• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Color of Rage

So this is a samurai manga by the Lone Wolf and Cub guy about two runaway slaves. I guess the hook here is that one of the characters is black.

cx1JF.png

And of course there are black muscles. Goddammit Japan.

Maron

Fairy Tail

"Take you clothes off"

"Why?"

"We need to fill the fanservice quota damnit!"

But Steroyd! Y-you're missing the symbolism completely! By stripping her down and using a word balloon to cover her ass crack Mashima is making her vulnerable!

Also is your avatar that girl from Medaka Box?

ryan13ts

Wait, Claymore is over? Are you fucking serious? He just decided to end the series without revealing what happened to Clare or giving her a proper reunion with Raki... or even getting to see Priscilla get killed? I just feel like I wasted years of my life reading that manga now...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Wait, Claymore is over? Are you fucking serious? He just decided to end the series without revealing what happened to Clare or giving her a proper reunion with Raki... or even getting to see Priscilla get killed? I just feel like I wasted years of my life reading that manga now...

clares been dead forever.
bad guys win, GG.

Cwarrior

Color of Rage

So this is a samurai manga by the Lone Wolf and Cub guy about two runaway slaves. I guess the hook here is that one of the characters is black.

http://i.imgur.com/cx1JF.png[/IMG

And of course there are black muscles. Goddammit Japan.[/QUOTE]

how can you not tell what page and chapter is that, i wanna why they want see his muscles and if he shows them off.

going to read later, flicked through funny at how the couple reaction to seeing a black person is shock followed by "WAHT IS THAT??"

edit:

[B]Color of Rage[/B] ch1

how did those guys know that woman was a virgin, dude must have some virgin radar(i don't why i found this odd)

dude bite through some other dudes leg.

Steroyd

But Steroyd! Y-you're missing the symbolism completely! By stripping her down and using a word balloon to cover her ass crack Mashima is making her vulnerable!

Also is your avatar that girl from Medaka Box?

My god your right man, I now see the chapter in a new light!

And yes it is Shiranui.

Cwarrior

Color of Rage ch3

"get naked and show me those black muscles in action" hohohoho

one piece

I wonder how long is going to take oda to get on this black muscle thing, how long until someone shows up with the black muscle devil fruit.

I bought Color of Rage like a month ago since the premise interested me. I thought it was gonna be like partially a love story between a black dude in Edo era Japan and some yakuza woman. Instead, it was just an episodic walk around Japan :/

Cwarrior

I bought Color of Rage like a month ago since the premise interested me. I thought it was gonna be like partially a love story between a black dude in Edo era Japan and some yakuza woman. Instead, it was just an episodic walk around Japan :/

yeah seriously what a misleading tease, how many woman can this black guy save then leave behind, his saving a woman every chapter, you would think he would at least have the courtesy
to spread his seed in his quest of the blackification of japan.

yeah seriously what a misleading tease, how many woman can this black guy save then leave behind, his saving a woman every chapter, you would think he would at least have th courtesy to spread his seed in his quest of the blackification of japan.

this isn't that far off but it was stopped

Finished Color of Rage and damn "Black Muscles" was pretty prevalent in it.

Seems it was cancelled though given how abrupt it ended and King could be placed in a shounen magazine and feel right at home lol (luckily George was there it give a bit of a reality check most of the times, though he would relent at times).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GE

Hey, what do you know, a non annoying chapter and of course it features people other than Utsumi.

So i guess the only plot arcs left are breaking up Utsumi and Shou so she can go to trade school in America (watch) and Yuki solving her sex problem. And Casanova guy banging the fat girl.

Air Gear 126 - 140
tumblr_m3kxhjaYPK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Three seconds in midair to repair and install the wing regalia core, prototype, was literally the fourth or so moment where the manga had me shocked. So glad Ikki will destroy Ringo, who seems to be losing out on a love interest and now her own AT skills and Sonia Road. She has a cool tuner though, but I bet he will stay minor.

They never said who Akito's tuner is nor Spitfire's. Though they swiftly said Nue's? Unless I missed it?

Underdog

Damn, Naoto has lost it. Pretty cruel stuff even if the woman is some crazy pedophile doctor.

I hope this doesn't end while we're still in the first battle. Seriously sucks this is only 3 volumes. It must have been cancelled.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Good Ending.

D'aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

At the very least every once in a while this manga is capable of pulling something like this instead of continuously inducing rage like KNIM.

Sai

How long has Orichalcum Reycal been on hiatus?

Noticed in a quick google search that it was mentioned as far back as 2010. What's the word on the author?

Date A Live 01

Holy shit, where'd this come from? I heard the talk about it getting an anime, but I must've missed the bit about it getting a manga as well.

Now I'm torn. Think I'm gonna try and hold off from reading it until I've seen the anime, assuming it airs soon. My resolve'll probably last until Kurumi shows up.

Lain

Detonation Island vol 9
e39e4f52f3948004e852a12dc0d34fb70a8f6378.png

So the gathering to commemorate
Maniyon and his girlfriend Niimi's death
went smoothly, more or less, except for a fight with another motorbike gang, in which Takashi had to be a dick-head like usual, doing something excessive just to, I don't know, be one bad dude or whatever and I was sure that was going to bite him in the ass, which was confirmed at the end of the volume, so now I'm really curious to see how he gets out of this one, if he actually manages to anyways.

More interesting was the talk between Takashi and his father, when he took him out to drink to tell him he and his mother were going to divorce, because while what the father said in a way supported Takashi's freedom to follow his own path, it also highlighted a certain resignation, or at least I saw some resignation in those words.
Another interesting event was the introduction of the punk/rock singer and her friend. The singer was a bit of a bitch, but what she said about motorbike gangs, which pissed off Takashi, wasn't exactly wrong. Her friend seems to be a bit crazy and also seems to have some interest in the gangs, so I'm guessing they'll both show up in the next volume. I wonder if one of them will become Takashi's new girlfriend, just so he can act like an asshole once again when he dumps her for some stupid reason.

Kreed

One Piece:

Kave_Man is referring to a translation of the Davy Back fight where Usopp talks about "the strength of blacks" in reference to Luffy wearing an Afro and becoming stronger. Whereas better translations show that Usopp was just talking about the afro hairstyle/wig and there was no mention of "blacks".

That being said, considering the hair style/origins and what was being talked about in the scene, it is still implying the "black muscles" stereotype but without being as obvious.

Fairy Tail
Got to keep up the fan service other than that not a bad chapter .

So i just read the last few chapters for Claymore lol .
This makes the anime end look great , what a waste .

MCD

Antimagia

tBHrb.jpg

3 chapters in. Not a bad start.

Love the setting and use of magic so I will keep my eyes on this one.

Tizoc

Some interesting titles in this recent page, will check out those mangas. Thanks MANGAf.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 4, Vol. 39
NmEko.png

Let it never be said he is not a considerate well-meaning civilian~

Maron

GE

Hey, what do you know, a non annoying chapter and of course it features people other than Utsumi.

So i guess the only plot arcs left are breaking up Utsumi and Shou so she can go to trade school in America (watch) and Yuki solving her sex problem. And Casanova guy banging the fat girl.

I wonder how their breaking-up will go down? With Utsumi smanging Shou she's hooked on him and in the last chapter before this current one he was starting to actually get jealous of other guys potentially stealing her from him.

Wonder if Yuki will have to transform into a total slut so that having sex doesn't affect her anymore. :p

Reading Fist of the Blue Sky has been a pain in the ass for the last few months. 12-16p chapters and everybody is "OH THE PROPHECIES THEY BOUT TO FIGHT" every damn chapter. Get the fuck on with it, translators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom