• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I've been telling you all, every major problem with Nisekoi can be directly tied to Kosaki Onodera's existence. The effect she's had on the story proper has been cancerous from the first chapter. She's a tumor that needs to be excised.

In all honesty, the series would probably be a lot less lighthearted if Kosaki was more relevant of a character so I get why she gets no real development. I mean, I'd still prefer her replaced with Haru's character but still.

Doesn't the anime thread prefer Onodera?

power of her voice

upandaway

Stretch 15

Pretty much all of those stretches caught me in places in my body that I didn't know existed. One of them brought forth a click from my torso that echoed in the entire neighborhood. Feels good though.

Also holy crap those punk clothes looked way too good on her.

jman2050

In fairness, Kanahana VA work is captivating and Shaft did a pretty good job with her scenes in general but that's all surface level stuff.

In all honesty, the series would probably be a lot less lighthearted if Kosaki was more relevant of a character so I get why she gets no real development. I mean, I'd still prefer her replaced with Haru's character but still.

Exactly! Her character and role in the story is static, boring, and unchanging by necessity. There's no 'improving' a character like Kosaki. The only solution is that she never should have existed in the first place.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was more likely she'd just confess than actually leaving the harem. Haru is on the periphery anyways and if she actually went after him, it would barely even mess with the status quo.

At the very least the author makes it so the other characters are aware of how dumb it is every hot girl wants Raku's D.

Vito

Banned
img000004.png

Cute series.

Chariot

All this Oldnodera and Marika hate here, making me sad.
Oldnodera used to be my favorite, but due her recent actions she went down, making place for Marika. Poor Marika, she has it bad in this manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Marika is terrible because she's basically just Kaga Kouko from Golden Time except without any of the endearing characteristics.

jman2050

Marika became OK once it was clear she was relegated to comic relief. I'm sure when she inevitably dies from anime cancer we'll get some requisite drama out of her.

Chariot

Marika is terrible because she's basically just Kaga Kouko from Golden Time except without any of the endearing characteristics.
Interesting enough: I hated Golden Time, because of Kaga. I didn't like her at all. Marika is clingy and aggressive, yes. But in contrast to Kaga she wasn't on some other guys pants for years to just suddenly change her love within days. Marika is also very fun in general and less creepy as Koko.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Marika became OK once it was clear she was relegated to comic relief. I'm sure when she inevitably dies from anime cancer we'll get some requisite drama out of her.
Death by anime is always the worst.

Fatal Frame/Zero 4
Huh, wasn't expecting the humor.

Also wow that guy is a legit stalker, isn't he.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 134

And this chapter proves how superior the younger Onodera is. That and how she's never going to escape Raku's harem.

This chapter hit all the right notes for me.
Interesting enough: I hated Golden Time, because of Kaga. I didn't like her at all. Marika is clingy and aggressive, yes. But in contrast to Kaga she wasn't on some other guys pants for years to just suddenly change her love within days. Marika is also very fun in general and less creepy as Koko.

This. Comparing Kouko to Marika? Kouko's awful while Marika not. Plus Kouko isn't there for comedic purposes.

Angry Grimace

That's mostly because Kaga's interest in the other guy was about as shallow as Marika's, but at least Golden Time explored that.

PK Gaming

Prison School

In a way, the vice-prez is even more goofy than the prison boys. I really enjoy her character (not necessarily for the fanservice, since her proportions are waaaaaay off). She develops into this super comical character, and I love it.

Angry Grimace

I think exploring that would have meant admitting her to a mental health facility, not let her do the same thing just to someone else!

I didn't mean exploring it realistically. But she did have to deal with the fact the target of her affections wasn't someone she actually liked, she mostly just liked the idea of him.

scy

I dunno, I quite liked Golden Time (LN/Manga), though I'm not through it all. The original target feels like it's more just there for the gimmick of her character and not something to be taken all too seriously.

I dunno. If you can predict what role the crazy rocket the boys built in Prison School is going to play, you win the world.

Okay, we're not that good.

Rhapsody

Banned
I dunno, I quite liked Golden Time (LN/Manga), though I'm not through it all. The original target feels like it's more just there for the gimmick of her character and not something to be taken all too seriously.
The adaptation definitely made it worse. I just didn't like the main pairing at all, and there was a lot of weird drama.

The last arc didn't exactly help my impression of it either.

upandaway

I didn't mean exploring it realistically. But she did have to deal with the fact the target of her affections wasn't someone she actually liked, she mostly just liked the idea of him.
Hm sure. I think all girls in Nisekoi except for Chitoge and Haru have the same kind of shallow obsession though, Marika's just going ballistic over it because of her personality.

That said the Koko/Marika type character (or just call it deredere) is pretty common though, and it's not entirely bad. I mean there's Nekogurui Minako-san out there.

jman2050

Koko was obsessed with her childhood friend because he was her childhood friend and them falling in love and living their lives together was all "part of the plan". Same reason that despite realizing she liked Banri she rebuffed his confession and tried the whole staying friends until they get together deal, because it was all "part of the plan".

Also she's insane.

Angry Grimace

Koko was obsessed with her childhood friend because he was her childhood friend and them falling in love and living their lives together was all "part of the plan". Same reason that despite realizing she liked Banri she rebuffed his confession and tried the whole staying friends until they get together deal, because it was all "part of the plan".

Also she's insane.

She tries her hardest to not be insane though!

upandaway

Assassination Classroom 96

Hm7gp5n.png

Has there been a single chapter so far without a joke about her flat chest? I know these jokes are common in manga but man I've never seen a character have it this bad. This is brutal.

Theonik

Domina no Do 09-41 (END)
Where do I begin with this series. Let's start with a synopsis:
MangaUpdates said:
Tsuchie Takeshi has dreams of when he played with Hikari-chan as a child. He remembers her as a kind, sweet girl. However, one day on the way home from school, Takeshi is abducted and taken to a huge house, only to find out that she's become an arrogant, violent dominatrix (emphasis on violent). Furthermore, she says that he promised to marry her! How will he adjust to her new personality, and living with her as a new son of her prestigious family?
So what is the manga about then? It's a crude comedy manga about BDSM. Now this might not sound appealing and certainly, if you don't appreciate crudeness you might not enjoy this manga. That being said, not all this manga's humour is crude, and even that which is is normally quite clever.

Story-wise there isn't a lot going on, they introduce characters, and they setup some arcs where things happen together with a climax that follows some previous events but this isn't that kind of series. Instead there is a lot of character development.

The characters themselves are quite charming and they fill their roles in the manga's comedy quite well. They fit the work quite well.

Speaking of the comedy this made me laugh pretty hard on many occasions, it's definitely the highlight of this work, and I thank wonzo for recommending this to me.
Finally the art, while crude is pretty good with some nice gags.

_hekk05

Banned
Theonik's long awaited review of Domina no Do.

Chou good job!

Some series I wish I can experience for the first time again.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
from what i remember of domino no do is it had terrible art, terrible characters, and terrible attempts at comedy.

I bet theonik likes that nana to kaoru manga too even though it's shit

Angry Grimace

from what i remember of domino no do is it had terrible art, terrible characters, and terrible attempts at comedy.

I bet theonik likes that nana to kaoru manga too even though it's shit

....I don't know why people like nana to kaoru either.

Prison School

Read based on drama's impression. Definitely an interesting series. Seems like all the smut is just based on weird whacky hijinks. Principal is definitely great lol. I do kind of wonder where the series will go after the current arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom