• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven 18:

I feel like I never know what the hell is going on in this manga. That whole fight scene was like some alien moon language. And I really wish this was weekly, because for some reason I can never remember whats going on after the month wait.

Me too. They just keep name dropping random people and magic attacks and I have no clue what the hell does any of it mean.

ryan13ts

Fairy Tail:

Great chapter, glad to see the strongest members of FT come together. I'm sooo ready to see them stomp Sabertooth. This has suprisingly been one of my favorite arcs of the series so far.

And does anyone have any guess to what element of Dragon Slayers Sting and Rouge will be? Since Sting's epitaph is the "White Dragon", I'm guessing it will be ice... it just seems to match up nicely since Natsu is fire, so you have the whole "Fire vs Ice" thing. As far Rouge goes, that one I'm still clueless on. It looks like he's going to be Gajeel's rival, so maybe it will be whatever the counterpart to metal is (Which I have no idea what that would be)?

Solune

Ignis!! - How did you earn that tag :lol

TWGOK
A shame the whole chapter was spent setting up the time travel. Interested in the new girl.

Thud

As far Rouge goes, that one I'm still clueless on. It looks like he's going to be Gajeel's rival, so maybe it will be whatever the counterpart to metal is (Which I have no idea what that would be)?

Wood or water, although that's not very exciting.

Change 123 ch 1-4

Boobs, Kamen Rider and sometimes hilarious.

cyGlE.png

gunbo13

Me too. They just keep name dropping random people and magic attacks and I have no clue what the hell does any of it mean.
Why are you reading Negima again?
Change 123 ch 1-4
A victim I hope.
?

?
Signifying a change of heart maybe?

I want to understand that post but.....................................................Ayumi.

Azure J

Slothbro is right though, Chihiro > Ayumi even if they're both top tier. Yui is also > Ayumi but we'll keep it simple right now. :p

Also nice shoutout Ignis. :)

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 114

Man, Sinbad is unstoppable. But... that's an interesting revelation. It seems that Sinbad's past is going to be a major plot point eventually. I wonder how the prince is doing, we haven't seen him in a while. Is he still missing an arm? Is someone going to build him automail? I wanna know!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Magi - Chapter 114

Man, Sinbad is unstoppable. But... that's an interesting revelation. It seems that Sinbad's past is going to be a major plot point eventually. I wonder how the prince is doing, we haven't seen him in a while. Is he still missing an arm? Is someone going to build him automail? I wanna know!
They're going to go on a journey for Solomon's Stone so Hakuryuu can get his arm back.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 114

Damn, Sinbad is ruthless. I wonder what he's planning for Aladdin's Wisdom of Solomon.

TWGOK;Gate 195

Awesome, the more Elsie the better~

Not Popular 23

Meh, this really needs to start mixing it up soon or I'll end up losing interest in it.

He's going to journey with his sister, who will also be voiced by Kugimiya!
i don't think anyone alive could possibly handle such dangerously high levels of kugimiya

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Magi 114

Damn, Sinbad is ruthless. I wonder what he's planning for Aladdin's Wisdom of Solomon.
"The same thing we plan every night, Pinkie. Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain.

TWGOK 195

Was there actually a normal message on the last page that got replaced?

Yeah but it was short and pointless, just a comment on Keima being in a child's body. Those outros aren't actually written by Wakaki, they're added by the editor for the serial and removed in the volumes. I decided to have fun with it this week.

Fistbump to everyone who caught the shoutout.

scy

Magi - Chapter 114

Considering the plants and all for Zagan, I wouldn't be surprised if his new arm is something "alive" like that.

He's going to journey with his sister, who will also be voiced by Kugimiya!

You say that as if that's a bad thing.

Defuser

Magi - Chapter 114

I see you too already envision Hakyuru's voice to be Romi Park which is quite fitting!

Kuroko no Basket 174

I seriously think Akashi Seijuro team is too OP(yeah I said it). He's a generation of miracles captain that has a team of 3 crownless kings and 1 unaccounted for player that's most likely his right hand man(speculation on my part)? That's the team to beat right there.

Given Seijuro size and funky eyes, he's probably a playmaker that can help the others score. I bet he plays like D. Wade.

survivor

Banned
Living Game vol 2

lGhSc.jpg

This volume starts with the problem that began in the previous one regarding the landlord not wanting Izumi to live with Fuwa. I don't really see the point of giving Mitsuo that old connection with the landlord (they both fell in love 10 years ago). Did we really need another couple with 10+ years age difference? We already got Mitsuo and his wife and that served the same purpose as this new revelation. Not to mention that the coincidence feels like it came straight out of a bad Turkish drama, didn't mesh well with the solid writing. Oh and that forced marriage plan was also stupid.

Anyway, after the issue is solved, Fuwa and Izumi finally get free time at the apartment, and then the manga heads into probably creepy territory for some people. Tokiko gives them a present which is just bunch of condoms. Doesn't sound that bad except for the fact that Fuwa is 25 and Izumi is 15. Really weird how everyone involved seemed fine with it. Well at least Fuwa keeps contemplating whether it's right or wrong and comes to the conclusion that he shouldn't do it cause it's illegal. Then it turns out that there no laws concerning that matter which was surprising. I do wonder if that was actually true or just something the author made up.

After that it's just bunch of sexual tensions between Fuwa and Izumi which goes nowhere and then we get to the old man subplot. His story was weak and I felt it was just an excuse to get Fuwa and Izumi to start fighting. At least, the Isseki date with the rich woman was very entertaining.

Just like the first volume, very solid writing and the manga flows naturally which makes reading it very fun. I also liked the first 10 coloured pages, I don't recall seeing that style in other manga, makes it very distinctive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

It's not the most powerful team in FT since Mira is not in it.

I can't wait to see what kind of DS are the ST DS.

I really hope that other DS have DF. At least let Gajeel have it.

Well if they just went with Gerard, Erza, Makarov, Gildarts and Laxus it wouldn't be very interesting. (yeah, I know Gerard isn't technically in FT, but Mystogan is, and even if he wasn't, Mirajane is standing around)

Also, lol at random untranslated word at the end.

blood and steel 6
that was pretty intense, kinda bullshit how the master loses though. they just introduce his slight blindess out of nowhere. Was the guy the master was fighting the assistant master of the other school?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

lulz at the MangaGAF shoutout - I wonder what your other readers think that is, particularly given that ManGAF probably doesn't turn up much in Google and your username on your site is not "Ignis"

upandaway

Magi

Sinbad is crazy. Does that curse mean he has a time limit? Or is it always stuck at halfway? Man, Sinbad is crazy.

I'm thinking that Alibaba's "strong resistance" to the curse has to do with him having a smaller "dark side" than other people. Out of all the characters so far he seems the most good, even more than Mor and Aladdin.

Magi - Chapter 114

I wonder how the prince is doing, we haven't seen him in a while. Is he still missing an arm? Is someone going to build him automail? I wanna know!
I don't think 1001 Nights had anything to do with limb regeneration so it's all free domain now. He could stay one-handed while only materializing a hand in battles (using Zagan).

Trinity Seven 18:

And I really wish this was weekly, because for some reason I can never remember whats going on after the month wait.
A few months ago I came to the conclusion that when I read a monthly chapter, by default I go to the one chapter before that and read all of it.

So far it's working better than before.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 2 - vol 3,4

The prison arc really is one of the greatest things to come out of Kaiji. Greatly paced, high tension and just all around fantastic mind games. Kaiji was awesome at playing the chief, aggravating him just so he will lose his composure during the game.

Then of course comes the actual with great strategy and mind games. I always loved the flawless logic Kaiji used to allow himself and his friends to use the special dice and beat the chief.

These two volumes flew by too fast so I hope when I get to the bog parts, the manga doesn't slow down too much.

--

Top 10 updated with new Naruto cover

A few months ago I came to the conclusion that when I read a monthly chapter, by default I go to the one chapter before that and read all of it.

I generally do that when monthly manga go on a long break like what happened with Blood Lad.

Kusagari

I usually have a pretty good memory and don't really need do that. There's just something about Trinity Seven that seems to make my brain turn into mush.

I'm probably going to read the past couple chapters, or maybe even the entire series, before 19 comes out.

fertygo

Kuroko no Basket 174

I seriously think Akashi Seijuro team is too OP(yeah I said it). He's a generation of miracles captain that has a team of 3 crownless kings and 1 unaccounted for player that's most likely his right hand man(speculation on my part)? That's the team to beat right there.

Given Seijuro size and funky eyes, he's probably a playmaker that can help the others score. I bet he plays like D. Wade.

I hope he playing like Wade/Rose too, if he just your typical classic PG its will pretty bleh.. I think I never see a scoring PG as major chara/rival in basketball manga before.

Kazzy

Nice. I also noticed that Oda's workroom is clustered. These seem to reflect on something. Hang on, I think I found out where Kubo works his magic:

If that was Kubo's room, wouldn't it just be filled with too many people? All of which would serve no actual purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom