• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minamoto 40

List of things that could go wrong:

-Phone call from her father.
-MC says "Who's your daddy?"
-One of them knocks the handbrake causing the car to roll forwards through the obviously rusty gate and into the water.
-etc.

My top 3.
Waifu lists are so silly. Here's mine:

Anna from Anne Freaks
oEeWP.png

Fran from Franken Fran

Aikawa from Prunus Girl (no shut up I don't care)

Kurumi hasn't shown up in Date A Live yet so she doesn't count.

Also your post made me read Ludwig Revolution. And it was exactly the kind of thing that's relevant to my interests (macabre, quasi-episodic structure, lots of karmic retribution). Second best shoujo I've read, so thanks.

gunbo13

Also your post made me read Ludwig Revolution. And it was exactly the kind of thing that's relevant to my interests (macabre, quasi-episodic structure, lots of karmic retribution). Second best shoujo I've read, so thanks.
The female cast is amazing. They are evil, troubled, twisted, powerful, and/or voluptuous. It doesn't get better then that. And none of them are as fucked up as Ludwig either. Talk about a collector.
Waifu lists, huh?

I don't think I have a waifu.
It's basically posting your favorite female characters. My three hit the personalities I like best.

Though Dorothea isn't lacking any "assets".
largeanimepaperscans_xlj1v.jpg

recton:
Daaaaammmmmn @ this pic. Women really do draw the best women.
What about a husbando then.
6826364koe.jpg

So dreamy.

survivor

Banned
River's Edge vol 1 End

so2l1.jpg

Haruna Wakakusa and Yamada become friends after she saves him several times from her boyfriend's constant bullying. Through him she gets to know Kozue Yoshikawa, a fellow student who also models professionally. The three emotionally stunted teens' lives briefly yet intensely intertwine for one semester before splintering from the aftereffects of one disastrous night. For both Wakakusa and Yamada, their emotional awakening fosters an unlikely friendship between the two battered souls.

Oh man, I really thought this was some light read with maybe some dark themes covered. Instead it went all grim, sad and depressing on me, especially near the end. One thing that surprised me is that
Rumi didn't die at the end. I guess even the author didn't have the guts to kill a pregnant woman.

I'm still bothered by the art. It's just bunch of sketches and scribbles, I wish a more competent artists drew this manga. I had such a hard time differentiating between most of the characters and it was even more confusing when characters had the same hair colour/style.

Really a good read if you like your slice of life manga to be realistic, dark, and angsty.

craker

I could swear it was a different timeline, when Pucci's stand had been defeated. Although stands and dio still exist.

And there's a thing that's bothering me in SBR
Norisuke and Josuke have the same surname, and there's a Norisuke in JoJolion too. But SBR is at least 200 years before JoJolion.

The time difference is actually less.
Just 120 years between part 7 and 8. You can see the connection between the two parts in chapter 11 of Jojolion. There's a family tree showing it.

survivor

Banned
Shoujoheads, what's your opinion on the following manga

A Devil and Her Love Song
Black Bird
Dengeki Daisy
Kamisama Kiss
Oresama Teacher

gunbo13

Also:
yuta_koizumi_25833gilsb.jpg

69790ckxvg.jpg

33353wcaqk.png

57429a3znh.jpg

1st rule of harem loser. Reject all advances from attractive females at all costs. Just look how stupid they all look.

Dengeki Daisy
Oresama Teacher
I can only comment on those two. DD is great but very shounen. They piddle paddle around the romance quite a bit and it is more of a drama. Oresama Teacher is absolutely hilarious only brought down for the sketchy translation. It is also very shounen since it is a delinquent story. The humor and characters is enough to make it likely the best running shoujo. Though I am very partial to Snow White with the Red Hair, which is also very shounen (which I also remember you disliking).

All three are great.

Lain

A Devil and Her Love Song - Good art, protagonist is cool, has some cliché and a dramatic backstory but overall nice.
Black Bird - Drama, silly premise, embarrassingly stupid moments but I like reading it (let's call it a guilty pleasure?), and the art sometimes is really cute.
Dengeki Daisy - Funny all the way through despite some drama, wastes some time here and there but I have a soft spot for it.
Kamisama Kiss - Haven't read this.
Oresama Teacher - Haven't read this, but I keep planning to.

Denpa Kyoushi 31

That sort of play would annoy me IRL, but all I can say right now is Kagami you magnificent bastard.

Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 1-18

If the metro police weren't watching me before, they are now.

Yuri romance between a teacher (not pictured) and a schoolgirl, who live together for various reasons. Art was pretty bad and I can't really recommend it.

survivor

Banned
I remember following those for a while, but I guess somehow somewhere they dropped off. They were okay, pretty shoujo-ish. I liked 'em.

I can only comment on those two. DD is great but very shounen. They piddle paddle around the romance quite a bit and it is more of a drama. Oresama Teacher is absolutely hilarious only brought down for the sketchy translation. It is also very shounen since it is a delinquent story. The humor and characters is enough to make it likely the best running shoujo. Though I am very partial to Snow White with the Red Hair, which is also very shounen (which I also remember you disliking).

All three are great.
Ok, I guess Dengeki Daisy and Oresama Teacher will be higher on the to read list. For Oresama teacher, if it's kinda like Yankee to Megane then I will be fine with it. Also gunbo, I'm planning on giving Snow White another chance. After reading Seishun Kouryakuhon by the same author I started to like the art style much more.

Ok, Black Bird is out and will read Devil and Her Love Song. Kinda surprised neither you or gunbo have read Kamisama Kiss. I thought you guys were the shoujo masters.

Thanks guys. I will continue my shoujo/josei marathon journey now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Actually I forgot to post the best husbando:
92336-kakei_large.png

Those eyes, so dreamy~

Kurita

Haikyu!! 17
Great chapter. Karasuno's ace looks cool, he seems to know Hinata and Kageyama so I guess he'll come back at some point.
So the store manager was a former Karasuno's player too. Interesting. And he could be Karasuno's new coach...

Really liking this manga so far.

Bossun

Sket Dance 202

Nice, I think we are finally going to see some real Bossun action, like it used to be. The only one seeing a person's problem and succeeding at "curing" her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom