• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiyou no Ie

Just caught up on all of it. Lovely little thing so far but I would honestly have preferred it if Hiro didnt try to go after Mao. I mean yeah thats what this story is about but it just feels like he was taking advantage of a girl with Daddy issues from the get go to fill the empty space left by his fragmented family. Still, Hiro is a cool dude and its hard not to root for him.

Anyways, I'm guessing this is ending soon so at least everyone (except Daiki) will have a happy ending.

Prison School 119-120

iNJpA81.jpg

kasane

nobunaga no chef genre shifts

yakitate japan
shokugeki no soma
dynasty warriors

romanticka clock

fuck u dont get in the way of my sibling love

dani_dc

Kiss My Ass 7

I guess any manga with a high school setting eventually turns into an Harem, even if the theme of the manga is hemorrhoids.

I hope at some point there's some misunderstanding that leads Miura to explains in detail (as she done so far) the effect of anal sex on hemorrhoids.

kasane

Prison School 126

No wet t-shirt contest? RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

RIOT INDEED

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF CONTEST
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF CONTEST
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF CONEST

Lain

Toukou Tochuu no Deaigashira no Guuzen Kiss wa Ariuru? Jikken by Shintaro Kago
46Z.png

In truth, I've only read half of it so far, so my impression isn't complete, yet I feel confident in saying that this book is extremely weird, imaginative, somewhat funny, a bit depressing, cunning and with a bit of depravity and gore.
It starts with one page pieces that, despite the brevity, manage to convey their meaning, be it Kim Jong-il having troubles fitting a nuclear warhead on his missiles against Japan, or the smokers killing themselves over a spot where they can smoke (and the scene where they are all on top of each other made me think of Mount Your Friends).
The more inventive scenes though come from the other, self contained, stories. The man that's sure everything is a set. The investigator that is called to Margintown, a place where everything is drawn on the margins of the page, outside the panels.
The exasperated mom who, in a Shyamalan twist
turns out to be a malfunctioning robot that the child bought

I'm only half way in, but I feel that this isn't something to be rushed. It flows along so well that without some precautions there is a serious risk of getting to the end of the book without digesting it as it's meant to be.
One thing's for sure, this was my first Shintaro Kago purchase but it won't be the last. Hopefully they won't cost me an arm and a leg though, since this one book alone was 18€.

kasane

kuroko

this is gonna be the most generic ending to a match in sports manga history

or better yet the whole manga is as generic as it can be

Smutterfly Effect OT
well it finally finished, and it turns out it was
himself that has been torturing himself all along
. The ending felt rushed, they could have expand it a little further, but at least we got closure.

Slight recommendation, but I would say its good.

kasane

monster 19

so at this point on im convinced the kid has powers or some siht

i have been saying some shit a lot lately

why

Dynedom

kuroko

this is gonna be the most generic ending to a match in sports manga history

or better yet the whole manga is as generic as it can be

This is where you gotta love stuff like Karate Prince Minoru. It has the balls to make people lose. Kuroko did do that but only ONCE.

Toukou Tochuu no Deaigashira no Guuzen Kiss wa Ariuru? Jikken by Shintaro Kago
46Z.png

In truth, I've only read half of it so far, so my impression isn't complete, yet I feel confident in saying that this book is extremely weird, imaginative, somewhat funny, a bit depressing, cunning and with a bit of depravity and gore.
It starts with one page pieces that, despite the brevity, manage to convey their meaning, be it Kim Jong-il having troubles fitting a nuclear warhead on his missiles against Japan, or the smokers killing themselves over a spot where they can smoke (and the scene where they are all on top of each other made me think of Mount Your Friends).
The more inventive scenes though come from the other, self contained, stories. The man that's sure everything is a set. The investigator that is called to Margintown, a place where everything is drawn on the margins of the page, outside the panels.
The exasperated mom who, in a Shyamalan twist
turns out to be a malfunctioning robot that the child bought

I'm only half way in, but I feel that this isn't something to be rushed. It flows along so well that without some precautions there is a serious risk of getting to the end of the book without digesting it as it's meant to be.
One thing's for sure, this was my first Shintaro Kago purchase but it won't be the last. Hopefully they won't cost me an arm and a leg though, since this one book alone was 18€.

He is at best when he does original, imaginative, weird stuff, and at worst when he is obsessed with scat and gore and goes on and on about it.

Akito

Just woke up to this as well.

*checkthecalendar* *aprilfirstisfaraway*

ibzmo3xPpqdx3c.gif

I lost interest in Prison School a long time ago but I can't begrudge it its success if it apparently let Hiramoto resume his best work.

Lain

He is at best when he does original, imaginative, weird stuff, and at worst when he is obsessed with scat and gore and goes on and on about it.

Speaking of scat, there's a story in the book about a couple that's told in both normal and reverse mode at the same time and in reverse mode there's some glorious scat going on, with the lady giving her man some choco bombs and some random dude (which in normal mode is the gynecologist they go to after her miscarriage) a drink. I appreciated it, to tell the truth.

Rereading Flowers of Evil and it's amazing how much the art improves in only a couple dozen chapters. We go from this:
to this:
It's not just that he stopped drawing people that looked like hobbits, the compositions become so much more striking and the panel flow so much more elegant. I can't think of any series where the art improved so much midway through. I also forgot how funny the early chapters were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom