• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have wine instead of nice beer. I got it free yesterday.

It's a really nice German wine. Selbach Riesling Spatslese.

Very fruity with floral undertones. Lots of apple, pear and peach.

Only 10% alcohol volume so you can drink it on its own without it being too overbearing, but it also goes really well with food on the sweeter side. Generally oriental cuisine, particularly Thai.

...what has happened to me

I need to read some Tokyo Ghoul or something

Smutterfly Effect 22 End

hey this ended and as expected. :p

happy ending and even one last attempt at a "fuck you" for both characters.

Also its funny he did the one thing he should have done all those years ago (defend himself) but at the end he kinda defends his inaction with the usual feelings of guilt defence LOLOL

Plus the reveal at the end (which if you think about it made some sense because how can Masaki be in his conscience?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Smutterfly Effect 22 End

hey this ended and as expected. :p

happy ending and even one last attempt at a "fuck you" for both characters.

Also its funny he did the one thing he should have done all those years ago (defend himself) but at the end he kinda defends his inaction with the usual feelings of guilt defence LOLOL

Basically the answer to this was the question I brought up before - how the hell could that fucken wimp kill him?

Busaiku

Hopefully I won't fall behind on it like almost every other MangaBox title including Why Can't I Get A Girlfriend

It's still pretty new, you can still catch up on it.
But this is the last week, the 1st chapter is gone next.
Though, I guess you can still check out the digest, so technically 2 weeks.

dani_dc

Smutterfly Effect 22 End

Uh, just caught up with this a day or two ago, didn't expect it to be ending so soon.

Either ending it could be it would be more or less predictable for better or worst, but I'm not unhappy with the way it ended. Though it's disappointing that he didn't try to go for Yoshino at all during this life time.

With that said the most important question wasn't answered
did the MC stay virgin until the age 32 this time around?

dude hes scarred physically, emotionally, mentally, sexually

That can only serve as an excuse up to a point though, and I think we're way past that point.

It's still pretty new, you can still catch up on it.
But this is the last week, the 1st chapter is gone next.
Though, I guess you can still check out the digest, so technically 2 weeks.

That's only if I bother using the mobile app.

The web version only gives you the first and last chapter.

shokugeki no soma 1-80?

Totally forgot about this manga (started to read it way back when and dropped it). I picked it up this weekend, and man I am happy for it. Cooking shonen mangas are always awesome.

Zweizer

Banned
Buchou ni Igen wa Arimasen ch1-2
(Recommended by Charade)

The chronicles of a ping-pong club captain and her only member who happens to be a sadist. It's nothing extraordinary but it's a pretty fun yuri manga and the art is cute.

Ore Monogatari 8-9

jesus fucking christ how is the manga so consistently good all the time?

This is so damn good.

Christ they are so damn adorable it's insane

so good

Nisekoi 134

oh man haru in a wedding dress

guys

guys

scy

Smutterfly Effect [END] - So wait, Masaki really flipped out at him there?

And the entire reason we had to skip ahead 14 years was just to get back to the day him and Yoshino died. Meh. Feel like that works for the sake of story and having it go full circle but it makes the whole romance angle of the story feel a little awkward. Unless we're not supposed to root for MC x Yoshino, I guess? 14 years later with no contact, still crushing on each other.

Still think it should have just resolved everything with the college years and then fast forward some more years instead of fast forwarding and then resolving everything.

Smutterfly Effect [END] - So wait, Masaki really flipped out at him there?

And the entire reason we had to skip ahead 14 years was just to get back to the day him and Yoshino died. Meh. Feel like that works for the sake of story and having it go full circle but it makes the whole romance angle of the story feel a little awkward. Unless we're not supposed to root for MC x Yoshino, I guess? 14 years later with no contact, still crushing on each other.

Still think it should have just resolved everything with the college years and then fast forward some more years instead of fast forwarding and then resolving everything.

Sequel hook mang :p

Plus they don't even look like those ages tbh (at least Yoshino and the MC). LOL

Ore Monogatari 8-9

jesus fucking christ how is the manga so consistently good all the time?

This is so damn good.

Christ they are so damn adorable it's insane

so good

Indeed.

Even Suna being the third wheel is the greatest fucking thing

Well what do you know... I got 9 free boxes (each with 4) red velvet store baked cupcakes (with filling) this morning from a supermarket

idk what to do with them... ate one box though, they are tasty

eat them all

I got mine for free because I was tasting wine for work and we got to take some home

Quasar

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 15 - finally we're getting to where Arima crashes and burns under expectations and his mothers ghost.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Smutterfly Effect 22 End

Uh, just caught up with this a day or two ago, didn't expect it to be ending so soon.

Either ending it could be it would be more or less predictable for better or worst, but I'm not unhappy with the way it ended. Though it's disappointing that he didn't try to go for Yoshino at all during this life time.

With that said the most important question wasn't answered
did the MC stay virgin until the age 32 this time around?

That can only serve as an excuse up to a point though, and I think we're way past that point.

Not sure its relevant. It turned out the problem with his "previous" life was guilt over Yoshino getting murdered him and doing nothing about it.

dani_dc

Not sure its relevant. It turned out the problem with his "previous" life was guilt over Yoshino getting murdered him and doing nothing about it.

It might not be relevant (though the way he treated females certainty was, and I wouldn't say both pints are unrelated), but with the huge focus they gave on the whole virginity thing, I'm mostly curious about how that ended.

dani_dc

Yeah, they definitely didn't look ~30 but it's really more I wanted some closure for them that wasn't 15 years later :x

Also somewhat weird that someone you haven't seen in 14 years would call you and tell you to get away from the crossroad out of nowhere, I'm surprised she didn't freak out or didn't just flat out ignore him.

PK Gaming

Prison School (caught up)

thankfully the speed releases got better in quality as they went.

my word this manga is still incredible.

Same here!

The first half of Prison School was pretty good. Funny, but super trashy; I was in for the humor, not the fanservice.

The second though... the second half was/is awesome. It's still trashy, but there are way more characters, deeper relationships, legitimate character development, and a kickass antagonist. I wish I read this alongside you guys, but catching up was fun too.

Lisa's the best character

EDIT: No I changed my mind, the new student council prez is the best character.

dani_dc

Same here!

The first half of Prison School was pretty good. Funny, but super trashy; I was in for the humor, not the fanservice.

The second though... the second half was/is awesome. It's still trashy, but there are way more characters, deeper relationships, legitimate character development, and a kickass antagonist. I wish I read this alongside you guys, but catching up was fun too.

Lisa's the best character

For a good while I felt I was missing something when I first read Prison School, but by the time that you get to the "Tits or asses" segment, I was actually emotionally involved with the characters, from there on until the end of end of Hana antics with Kiyoshi was some of the most enjoyment I got out of any manga. And the last few chapters have had some amazing moments as well.

Though I'll have to disagree with that last assertion, Lisa is pretty good, but Hana is just too entertaining and adorable in her ridiculous naive attempts at getting back to Kiyoshi.

survivor

Banned
Wolf Children
8b8hG34.jpg
Still a great story. It pretty much followed the anime 1:1 and I don't think there were any major changes to it. I think there was a bit of an epilogue where Yuki sends a letter talking about how she is doing and asks about Ame. And there is a bit about Ame leaving some fruit for his mom. I think these were manga only additions. The designs also got more moe-fied which isn't a bad thing, at least makes it look a bit different.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome 01

Another alternative story of this useless guy going to make a visual novel or something this time featuring the writer waifu.

I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't retell the same opening like the other two series, so this actually felt fresh. A little.

PK Gaming

For a good while I felt I was missing something when I first read Prison School, but by the time that you get to the "Tits or asses" segment, I was actually emotionally involved with the characters, from there on until the end of end of Hana antics with Kiyoshi was some of the most enjoyment I got out of any manga. And the last few chapters have had some amazing moments as well.

Though I'll have to disagree with that last assertion, Lisa is pretty good, but Hana is just too entertaining and adorable in her ridiculous naive attempts at getting back to Kiyoshi.

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about Hana

She's still not my favorite (The Prez's ability to play everyone like a violin makes her my all-time favorite) but she's #2 at the very least! Hana's antics were easily one of the most enjoyable aspects of part 1.

Prison School 88-93

Oh man the normal student council is way more twisted.

:lol at Andre turning evil

Prison School 94

Andrenomics :lol

This is amazing.

Prison School 94-99
A base woman huh

That was a very touching backstory between the underground prez ad vice prez.

Prison School 100-101

:lol That advice

This is killing me. Halp.

Prison School 102-103

Those Andrenomics :lol

Prison School 104-106

What a piece of shit this president is. Pure evil. Poor crows :(

Omy god at Joe and Gakuto trying to emulate yaoi looooooooooooooool

Andrenomics crashing #dead #dead

Prison School 107-108

Kyoshi noooooooooooo! The prez is a master manipulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom