• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Unpopular opinion time: I usually avoid Ryuuta Amazume's manga cause I don't like his artstyle, the same for Boichi, Fukumoto and Hirohiko Araki. Now feel free to confess your sins.

Why you!

What about Seizon - Life by Fukumoto btw, since it's not drawn by him?

Quasar

Unpopular opinion time: I usually avoid Ryuuta Amazume's manga cause I don't like his artstyle, the same for Boichi, Fukumoto and Hirohiko Araki. Now feel free to confess your sins.

I only know Ryuuta Amazume from Nana to Kaoru (I think), but I find the art style there glorious. I guess I should investigate further.

As for confessions, I guess I should say that the design of Andre in Prison School puts me off so much I wish he was written out of the comic. Well except that he is awesome.

Lain

I'm pretty sure he only made one post in mangagaf, and it was about some futa thing. Heh, at least it's something memorable :(

Hitokage appreciated Dulce Report, though I never understood if it was ironically or not. Still, greatest love story ever told and all that jazz. Hitokage will be missed.

Zweizer

Banned
Hitokage appreciated Dulce Report, though I never understood if it was ironically or not. Still, greatest love story ever told and all that jazz. Hitokage will be missed.

Really? Oh man he was one of us then, even if I never had the opportunity to interact with him. What sad news.

Revo

The Breaker: New Waves 170

Closer to normal chapter ending this time. Still moving pieces around for more climactic battles.

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru: Pink Pure ch1-End

Somehow I missed this spin-off (although to be fair it wasn't done by Ryuuta Amazume). It's a pretty fun 4koma, with mostly SM-themed gags, although you have to be familiar with the main series in order to read it. Other than that, there's not much to it considering it's very short.

Vito

Banned
I might have to start investing in digital copies of Evening given how late raws are :(

B00M8XFINQ.01.MAIN._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 31

Typical delayed reaction there lol

dad will be pissed even after his drunk spree if he see the MC coming from her room.

Nana to Koaru

Expected as much to happen.

next chapter should be interesting.

scy

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 31 - It's too early for me to make another plot progress joke.

As much fun as the dad is, I really hope they spend some time with her mom.

kadotsu

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa 31 - It's too early for me to make another plot progress joke.

As much fun as the dad is, I really hope they spend some time with her mom.

The next chapters are fun because of shipping and
a new character that kicks the stupidity into overdrive

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gun-jou 27

Goddamn she finally joined.

Why the fuck is there so much angst just from starting a goddamn marathon club.

kadotsu

Banned
Wait, so maybe it's real slight progress?!

I assume it's the girl on the v6 cover

I can confirm that every ~20 chapters from now there is a relationship milestone.
There is some filler but I really like the pace of the series. I hope that we'll get more of the male friends involved in the future to make the thing less "harem". But the series has been pretty good so far in subverting some of the tropes.

scy

But ... what about my joking about plot progress :( :( :(

Really, most the pacing has been fine. It's more the pace of releases rather than the story itself. I mean, it's only 30 chapters in for the current progress.

Revo

Haikyuu 117

Here's our accident game, it seems. Been able to avoid it till now but guess we couldn't escape it forever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hinamatsuri 36-38

Oh jesus christ my sides.

So good.

Poor nitta and hina. Both had their expectations and trusts crushed.

SnK

This is still floundering...All this intrigue seems a bit heavy handed next to the other issues within the series, such as the existence of the titans etc. Am I supposed to be impressed by the power of the King? So far it has seemed incredibly pathetic next to the titans...Where is this going? It really has taken a turn for the tedius...the original direction seemed much grander and exciting than this. I honestly don't really care about the king, and don't understand how they can possibly have any pull over the Titans. Plot wise, it would be stupid if they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom