• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Rail Wars so gooooooood

It started with a Hekk call out but there was some further vitriol that was more generalised than simply Hekk.
At least curly dude got himself a daye on glasslip but slept on it. I was gonna watch rail wars but decides to wait until its finished

Zweizer

Banned
Sachiusu ch1-2

Well, what an unfortunate girl. I wonder if there's more to this series than schadenfreude though, as the gags aren't particularily funny.

If I still understand what's happening, Aladdin has known all this flashback stuff since Bagdad. Makes me wanna go back and look for hints.

Has he? I wonder what this indicates for his future role. He isn't just a Magi (obviously) but he is the son of the most powerful magician by a good margin. He should be potentially more powerful than empress...What is his role? Surely Alibaba won't actually end up as the King of the World. Wouldn't fit him at all I reckon.

Usobuko

Banned
I have been reading a lot of horror lately, it's not that I was missing out on this genre, it's more of me seeking some of the more obscure ones. To quote Stephen King description,

The 3 types of terror:

The Gross-out: the sight of a severed head tumbling down a flight of stairs, it's when the lights go out and something green and slimy splatters against your arm.
The Horror: the unnatural, spiders the size of bears, the dead waking up and walking around, it's when the lights go out and something with claws grabs you by the arm.
And the last and worse one:
Terror, when you come home and notice everything you own had been taken away and replaced by an exact substitute.

I guess I'm looking for stuff similar to that experience.

Zweizer

Banned
I have been reading a lot of horror lately, it's not that I was missing out on this genre, it's more of me seeking some of the more obscure ones. To quote Stephen King description,

I guess I'm looking for stuff similar to that experience.

Have you read Ibitsu?

upandaway

Sachiusu ch1-2

Well, what an unfortunate girl. I wonder if there's more to this series than schadenfreude though, as the gags aren't particularily funny.
There's some feelgood which feels good. It's mostly just how creative her unluckiness can get.

And as um, as dakku puts it, the unlucky moe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Problem with sachiusu is that, like sotomura-chan, every chapter follows the same exact fucking formula, despite the premise being somewhat solid.

Zweizer

Banned
There's some feelgood which feels good. It's mostly just how creative her unluckiness can get.

And as um, as dakku puts it, the unlucky moe.

Yeah, I have to admit that her unluckiness is rather diverse.

The good feels parts are shaded with shoujo ai so that's a plus as well.

Zweizer

Banned
Problem with sachiusu is that, like sotomura-chan, every chapter follows the same exact fucking formula, despite the premise being somewhat solid.

Well, it's mainly just a gag 4koma so that's to be expected. At least it has only 12 chapters so far.

Not every 4koma can be like Wa!.

Antiwhippy

Well, it's mainly just a gag 4koma so that's to be expected. At least it has only 12 chapters so far.

Eh, you can be a 4koma and be pretty diverse chapter to chapter. Just look at Azumanga daioh and nozaki-kun.

Shengar

This remind me how Masashi Ueda's 4koma is goddamned superior, the gag one and the slice of life. Never gets old, never repeat the same joke over and over.

Antiwhippy

I know, just airing my grievances with Minamori minamo mangas. Just feels like she/he is wasting some pretty solid premises.

upandaway

Eh, there's a lot of recycled "Let's bully Gorou + lewd" schtick besides the good character development chapters.
In that case, then I'm not really following on what makes a 4koma diverse or not, but oh well. I also like Hirameki Hatsume-chan (and the obvious Wakabayashi's Collection)

Zweizer

Banned
In that case, then I'm not really following on what makes a 4koma diverse or not, but oh well. I also like Hirameki Hatsume-chan (and the obvious Wakabayashi's Collection)

I'm not saying there's no diversity in Hozuki or that the recycled jokes are bad, but you have to admit half of it is just seeing Gorou suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom