• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch55.5

They were pretty cute when they were kids. That clown though.

Tsugumomo ch19.1

These mix things are always a ripoff.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Rereading Flowers of Evil and it's amazing how much the art improves in only a couple dozen chapters. We go from this:

to this:

It's not just that he stopped drawing people that looked like hobbits, the compositions become so much more striking and the panel flow so much more elegant. I can't think of any series where the art improved so much midway through. I also forgot how funny the early chapters were.

Some manga where the art change drastically
Tenjoh Tenge
Eyeshield 21
Shonan Jounangumi
Jojo Bizarre adventure part 4

Akito

Ok, honestly, my bad, I'll assume you read Vertical's release and just grab the scan out of convenience for the comparison. But that tl note is pretty bad, lol.
gNTUXLB.png
XD

dumbyugi

I just finished re-reading Death Note and it's still great. I don't hate the Near/Mello part as much as some people but I don't love it. It has some good ideas but I don't think any of them are as well executed as anything in the first half. I think the series would have ended better if Light was captured because of something L had done but with L still ending up dead as well. Overall though it's still one of my favourite series. Also I discovered that one of my volumes is missing and had to read the scans for it. I forgot how much I hate 'Raito' instead of Light & Ryuuku instead of Ryuk. Nia instead of Near bugs me as well, though not as much.

Kurita

I just finished re-reading Death Note and it's still great. I don't hate the Near/Mello part as much as some people but I don't love it. It has some good ideas but I don't think any of them are as well executed as anything in the first half. I think the series would have ended better if Light was captured because of something L had done but with L still ending up dead as well. Overall though it's still one of my favourite series. Also I discovered that one of my volumes is missing and had to read the scans for it. I forgot how much I hate 'Raito' instead of Light & Ryuuku instead of Ryuk. Nia instead of Near bugs me as well, though not as much.

I liked the second half. I was on the edge of my seat during the police raid.

dumbyugi

I liked the second half. I was on the edge of my seat during the police raid.

I really like the police raid as well. I also really enjoyed the ending, even if it's not how I wanted it to end. Overall though I still think the second half is weaker than the first. There were bits that got me excited but I was let down by the way they resolved. Like when Sayu got kidnapped, that got me super interested in what would happen next, but it ended kind of boringly & was overshadowed by Near and Light having a pissing contest. The stuff with Takada was a good idea but in the end I didn't care for it much. I liked Mikami as a character but there should have been more build up to him being chosen by Light. Of course it sounds like I hate the second part but I don't, I just don't think it's anywhere near as good as the first half.

Marche90

Freezing 165

Freezing still as op as always.

Ao no Exorcist 59

This arc is still as stupid as it has been.

I originally liked Blue Exorcist, but I reached a point where I said "eh, that's enough" and quit. I think I did so because of the pacing. Now seeing that comment...

I doubt I'll ever get around to pick it up again (more like an excuse, haha). Shame, since I liked the premise.

I originally liked Blue Exorcist, but I reached a point where I said "eh, that's enough" and quit. I think I did so because of the pacing. Now seeing that comment...

I doubt I'll ever get around to pick it up again (more like an excuse, haha). Shame, since I liked the premise.

I can't believe it only has 59 chapters, it feels like it's been going on forever.

Revo

Yeah, I enjoyed the beginning. Then pacing started sucking then the plot became stupider and stupider.

Ore Monogatari!! 9

Suna the best.

Dear, Only You Don't Know! 46

Original woman makes a comeback! Her stuff is always pretty great.

Zweizer

Banned
Akuma no Riddle ch0-8

Well, that was a rather long introduction. I have to wonder how it managed to live through serialization with eight chapters of nothing but build-up, but either way I hope things will get interesting soon because so far it has been nothing more than some pseudo-philosophical internal navel gazing intersected with hilariously antisocial banter.

Nothing much else to say, aside from the fact that, hey, another Touhou doujinshi artist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom