• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Komi said in the one-shot collection book that he would do Double Arts again he if was given the chance to when Nisekoi finishes.

Maybe he's got the same kind of deal with Jump that Genndy has with Sony. Do what they want for long enough and they'll let him do what he wants to after.

Maybe he's got the same kind of deal with Jump that Genndy has with Sony. Do what they want for long enough and they'll let him do what he wants to after.

LOL, I don't think anyone other than Togashi and Oda will ever that kind of leverage with Jump. Togashi because he literally gives no fuck and will just stop drawing if threatened, and Oda because he prints money.

Kieli

Soma 83

Would be hilarious if Hishoko is gone long enough that by the time she comes back, Erina's already waifu with Soma.

Ftfy.

LOL, I don't think anyone other than Togashi and Oda will ever that kind of leverage with Jump. Togashi because he literally gives no fuck and will just stop drawing if threatened, and Oda because he prints money.

The Pyu to Fuku guy has a ridiculous contract too, apparently.

But since it's Jump no way will the editors ever let a cancelled series come back (except Rising Impact).

Double Arts was short enough in its cancellation that I could see a reboot/reimagination working.

And well, there's Shaman King... though that's another case of craziness.

It's amazing how Takei refuses to let go of what gets canned, and is stubbornly continuing on with them with Jumbor, SK's full ending and now the Flowers.

Lain

It's amazing how Takei refuses to let go of what gets canned, and is stubbornly continuing on with them with Jumbor, SK's full ending and now the Flowers.

I'm glad he marches on (he knows he has an international audience!). Jumbor is leaving me a bit cold, but Shaman King Flowers is shaping up so good.

Mortemis

Banned
Reboot Double arts? More than down for that, please jump/Komi

Soma 83

Handholding... shameless...
OHErZ.png

Best chapter in a while, you see how good a chapter can be when it focuses on two interesting characters. More Soma/Erina friendship development pls.

Soma

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki 19-20

I love how enthusiastic he is about wanting to get the word out there. Dude gives absolutely no fucks about any sort of height complex between the two of them or the fact that despite all the guys in his class that tend to mock her because of her height, he's all for the relationship even if it makes him seem weird to them as a result.

In some ways this is giving me some 14-sai no Koi vibes.

Chariot

Komi said in the one-shot collection book that he would do Double Arts again he if was given the chance to when Nisekoi finishes.

But since it's Jump no way will the editors ever let a cancelled series come back (except Rising Impact).
If that happens, I would be so happy. Even if not - Komi Naoshi has plenty of amazing one shots that could be amazing series. I would love to see a continuation of 'Island'.

Usobuko

Banned
To be fair, Nisekoi is quite decent as a rom-com. His art is suitable for the genre too.

Any recs for Fuyumi Soryo work? Taiyou no Ijiwaru was quite a good collection of short stories.

Soma 83

That Head Chef making a return plus Erina help = Fatherly connections being exposed

That smile scene and that taste fee being converted to manga fee
Lol chapter through out

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Love so life 1

Alright, going to attempt this again.

Hopefully this time I won't suffer a near death experience induced by sugar overload.

Zweizer

Banned
Does anyone have the gif of a live action or something where a girl runs while brandishing her fist and punches a guy very far (high school setting I think)? I remember it being hilariously bad and wanted to show it to a friend.

Jintor

i really don't know what it is about japanese tv that makes me hate it so much more than western tv

maybe just the sheer amount of crap on the screen

Chariot

i really don't know what it is about japanese tv that makes me hate it so much more than western tv

I did only seen adaption shows, but I disliked how much they try to keep manga tropes in the shows. Stuff that works in manga don't necessary work with real humans, especially with a seemingly tight budget for special effects.

And sometimes they definitely just don't care at all, like Luna in Sailor Moon.

Jintor

I can't decide if the picture-in-picture reaction thing pisses me off more than the obnoxious japanese text that pops up everywhere. At least it's good for reading practice

Chariot

I wish we had a comment system on videos like that (with the option to disable it, of course). I think it would be fun. I love reading the comments of people in the middle of soundcloud songs.

Quasar

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 16 - what a terrible person. Sure this was known but seeing again in your face like that...gah.

Namaikizakari! 1-5 - been a while since I've read a love fight like this. I guess Maid-sama.

dramatis

Shokugeki no Soma 83

They should introduce Erina to Yumeno Sakiko's works.

That said, Alice is so much better than Erina. If there's ever a team cook-off, I'd like her to be on the same team as Soma, the two of them would just be the most chill team ever.

Soma 83

Erina so best. doujins incoming.

Itoshi no Karin 16

I'm feeling the same type of feelings a certain other manga made me feel.

is Horiizumi Inco one of Seo Kouji's pseudonyms?

Akame ga KILL! 52

Esdese cover page oh god oh god oh god

Usobuko

Banned

Lack of subtlety.

I can't stand Japanese tv/movies either but I'll confess I don't venture much before the mainstream shows.

Shengar

Lack of subtlety.

I can't stand Japanese tv/movies either but I'll confess I don't venture much before the mainstream shows.

The lowest common denominator of Japanese fiction have absolute horrible lack of subtlety compared to other part of the world counterpart. But the top gun stuffs are mostly the same (read: good) when the author know how to deal with subtlety.

Jintor

J-horror is usually pretty subtle compared to western counterparts.

yeah, you get the occasional standout example of whatever genre in anime as well. I can't determine if it's just sturgeon's law or if standard Japanese directorial sensibilities are just too alien to me

Shengar

J-horror is usually pretty subtle compared to western counterparts.

Asia horror stuffs are much more subtle than western one, that kinda obvious considering the culture of the supernatural.

yeah, you get the occasional standout example of whatever genre in anime as well. I can't determine if it's just sturgeon's law or if standard Japanese directorial sensibilities are just too alien to me

I say it's the sturgeon law, but due to unknown reason, we rarely get 10% stuffs.

Mob Psycho 66
Courage! Not to be confused with the dog and Dimple's reaction is perfect.

UQ Holder! 46
Hacker, of magic and physics and an immortal.

Nickelodeon 37
So short but damn, that was powerful.

Double Arts was short enough in its cancellation that I could see a reboot/reimagination working.

And well, there's Shaman King... though that's another case of craziness.

That's great news. Komi is incredibly talented.

Takei just wills his serializations into existence. I mean Jumbor originally lasted as long as Tokyo Wonder Boys. Can't wait for the rest of my Shaman King to come in!

zeromcd73

Thought this was pretty interesting. So an author that draws ero-manga drew a 3 page little comic about being an erotic artist. The main thing to take away from it is two things. One is that there are lots of women that draw ero-manga; with more than 50% of the series in a single magazine are done by women.

And the second that all of the editors who work at the ero-manga publishing companies hit on the female authors... a lot and that they don't hold back on the sexual harassment.

Here are two of the pages, nothing graphical or NSFW except maybe in the first one on the bottom left with the girl holding a dildo in her hand.
http://i.imgur.com/0zCxoJr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2piIHac.jpg

Shengar

I've read the translated stuffs before. Though I'm not surprised hearing that many of ero manga artists are female.
Maybe it because I know Udon-Ya is a middle aged woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom