" (early 40's) arc was pretty much the beginning of the end. For a good while there was actual progress being made, some interesting sub plots being balanced, the artwork was charming and unique. Tsubaki and Urabe were at a point where it seemed like the pieces were falling together to have their relationship start moving forward in some interesting ways.

Then "Imai Momoka Idol Switch" dragged on for way too long (made worse by the infrequent release schedule) and afterward MGX just entered into one decent~boring, but always inconsequential, sub plot after another. (Summer Uniform, Swim Meat, Weird cat ears bacon thing).

Really it hasn't been that many chapters since it was good, it just feels so long since the release dates are often missed (and it's monthly to begin with). But the mediocre chapters are starting to stack up. I really hope it gets back on track soon and it can be salvaged (probably wont happen).

Also the art has obviously taken a big hit recently, a real shame :/ . How do you go from this to this!

Halfway through the "Imai Momoka Idol Switch" (early 40's) arc was pretty much the beginning of the end. For a good while there was actual progress being made, some interesting sub plots being balanced, the artwork was charming and unique. Tsubaki and Urabe were at a point where it seemed like the pieces were falling together to have their relationship start moving forward in some interesting ways.

Then "Imai Momoka Idol Switch" dragged on for way too long (made worse by the infrequent release schedule) and afterward MGX just entered into one decent~boring, but always inconsequential, sub plot after another. (Summer Uniform, Swim Meat, Weird cat ears bacon thing).

Really it hasn't been that many chapters since it was good, it just feels so long since the release dates are often missed (and it's monthly to begin with). But the mediocre chapters are starting to stack up. I really hope it gets back on track soon and it can be salvaged (probably wont happen).

Also the art has obviously taken a big hit recently, a real shame :/ . How do you go from this to this!

I personally think the idol switch arc was where the series started to jump the shark imo and exposed that their relationship still hasn't progressed much
there is a Urabe clone now and the MC couldn't even tell the difference for a while

Fairy Tail

I like Fairy Tail better when nobody's fighting and Natsu is barely shown at all, would almost trick me into thinking it has actual plot.

Honestly though, I sorta liked this chapter, FT does what FT does, and it always has it's problems and whatnot. But at the same time I can't help but feel like a chapter where Natsu isn't pulling his shonen face is a spark of originality.

Also with regards to the stripping: Is it weird that I could barely recognise it as fanservice? As a professional pervert I couldn't help but feel that the cold shivering and hostile atmosphere made it quite tame compared to uhm ... what FT tends to do.

Then again, FT tends to do fanservice, so I guess that's what it was meant to be.

gunbo13

I personally think the idol switch arc was where the series started to jump the shark imo and exposed that their relationship still hasn't progressed much
there is a Urabe clone now and the MC couldn't even tell the difference for a while
Yep, it was the turning point for me as well. Just read chapter 36 again for proof. It's like you are reading a different manga.

KxIqX.jpg

Fairy Tail

I knew that Erza will fight Kagura. Yukino will give her keys to Lucy. Gamma will be beaten by friendship. Fan service fan service fan service.

I really like that Milliana has not forgiven Jellal like Erza did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom