• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Murcielago 5-7
murcielago6.png

ponporiding.png

Hard to feel sad for a murderer but still. rip ;-;7

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 05

Even heroes have overprotective fathers.

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 06

Ok, I love that the events of chapter 1 have come back full circle now.

Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban 07

To be a hero or to be normal. What a dilemma.

Mumei

Which page was this (I got the VizBig as well)? I don't remember reading this line. Only that they mention Shishio as being the other mysterious assassin earlier alluded.

On that note, does anyone know which VizBig ends the current arc (I have 4 volumes; so the equivalent of 12 of 28)? I'm not sure I enjoy the series enough to finish it...

Hey, sorry for the late response.

If no one answered your question, it ends on Volume 6. Volume 6 also contains the first volume of the next arc so it might help you decide if you want to continue. You should! I finished reading it yesterday and it's as great as I remembered~

And it's on page 207 of VIZBIG Volume 4, where he says, "After all, Shishio mustn't be left to the only Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu student. And I don't have time to train another apprentice. It'd be easiest to take care of him myself... But at this point in my career, I'm in a different place. No, job this falls to you. Stop Shishio Makoto."

Maybe it was supposed to be "mustn't be left to the only HMR student," like once Kenshin has mastered the secret he'll no longer be a student? I'm trying to be generous here, though.

Quasar

I think that's what's happening here. It's gonna suck if they do it. Queen should be able to wreck anyone there and has a habit of being able to instantly summon dudes with guns who have her on GPS or something. ._.

I never considered that. About the only way they could would be spiking drinks shes already avoided.

Lain

My Little Monster volume 12-13
wOab.jpg
xOab.jpg

So many feelings.
Some happiness, for such a great series having a nice end and devoting an entire volume to explore the events for the other characters of the story, something that makes you realize that focusing on any other character could still have worked and still have delivered a great read.
Some sadness, for such a great series ending, but also because some of the feelings communicated are bittersweet. The whole situation with Haru and Yuzan's mother, or the relationship between Haru and Yuzan, which is shaped also by their mother's choice and actions, other than Yuzan and Haru's own.

Volume 12, with the whole mute chapter was a treat. It made me appreciate even more Robico's character art and ability to communicate through drawings. I am of the belief that being able to convey information and feelings without using words requires a higher degree of skill and volume 12 has me convinced that Robico possesses such skill.

Volume 13 had some great moments (I really appreciated seeing Takaya growing up and confessing his love to Chizuru, also Chizuru became a damn fine woman) and it was great to focus on the other characters, though Shizuku looked great in her wedding dress at the end.
I ended up feeling a bit sad for Yuzan by the end, yet also happy, given how he and Takaya developed such a friendship through sweets.

I'm looking forward to any other Robico's manga that might get licensed.

PK Gaming

Yuri Mekuru Hibi 1-14

FJBLxH1.png

Ok this manga is supremely weird, but kind of charming it its own weird way. The dissonance between the serene artstyle and ridiculous humor really makes it stand out from your standard slice of life/comedy manga.

Jintor

damnit lain

i actually saw the complete collection in japanese in the local bookstore but.... i wouldn't be able to read it, so...

wonzo

Banned
Stretch 0 & 24

i wonder if she'll end up looking like that sketch she did in the first chapter

Hi Score Girl 14

looks like the dude aint so much of a scrub anymore. im impressed

Tonari no Seki-kun 59

pre-torn jeans are p. much the dumbest thing ever so its good to see skei get his comeuppance while yokoi learns a very valuable lesson in fashion

Zai x Ten 24

if only the writers of my balls new of this horror

Charade

Chouchou Nannan 2

This is progressing faster than I thought it would.

Murcielago 5-8

This murderer party arc has been awesome. And such a lewd extra chapter. And damn, those last two pages...

Well, that escalated quickly.

Pretty sure I would've been lost if I didn't take a quick peek at the synopsis.

Really couldn't help but feel like I was watching a shorten horror movie with the way things played out.

For instance, you had your standard:

- Villagers hell bent on killing outsiders

- Blood and Gore

- Kidnapping

- Cannabalism (I'm almost 100% sure what he ate came from a human)

- And Nudity (10/10, maybe Main girl is Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!)

All it needed was some torture and rape to complete the entire horror set.

Only real surprising thing was the unwilling Incest, but that ended just as quick as it started.

You guys.

So delusional.

I'm just saying the chapter didn't really give much focus to the winning girl, it just felt like an afterthought especially with that big goodbye with Dokuro.

Hell, he could have chosen an off-screen girl and it probably would have been the same thing.

Lain

Wait is all of MLM out in english now Wtf that was fast! Gotta buy it all

Sorry, that was the Italian edition QQ

Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu 1

Well, that escalated quickly.

Pretty sure I would've been lost if I didn't take a quick peek at the synopsis.

Really couldn't help but feel like I was watching a shorten horror movie with the way things played out.

For instance, you had your standard:

- Villagers hell bent on killing outsiders

- Blood and Gore

- Kidnapping

- Cannabalism (I'm almost 100% sure what he ate came from a human)

- And Nudity (10/10, maybe Main girl is Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!)

All it needed was some torture and rape to complete the entire horror set.

Only real surprising thing was the unwilling Incest, but that ended just as quick as it started.

Oh, it started getting translated? I'll wait until it gets to chapter 3 or 4 before starting reading.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm just saying the chapter didn't really give much focus to the winning girl, it just felt like an afterthought especially with that big goodbye with Dokuro.

Hell, he could have chosen an off-screen girl and it probably would have been the same thing.

Eh, I actually kind of like it when the romance is shown in a more understated way.

Eh, I actually kind of like it when the romance is shown in a more understated way.

I guess I prefer my romance with enough blush faces to cause a shortness of blood in the body.

See, my stance is, have your own waifu, that's fine.

I'm talking about who's RIGHT for keima goddamnit.

I'll admit, that I didn't mind the ending. She's a good end for Keima, I just didn't really like how it got there.

Waltz no Ojikan 02

More dancing goodness.

I'm going to be interested to see if the main girl stays her slightly heavier ways. I just noticed it's pretty interesting to see she isn't your normal shoujo lead character here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom