• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Mud - Yamashita Tomoko

That was pretty good; a cute one-shot about love and femdoms.

http://i.imgur.com/gBd41.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Just finished reading it. It was so cute and adorable.
[quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/rtwxv.png?1

Just read it and it was good stuff. I am really digging the internet's sudden discovery of Yamashita Tomoko.
Any other manga by her you recommend? I already read Don't Cry, Girl

Naruto
Finally we are back to Naruto , next week should be good.
Been waiting to see this fight for good while , i just hope that during it he don't back to someone else.

Articalys

This week's Jump TOC:

ROAD TO NINJA NARUTO THE MOVIE (Cover, Lead CP, 33pg.)
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket
Nisekoi
Beelzebub (Center Colour)
Naruto
Haikyuu!!
Koisome Momiji (Center Colour)
Assassination Classroom
Sket Dance
Takamagahara
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Reborn!
Sensei no Bulge (Center Colour)
Gintama
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Kurogane
Pajama na Kanojo

And as noted before, the Future Cup one-shots will be serialized across the next 4 issues, each with a center color:
Jump Issue #35 Information
Lead CP/Cover: Naruto
Center Colour: PSI Kusuo Saiki, Kochikame, Goblin Night (Golden Future Cup Entree #1)
+ Special Yu-Gi-Oh Card!

Jump Issue #36/37 Information
Center Colour: Cupid of Love Yakeno Harachiri (Golden Future Cup Entree #2)

Jump Issue #38 Information
Center Colour: After School ☆ Idol (Golden Future Cup Entree #3)

Jump Issue #39 Information
Center Colour: INPWEAR CODE (Golden Future Cup Entree #4)

This week's Jump TOC:

ROAD TO NINJA NARUTO THE MOVIE (Cover, Lead CP, 33pg.)
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket
Nisekoi
Beelzebub (Center Colour)
Naruto
Haikyuu!!
Koisome Momiji (Center Colour)
Assassination Classroom
Sket Dance
Takamagahara
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Reborn!
Sensei no Bulge (Center Colour)

Gintama
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Kurogane
Pajama na Kanojo

And as noted before, the Future Cup one-shots will be serialized across the next 4 issues, each with a center color.

Well at least its a color page.

PK Gaming

Naruto

Naruto was awesome. Does this chapter make up for the shit we've had to endure? Hell no! But it was a damn good chapter regardless. (kishi should realize that any chapter with "Naruto" in it has a high probability of being good.) Anyone else dig the Naruto / 9tk body swap? It makes me wish they teamed up earlier on in the series, it's a cool concept. (It's likely that this will be the last arc though.) Oh and this basically confirmed that Killer Bee will never get his tailed beast taken away and die. (if he's going to die its going to be via sacrifice, but at this point I doubt it.)
pccool.gif

I hope to god, arceus, najimu ajimi... whatever that Tobi is not freaking Obito. That would be all kinds of stupid.

Bleach

Terrible, but the prospect of Byakuya dying fills me with joy.

Soul Eater

Excellent chapter, but I found the art to be incredible inconsistent in this chapter. It's a shame too since this was the chapter where everyone started reuniting at the moon. Finally, Maka & co are smack dab in that plots bulbous ass. Good.

Soul Eater

Excellent chapter, but I found the art to be incredible inconsistent in this chapter. It's a shame too since this was the chapter where everyone started reuniting at the moon. Finally, Maka & co are smack dab in that plots bulbous ass. Good.

It always seemed like the art changing significantly, comparing say the first arc to the new one, something about it.

Khezu

Naruto

The fuck is that fan made out of? He threw it up in the air between Naruto and the Gedo, it apparently has the powers of strong guy from marvel and absorbed all the kinetic energy from narutos attack, because I mean even if its strong enough to defend against that little ball attack, it still should have been blasted backwards from the force alone.
Naruto looks cool being possessed by kyuubi.

Stoof

Naruto

I would rather have Tobi be anyone else, even some nameless guy who dies without a past, than have him be Obito. God damn it Kishi. At least we're back to Naruto again. I noticed I was a lot more interested in this chapter than I was in Sasuke's entire last fight.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Fuckin' hell. Talking-no-jutsu, Tobi hinting at being Obito, blegh. At least the one on one is finally starting. Wait, wasn't Kakashi gonna try something? Lol.

Bleach

That Rukia-face. Nice to see Byakuya broken though. Enemies are still boring as shit.

Wan Pisu

tumblr_m27g2kFKxm1r8gb3x.gif

Bleach

Ahahahaha. I knew Kubo would not reveal the swordsman. Seeing Byakuya scared shitless is priceless. The panel where there is a lot of darkness around Byakuya is really well done. It shows that Byakuya is getting swallowed by the darkness. The Rukia panel is funny and disturbing. Apparently As Nodt can control Byakuya's fear after he hit him with his arrows. Which suggests that the reshi left overs from the arrows inside Byakuya are being controlled by As Nodt.

Naruto

So it's confirmed that Tobi is Obito from what Tobi said to Kakashi.

still got my fingers crossed for Sasuke from the Future

*High five*

Bleach

Boring but Rukia's bro shown in a position of getting his ass whopped is good to see. And i guess Bankai is all the Captains depend on then since he did jack shit otherwise, what about the other stuff they should know?

Naruto

It was alright and i see Tobi dropping some hints on who he might be (mocking Kakashi's way of living, ripping on Guy/Gai's forgetfulness). Though i think the "piece of a beast" thing is a shitty cop out at least that saves Bee from the fate of losing his beast by force and dieing.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 2 - vol 2

XVAbi.jpg

I'm really amazed by how even though I already watched the anime and know the outcome, I still enjoyed the hell out of this volume and read it in one sitting. dat Fukumoto power, truly a genius of suspense manga.

So Kaiji finally got his plan and gathered other members by the end of this volume. So all is left is the preparation then the game. I would like to say the third volume will be the end of the prison arc but it's probably gonna drag till the fourth volume. So that should give us 9-10 volumes for the Bog arc. Oh boy.

Bleach

Ugh. I feel fucking trolled. Jesus Christ. Back to Urahara dammit! Holy shit at Rukia's face being melted off.

Naruto
Does Kishi not realize that the timeline of Kyuubi somehow eating those brothers not make any sense continuity wise?

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Ugh. I feel fucking trolled. Jesus Christ. Back to Urahara dammit! Holy shit at Rukia's face being melted off.

Naruto
Does Kishi not realize that the timeline of Kyuubi somehow eating those brothers not make any sense continuity wise?

Oh wait. Nevermind.

You could handwave it as either Kurama escaped in between being sealed in Mito and Kushina, Mito/Kushina went full Nine Tails mode at some point or the Brothers are super old. What really doesn't make sense is the fact that they were Edo Tenseis. Wouldn't their chakra disappear at the point Kabuto ended the technique?

I think Obito being Tobi makes perfect sense. For one you have to keep in mind that the logic in Naruto functions primarily on things happening because certain characters are connected. This logic, unlike other series like Bleach and One Piece which have connections that make sense, Naruto has these extravagant explanations mixed with retcon and straight up terrible writing for how things in the world are connected. The hints of it being Obito were pretty setup and have always been even though it was very subtle.

1. His hairstyle is similar.
2. Has only one eye (pre-Rinnegan), which only a very few Naruto characters fall under that are either presumably deceased or gone.
3. Obito has a previous backstory, so essentially we've already gotten a part of Tobi's backstory shown in the series, which is already a recurring theme with major characters in the series such as Orochimaru, Narutu, Sasuke, Kakashi, Jiraiya, and even Madara. This allows Kishimoto some leeway without having to completely invent another character.
4. Tobi being someone completely uninvolved in the central character's storylines would be rather anti-climatic and boring. Kishimoto is all about doing stuff to get an emotional response from readers, which Tobi being Obito will end up doing in the long run. No one would care if Tobi was Sasuke's dad or Madara's brother, but him being Obito would cause readers to get interested as Obito is connected to a previous storyline that hasn't been touched upon in a while.
5. All potential candidates such as Madara's brother, Sasuke's dad are all legitimately dead. Obito has the possibility of being alive since we never truly see him die nor would he die of old age much like Madara himself or Madara's brother.
6. This doesn't mean much, but I remember seeing a flashback where Tobi looked rather young and shorter, which implies that he isn't some type of immortal being that has been living a long time, but rather he's just some teenager pretending to be Madara.
Not to mention that his only unique Sharingan power seems to be similar to Kakashi's Kamui (a sharingan power that no one else seems to have) and does the same sound effect. Also, the fact that Tobi is fairly close to an anagram of "Obito" and the fact that that no one else would recognize Obito other than Kakashi, and he magically showed up to this fight not doing anything in particular.

(There's literally no character other than Sasuke from the Future that Naruto himself would ever be able to recognize; I had considered Shisui too, but I don't think that's super likely given the number of Obito hints.)

It's probably going to be like, Obito was picked up by Orochimaru after his team left him but Orochimaru couldn't steal his body because Obito was too damaged due to the rock. So instead, he performed experiments on him by giving him super magic Senju DNA (which stupidly keeps popping up and curing everything in this series) to heal him and take his body or because he wanted out if he could achieve the rinnegan/sage of the six powers (and/or he heard what Madara did to get the rinnegan) if he gave an Uchiha the Senju DNA. Then it will turn out that it resulted in Obito gaining those regenerative Zetsu powers and also enabled Orochimaru to develop a prototype that would end up being Zetsu, but then it also resulted in Obito being driven insane. In a wacky coincidence, Orochimaru is inexpliciably and implausibly alive again to explain this process and it will somehow reveal why he's crazy for sharingan/Uchiha bodies.

Bonus points if Kishimoto retcons the Uchiha massacre again so that like, Orochimaru needed live Uchiha bodies to inhabit because the technique that created Obito only works on actual Uchiha members, but then Obito conspired to kill the entire Uchiha clan to prevent Orochimaru from getting access to one.

Not to mention that his only unique Sharingan power seems to be similar to Kakashi's Kamui (a sharingan power that no one else seems to have) and does the same sound effect. Also, the fact that Tobi is fairly close to an anagram of "Obito" and the fact that that no one else would recognize Obito other than Kakashi, and he magically showed up to this fight not doing anything in particular.

(There's literally no character other than Sasuke from the Future that Naruto himself would ever be able to recognize; I had considered Shisui too, but I don't think that's super likely given the number of Obito hints.)

It's probably going to be like, Obito was picked up by Orochimaru after his team left him but Orochimaru couldn't steal his body because Obito was too damaged due to the rock. So instead, he performed experiments on him by giving him super magic Senju DNA (which stupidly keeps popping up and curing everything in this series) to heal him and take his body or because he wanted out if he could achieve the rinnegan/sage of the six powers if he gave an Uchiha the Senju DNA. Then it will turn out that it resulted in Obito gaining those regenerative Zetsu powers and also enabled Orochimaru to develop a prototype that would end up being Zetsu, but then it also resulted in Obito being driven insane.

WAIT!!!!!

Grimace agreeing with a Big One post?

THE END IS NIGH :O

Bleach

Naruto

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Why do you want to go to Urahara so badly? I can tell you right now the reveal is going to be disappointing and most the chapter will be wasted on nothing. What's their to do in HM aside from wasting time? I wanted to see SS lose, to see whats going on. There is nothing in HM that could be interesting.

Naruto
the nine tails had been around forever, whose to say that at one point in time it roamed free, before the 1st locked it up.

obito is tobi, duh, who hasn't predicted that? the similar eye powers kinda seals the deals, kakashi's has obito's left eye which can warp objects and maybe tobi(or obito) still has his right eye somehow, which can warp himself.

isn't obito=tobi the oldest prediction ever? all the dude needs is a motive, which im sure kishi will give us a flashbakck to provide.

GlassBox

Banned
When did you start thinking Tobi only had one eye?
kPk3C.jpg
Tobi's other eye was probably an implant from the vast storage of them in his lab, only to be used for Izanagi as he did to escape Itachi's and Konan's attempts to kill him.

Though it is looking like Tobi is Obito, I'm sure there's more to it than just that. I'm also still going to guess that Tobi's unmasking will probably occur in the new movie first.

i think it's definitely obito's body, remember when tobi had all those bolts in the side of his body? they were on the side of obito's body which got crushed.

Which would be fine and dandy except for one fact:

The Brothers weren't even born until after the First locked it up and sealed it into his wife.
how do you know that? i dont remember that being said anywhere

also that road to ninja chapter was pretty fun, i like the reversed color spread.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Which would be fine and dandy except for one fact:

The Brothers weren't even born until after the First locked it up and sealed it into his wife.

Mito could have gone full Nine Tails or it escaped when she died and before they sealed it into Kushina.

Retcon: All clear.

Naruto

Of course tobi is obito, I always believed that and if it turns out to be wrong then I will be surprised, you know I always wanted Naruto as a story to be bigger and but not using this war to rush the ending, there's so much potential, I'll be disappointed when it ends, the whole villiain motive is pretty boring

Oh yeah, here's the Road to Ninja chapter Kishi made

Some highlights:

Color spread inverted (lol@Lee and Neji):
EDIT: Damn you mystic!

Kishi giving Hinata fanservice to the max:

Final Akatsuki spread:
]
Dude edit the images and the link. It's forbidden linking or have watermarks of illegal sites on Neogaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom