• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
By Wombs author

91pV4195f2L.jpg

Lain

Zetman volume 19
rEZ.jpg

Why did Hanako have to die goddammit?! This volume pissed me off. Hanako dead, Koga completely out of control, shooting his mom (if she survives while Hanako died I'll be even more pissed off) and wanting to shoot Konoha too, scarred woman being at the wrong spot at the wrong time forcing Jin's hand to kill Hanako to save her, Hanako's last moments and words. If this wasn't enough, the volume ends the way it does, with jin supposedly killed by Koga and old Amagi taken by that dude.
This volume really made me angry.

Fate/stay night volume 20
tEZ.jpg

Really great end for the manga adaption. Shiro ended up acting and looking (which implies also his character art) like a badass, especially when Saber tells him to give her the order to destroy the Graal and he doesn't really waste time, telling her to do her duty after just a second of reflection.
Saber was dignified until the end, even while telling him she loves him before she disappeared. She also looked especially cool in this last volume. I fell in love with her once again.
I liked the way Shiro overcame Kotomine and saved Illya. Not too much of a asspulls and highlighting the connection between him and Saber.
The manga adaption of FSN has been a really great read, Dat Nishiwaki did a pretty good job.
I'll be a bit sad now that it's completed here, but at least I'll still have Fate/zero.

Ore to Akuma no Blues 1-3

Uh guys
I think I probably should've read this a long ass time ago
Art is amazing, yet distinctly different from Prison School. It's hard to believe they have the same author.
Unique setting and plot will keep me intrigued.

Dresden

prison school -

All caught up now.

Started from chapter one again and my opinion of those earlier chapters haven't changed: they're kinda boring, and dirty. The gross physicality of the Vice President is exaggerated and thrust upon the reader at every turn, communicating, perhaps, Hiramoto's own disgust at his creation. Whatever it is, it's not very enjoyable to read, and the character's lack of awareness regarding the sweaty, puddling theatricality of her own actions makes for a rather sterile experience. In a way it's the point of the character, and is given context later on with one of the flashback chapters, but it doesn't make the read any more enjoyable. And the humor is less sophisticated, reliant on immediate payoff for some puerile gag over exploiting the internal history and the social dynamics of the characters involved. But it all takes a turn, somewhere around where Kiyoshi and Hana's tussle happens, and culminating with the infamous - and amazing - ass-man chapter. Basically, I got over the hump.

I enjoyed it more and more after that. I am now fully caught up and the accruing absurdity of the cast and the story is just fucking great. It's just funnier now - note the wonderful timing and the setup of the gag involving Kiyoshi, the President, and the need to communicate to the boys their need for a rocket - and smarter, and more sensual. Prison School transcends smut!

Behold, Art:

Mortemis

Banned
Damn Dresden. Gonna have to bump Prison School up my plan to read list. I've always seen talk about it, but it was never an actual "this is good" talk and usually just "look at this crazy smut". I've gotten enough recs for it from some of you though, so soon.

prison school -

All caught up now.

Started from chapter one again and my opinion of those earlier chapters haven't changed: they're kinda boring, and dirty. The gross physicality of the Vice President is exaggerated and thrust upon the reader at every turn, communicating, perhaps, Hiramoto's own disgust at his creation. Whatever it is, it's not very enjoyable to read, and the character's lack of awareness regarding the sweaty, puddling theatricality of her own actions makes for a rather sterile experience. In a way it's the point of the character, and is given context later on with one of the flashback chapters, but it doesn't make the read any more enjoyable. And the humor is less sophisticated, reliant on immediate payoff for some puerile gag over exploiting the internal history and the social dynamics of the characters involved. But it all takes a turn, somewhere around where Kiyoshi and Hana's tussle happens, and culminating with the infamous - and amazing - ass-man chapter. Basically, I got over the hump.

I never got over the hump. In what chapter starts being good?

dani_dc

Fragtime 1-11

Cute little story about a girl doing here best to avoid social situations by stopping time, until she's caught up peeking on someone else panties.

Muramaki is a hard girl to read, on one hand she does seem to care for Moritani, at the same time she seems like the type of person that will do stuff as long as it's advantageous to her, and can be rather unreasonable at that (see her getting annoyed at Moritani using her powers for others people sake in chapter 10).

Moritani is mostly obsessed with Muramaki (*panties scene*), it was nice to see how Muramaki rules forced (if unintentionally or intentionally I can't tell) Moritani to grow as a person, it's a shame that she doesn't grow regarding her relation with Muramaki and just keeps obsessively trying to follow her lead.

It's nice, short so far, and cute, not a bad way to spend an hour or so.

Prison School transcends smut!

Now use your powers to purge the non-believers so we can have an unified Mangaf!

Dr Hitomi's Infirmary 1-10

Good halfway point between Monster Musume and Centaur's Worries. As bear-dad said, love the diversity and creativity in the monster people and their adventures.

dani_dc

Shingeki no Kyojin 60

It was nice to see them skip over the action at the start, had more than enough of that in Chapter 58, though the whole "didn't kill anyone" felt like a bit too good to be true in a series such as this, hard to believe everything would go so well that they would manage to not kill anyone without getting some of their own members killed.

It was nice to see Levi being himself and beating the crap of the other dude.
Mikasa hearing Kenny surname will surely come into play later on.

Seeing Hange in action and getting things rolling was a pretty good moment, though I'm curious how far they'll go to get the journalist to circulate the news.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing Erwin being sentenced to death and some discussion among the troops about saving him or not, with Levi ultimately deciding not to go save him.

Revo

So I only ever saw the GTO cartoon.
Is Paradise Lost easy to get into from there?

I'm like 99% sure they change the ending and cut out the last arc. Not to mention the not canon stuff in the anime. Honestly, GTO is so good you might as well read it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom