• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You have a lot to look foward to.

I didn't realize Hayama Akira was introduced that long ago in the series, felt like he was a recent addition despite him being there for nearly half the series already.

About 1 and a half arcs currently account for over half the chapters due how fucking long the judging takes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how every single person at Tootsuki has a fan club. Where are all these people coming from?
KuGsj.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like how every single person at Tootsuki has a fan club. Where are all these people coming from?
KuGsj.gif

Ditto. Supposedly, this is a school for the elite, but I highly doubt all these kids are "elite" chefs-in-training.

Akito

Unpopular opinion time it is.
I have hard time seeing why clannad and anohana is the saddest story ever.
I enjoy it, but not that much. I don't like clannad ending, since IMO, it waste tomoya character development from useless dad into a better person
Clannad was alright but After Story just an sappy melodrama with a bullshit ending. Anohana was simply shit.

Antiwhippy

What would people consider to be sad/heartbreaking mangas?

Majime na jikan and hachimitsu no clover probably has some of the most heartbreaking moments for me.

Shengar

Ditto. Supposedly, this is a school for the elite, but I highly doubt all these kids are "elite" chefs-in-training.

Even the "elites" have their own share fair of scrubs as well.
But as we've seen it in recent chapter, Tootsuki have a middle school, so maybe that's how it is.

Majime na jikan and hachimitsu no clover probably has some of the most heartbreaking moments for me.

Theonik

Remember, there is a progressive cull in the school. Some come from middle school also. And there is a dichotomy between people entering high school and the people like the main characters we explored in the first place. Not everyone in the school is Soma.

Shengar

Remember, there is a progressive cull in the school. Some come from middle school also. And there is a dichotomy between people entering high school and the people like the main characters we explored in the first place. Not everyone in the school is Soma.

I want to say the last part too, but I'm not that sure that anyone from the outside would really watch a shokugeki unless it involved really famous students.

Akito

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Spirit Circle
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
5 Centimeters Per Second
My Girl
Hiroki Endo's Short Stories
Hoshi Mamoru Inu & Zoku Hoshi Mamoru Inu

Tizoc

Kingdom Ch. 315
Kanmei vs. Moubu was fucking epic and manly.
The table flipping from the coalition leaders was hilarious XD

Moubu, a true man amongest men

dani_dc

About 1 and a half arcs currently account for over half the chapters due how fucking long the judging takes.

I really preferred the shorter arcs, less characters that I'm more emotionally invested in and less random food battles between two random characters per week please.

Nisekoi 134

Haru should just murder Kosaki and take her place, then confess. Good End.

I think I'm just going to pretend this is the ending of the series:

vpAaj5F.png

Theonik

I want to say the last part too, but I'm not that sure that anyone from the outside would really watch a shokugeki unless it involved really famous students.
My point is the story focuses on the real star students. Not abnormal that they'd all have fanclubs even in a selective academy! The story wouldn't focus on the 'normal' ones.

Antiwhippy

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Spirit Circle
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
5 Centimeters Per Second
My Girl
Hiroki Endo's Short Stories
Hoshi Mamoru Inu & Zoku Hoshi Mamoru Inu

Hmm, can't say that I've really found lucifer and spirit circle heartbreaking, but I can see it.

Ore Monogatari 9

this continues to be fun and Suna is the best third wheel ever LOL.

also still liking this relationship since its a series of firsts both of them (especially Takeo given his shitty luck before).

Kiss My Ass 7

New member get.

Also it should be fun seeing future interactions of these 3 (MC with his feeling stuff and glasses girl with sharing her massive amount of knowledge)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The best guess is that there are people who aren't in the "cooking" part of the school, like they're involved in other specialties, like business or something.

Antiwhippy

Unkempt fringe and a side ponytail.

It's like all my anime hair nightmares at once.

Only way to make it worse is to add in twin ponytails or hair drills.

dani_dc

But that would involve changing her current awesome hair into that boring mess Kosaki has.

We can't have that.

I wish I had any semblance of artistic skills, so I could draw Haru wearing Kosaki ripped off scalp.

The best guess is that there are people who aren't in the "cooking" part of the school, like they're involved in other specialties, like business or something.

I didn't even recall there was more to the school than just cooking.
But then the entire school would be skipping class for this event, which sounds unproductive.

Antiwhippy

Seeing that they had a massive camping trip just to weed out people who aren't up to it I'd say that most people there should at least be very good cooks.

Angry Grimace

I want to know more about Golden Time. Which is the best way to experience it: manga or anime?

The anime. The manga isn't even finished as far as I know. If you didn't think Toradora was Toradorable, then you'd probably hate Golden Time.

Angry Grimace

Thanks. I'm not really sure there is a manga adaptation but I am sure it's available via a reading material.

There is one, its just not very far into the series. I have no clue about that in moonrunes.

Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! Vol.01

A closet otaku is blackmailed into helping a popular girl into become an otaku so she can get closer to the otaku guy she likes.

So yeah...

On one hand, it was very heavy on the light novel tropes. Couple with a bunch of anime references and your kinda generic characters, it wasn't the most original things.

On the other hand, it does uses these generic characters pretty decently. They have some depth, as typical as they are, and I kinda ended up not hating anyone in the end.

It was kinda hard to get through it cause even I started feeling second hand embarrassment reading this but maybe that was to be expected.

Angry Grimace

Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! Vol.01

A closet otaku is blackmailed into helping a popular girl into become an otaku so she can get closer to the otaku guy she likes.

So yeah...

On one hand, it was very heavy on the light novel tropes. Couple with a bunch of anime references and your kinda generic characters, it wasn't the most original things.

On the other hand, it does uses these generic characters pretty decently. They have some depth, as typical as they are, and I kinda ended up not hating anyone in the end.

It was kinda hard to get through it cause even I started feeling second hand embarrassment reading this but maybe that was to be expected.

Note: this is incredibly terrible because I read it once.

Quasar

The anime. The manga isn't even finished as far as I know. If you didn't think Toradora was Toradorable, then you'd probably hate Golden Time.

Well not necessarily. I disliked Toradora (never finished the anime and never tried its other forms) but liked Golden Time (with some pretty big caveats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom