• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parasyte 36

81ec6e560c.png

Amazing

Quixzlizx

Girls of the Wild's 151

Ever since the tournament ended, this series has been like 1/3 combat, 1/3 slice of life, and 1/3 drama, and it bounces between the three of them in a way that destroys the pacing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watch the anime to at least get to where the series ended when the big hiatus starts? :p

I don't think the scanlated manga chapters have reached that yet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Then trawl through random blogs for someone's translated summaries of all the latest volumes.

It's a pretty grim sickness.

If it makes you feel better though the 2005 adaptation is actually OK.

yMAySzg.png

Shokugeki no Soma 83

That really is a wonderful smile.

If she did that more often, I would have no problem giving her the title of Best Girl.

Didn't think my mancrush on Dojima could grow any larger.

But I was wrong.

And for God's sake, let Hinako be one of the other judges.

Quasar

Girls of the Wild's 151

Ever since the tournament ended, this series has been like 1/3 combat, 1/3 slice of life, and 1/3 drama, and it bounces between the three of them in a way that destroys the pacing.

Well I don't think that destroys pacing. What harms it for me is the amount of story per chapter. Though its not as bad as Minamoto-kun.

Usobuko

Banned
The Kiseijuu ( Parasyte ) author did Historie which art unfortunately has abundance empty spaces. Still worth a read though.

Quasar

Given how slowly the story moves, bouncing between storylines like that means nothing ever happens.

Certainly having each girl with their own story has made it worse when read weekly. I just think the weekly format is whats to blame and feel if I was reading it in larger chunks I'd have less pacing issues. Sadly I'm too impatient to now sit back and read it in say 6 or 10 chapter chunks.

dani_dc

Soma 83

About time Erina has the chance of being relevant to the story again. Nice to see Erina telling him that he doesn't "get" the theme, I wonder if the Stalker will even imagine that he would talk with Erina (even if he does I doubt he'll be able to have her taste his food).

Holding hands after only a month...

Hand Holding is very lewd.

Itoshi no Karin 16

This feels like endgame material.

Itoshi no Karin has been feeling end game for a good 3-4 chapters (outside of that silly Curry chapter).

The Kiseijuu ( Parasyte ) author did Historie which art unfortunately has abundance empty spaces. Still worth a read though.

I didn't even notice that while reading those series, when you're engrossed in the story it's easy to overlook such issues.

Dolls Code 10

Well then I didn't expect no one getting killed before the big reveal at the end.

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention for the foreshadowing but hey, it wasn't a bad ending to this. It had an interesting premise, surprisingly didn't become all :DTL and wasn't a bad read.

Eroge no Taiyou 01

A young hotshot executive gets framed for something and is now broke and without a home. Then a young girl picks him up and offers him a job in an all female eroge company.

Well then, I guess I'm in to see where this goes.

Ibara no Kanmuri 03

bsS06k7l.png

Move over America, Finland is Japan's new it thing it seems.

We have an assy pretty boy, a good nature childhood friend that's probably going to lose and an accepting and actually assertive shoujo lead. Oh also demons.

So I guess this could be amazing or terrible drama.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
i43y6RV.png

I think we know what form of payment Erina takes from Soma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom