• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

You guys complaining about the MGX running out of steam should read should Yume Tsukai and experience Riichi at his peak creativity!

fF1V8.jpg

Warning: if you thought mgx was weird then lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yume Tsukai:
This is the weirdest weirdest boner of weirdest boners.

gunbo13

You guys complaining about the MGX running out of steam should read
should Yume Tsukai and experience Riichi at his peak creativity!

Weird manga is best manga. And I am so there once I kill my backlog.

Air Gear 111 - 126
tumblr_m3i4wtD2bM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kazu chapters tend to be the best chapters. Gosh from being distressed to being a hero and that Flame Road and I guess Spirfire's successor. Now Ikki needs to come back and Agito too.

upandaway

Shaman King (end)

It.. well.. let's begin with..... I mean... sure.

Sure. Whatever.

Just whatever, man. It's okay. It's fine. I'm fine.

I am so fine.

dumbyugi

Yume Tsukai

Oh man, what the hell have I been reading. This is easily the weirdest manga I've ever read. How do you go from writing THIS to writing MGX.

upandaway

Is it that manga where they transport to another world to have lesbian sex which turns one of them into a robot that eats the other one? And that makes them pregnant?
Right? I remember that one. Flawfuls mentioned it before.

faridmon

I still can't bellive Air Gear is still on-going. When the hell did they go all Sci-fi?
Anyway, that tease from Capter 815 in Detective was really decieving. Now we have Conan & Co adventures, instead of giving us who/what are Sera and Subaro is up to.

Is it that manga where they transport to another world to have lesbian sex which turns one of them into a robot that eats the other one? And that makes them pregnant?

WTF? which one is that?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

"Take you clothes off"

"Why?"

"We need to fill the fanservice quota damnit!"

It isn't even just that. Just look at any scene with Erza in it and how she stands there making sexy swimsuit poses and ass shots in every single panel even if she's not naked in the panel, which she is like 50% of the time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Shaman King (end)

Sure. Whatever.

I am so fine.

yeah, not much in the ending department. but its about the journey, right? and you got to see chocoloves tragic past....

Zekes!

Mangaka-san to Assistant 94

Aito is like the Trix Rabbit and his assistants/editor the asshole kids who won't give him any pussy

I personally think the idol switch arc was where the series started to jump the shark imo and exposed that their relationship still hasn't progressed much
there is a Urabe clone now and the MC couldn't even tell the difference for a while

Yeah, it's definitely where things began to get stale.
He did notice at least that "urabe" was acting weird. The "payoff" for that arc was also very disappointing.
. I guess Riichi just doesn't have a next level written for Tsubaki and Urabe.

It might be hard since the basis of Urabe's character is her being weird and mysterious (her absent parents, the nature of the drool connection, her odd way of showing emotion). I suppose Riichi was unprepared to make good on any of that.

You guys complaining about the MGX running out of steam should read should Yume Tsukai and experience Riichi at his peak creativity!

Started reading after I got into MGX, way back when. Never finished it though, from what I read it was really good. Art wasn't as polished as MGX at the time, but MGX's art isn't even as polished as MGX at the time.

Have you read any of the Discommunication stuff he started in '99? I've skimmed through a couple pages, it looks pretty interesting.

Just read chapter 36 again for proof. It's like you are reading a different manga.

I just made the mistake of actually going back to read chapter 36. Now I'm going to make the mistake of reading back from chapter 1 again, severe depression is likely the only outcome.

upandaway

Cage of Eden

And there he goes. To be honest I think he's way too fucked up at this point to make it out alive. I guess Cage of Eden can have that kind of end, but he might be the final sacrifice to let them break out, if the author has it in him to do that.

Dunno what's up with the shadow thing though. He's obviously repented by now. Oh well.

WTF? which one is that?
Look up!

yeah, not much in the ending department. but its about the journey, right? and you got to see chocoloves tragic past....
Please don't talk to me about Chocolove anymore for a while. Maybe if we keep it down I'll forget he transformed into 50 cent

Jex

Homuclus Volumes 13 - End

What am I seeing here.

Also, amazing.

This series deserves a really nice write up and in-depth discussion, but sadly I lack the time or skill to construct one.

Homuclus Volumes 13 - End

What am I seeing here.

Also, amazing.

This series deserves a really nice write up and in-depth discussion, but sadly I lack the time or skill to construct one.

Oh, this ended? Gotta finish that. Can't remember for the life of me where I left off though. This was back in like 2007.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nurarihyon no Mago 200.

Typically when an attack gets a "next week! Will the attack finish the guy or not?" treatment the guy being attacked either escape or the attack is shrugged off. Thankfully right now this is not the case.

nurarihyon_no_mago_3270319.jpg

Oh, and sexy schoolgirl/mom/yokai/9-tails/fox returns... somewhat surprising.

The art in Nura is sometimes pretty stunning.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 66

It's really bumming me out how MGX is barely interesting anymore, when I stumbled upon it randomly years ago it quickly became one of my favorite comics. Now the art is way shittier and the plot is struggling to retain the charm it used to dole out in spades.

How did Riichi's art go from being so charming and distinct (not to mention the great composition on display)

To being so dull and lifeless? This is chapter 4 vs chapter 66.

Yikes, that's an incredibly severe drop-off in quality. What a shame. At least I can rest assured that the anime shouldn't make it that far.

flawfuls

I did? Damn I'm starting to run out of weird shit to trick people into reading.

Shaman King (end)

Sure. Whatever.

I am so fine.

Jesus, this is why I stopped man. I don't want this reaction...oh hell I'll do it. I got mad at just alot of developments near the end.

Yikes, that's an incredibly severe drop-off in quality. What a shame. At least I can rest assured that the anime shouldn't make it that far.

At first I was gonna stay away from the animation because I was afraid it would end up generifying the style of the comic. But Riichi seems to be doing that by himself anyway, so I checked it out and they at least made a decent effort.

It'll be interesting to see where they take the relationship.

Yume Tsukai vol 1

Wasn't as crazy as you guys were making it out to be. There's still a somewhat coherent plot. It's just the designs get awesome and surreal whenever people go all fucked up mechanical Akira. Not enough to make me think the guy is insane like I do with Umezu thanks to Fourteen. Still interesting though.

I looked up the anime and it seems like I actually watched a few episodes a long time ago. It definitely wasn't anything like this though.

upandaway

Magico

I figured Anise would have some other form but yeah I didn't expect.. that. It's great. Shame she has no cat ears though.

This isn't ending soon, is it? This kind of feels like an endgame arc to me.
Unless there's outside intervention it shouldn't be the last arc because of those 2 dudes from the hot spring arc. And I didn't notice anywhere saying they're close to finishing Magico.

There's also Anise crying which could potentially go into a rescue arc.

Dresden

garden - 7.1

This was . . . hard to read. Unless the second half twists things around it just seems there for the shock value only, more crass than anything else. (Although I do feel like a hypocrite for writing this after enjoying some of Furuya's other works.)

Raqiya -

Say what you want about Boichi, but the man can draw.

gde8P.jpg

Mysterious Girlfriend X Ch.6

Having a blast re-reading this series, I know it will eventually go up in flames. But for now I'm really starting to remember why I loved this series Ueshiba Riichi made. Im totally gonna read Yume Tsukai after I finish this up.

Ran into this choice sequence from chapter 6, lost it.

yess.jpg

Tsubaki keeps his ho's in check!
ho

upandaway

Magi

Yooooooo @ the sword guy.

At least Alibaba had the decency to let him keep one leg.

Haikyu!!

The entire chapter: "???? Huh? What? Who's a french omelette? What the hell are they talking about? Where-"
Last page: "Ooooooooooooh okay"

flawfuls

Skyhigh 4

Well that was pretty typical Skyhigh. Why does the mangaka break this up into so many different series? Only the second one was any different and it's just getting confusing at this point, but at least it's not as confusing as...

Wandering Emanon '67

So this I think this series goes Memories of Emanon to Wandering Emanon '67 to Wandering Emanon season 1, but I'm not sure. Oh well I don't think the order you read them in is important. The main appeal here is images of Emanon smoking (which is what is happening in at least 50% of the panels and 100% of the pages).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom