• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 28

I would be so pissed if I was the MC during all that. Everything going as expected though, and we're getting two chapters next week.

kadotsu

Banned
I feel so bad. The whole world seem to have seen the movie and I still have to wait at least two days before I runs in germany @.@
And even then, I have to wait, because everyone and their mother and their mother's mother will storm into the cinemas and I don't want to punch little children.

I'm going to have to wait until 1st of September because that's the first showing of the original language version in my town.

Horimiya 40

zNNzqPO.png

Don't worry, I'm sure someone on the Internet will think of you as a girl.

dani_dc

Fuuka 28

Tama must really have nothing on her head revealing herself like that in the midst of an hungry mob. I'll give her points for guts though.

I do hope that the concert ends cancelled anyway due to a riot, but I guess there was never any chance of that to begin with. Guess we'll see Fuuka catch the ears of that international lady next week.

Horimiya 40

zNNzqPO.png

Don't worry, I'm sure someone on the Internet will think of you as a girl.

You'd think it would be easier to find some gender-bender art when the male character looks like a female to begin with.

Quasar

Fuuka 28

Tama must really have nothing on her head revealing herself like that in the midst of an hungry mob. I'll give her points for guts though.

I do hope that the concert ends cancelled anyway due to a riot, but I guess there was never any chance of that to begin with. Guess we'll see Fuuka catch the ears of that international lady next week.

Well I guess Tama felt forced to do something to stop the crowd from attacking Yuu's sisters. At this stage it seems like it worked.

dani_dc

Well I guess Tama felt forced to do something to stop the crowd from attacking Yuu's sisters. At this stage it seems like it worked.

That is true, though while it might sound like the "right" thing to do she just risk the creation of a bigger commotion, still I suppose her heart was in the right place.

Really though, with the way the event was shaping up to be she really should had went with security or directly to the backstage.

I suppose trying to make things better and making then worse seems to be her thing.

Quasar

That is true, though while it might sound like the "right" thing to do she just risk the creation of a bigger commotion, still I suppose her heart was in the right place.

Really though, with the way the event was shaping up to be she really should had went with security or directly to the backstage.

I suppose trying to make things better and making then worse seems to be her thing.

Thats one thing. A complete absence of event security. Especially given the buzz/hype for the event. They would get in the way of drama/plot though.

zeromcd73

Alrighty, early Sumo spoiler gave us the names of the three new series starting in Jump:

#1 Judos
Bc9Qds-CUAAl4uc.jpg

A manga about Judo written by the same dude that did Retsu Date-senpai. Considering he is the creator of that crappy series, and the fact that he tried to make the name of his series the plural of Judo, I have little hopes for this series.

#2 Hi-Fi Cluster

Super powers battle manga with the protag being an old dude. The robot behind him looks kinda cool. Has not have a previous serialization before.

#3 Sporting Salt
99ec93d59cf5316bb6ae3d6634fd6581.jpg

A manga about sports and a doctor... Also probably has romance.

Zweizer

Banned
Alrighty, early Sumo spoiler gave us the names of the three new series starting in Jump:

#1 Judos
#2 Hi-Fi Cluster
#3 Sporting Salt

What's with all the sports series? Sporting Salt huh? The author knew what they were doing, I just know it.

Hi-Fi Cluster looks pretty good, but with the protagonist being an old guy I can't see it living long in WSJ.

Akito

Sporting Salt

Decided to check this out since people were calling it awful.
They were right. This is some of the worst art I've seen in Jump in a long time. You have to fuck up pretty bad to make World Trigger look good.
Yeah I don't see this becoming a series.
Sporting Salt

Or Sports Doctor Smut

I feel like I'm taking a sports medicine course reading this.

I guess the premise is interesting, but I can't see it lasting long with all that medical talk going on.
Sporting Salt - The art is rough but there's some kind of charm somewhere in that if it was cleaned up a lot. The tone of this is all over the place, though. This probably would've been better off with more seriousness throughout rather than being so silly.
Sporting Salt

If this was an attempt at releasing the worst manga of the year then Jump just won.
Sporting Salt

Wow...

I didn't think this would be THAT bad.
Sporting Salt

RIP WSJ. 1968-2013.
It's the combination of every bad tendency in recent Jump series, executed with the skill of a high school manga club.
Sporting Salt

The ugly, angular art made the constant fanservice really jarring. The actual plot of the one-shot was really by-the-numbers too. Almost completely without substance.
Sporting Salt

I made it 6 pages before I closed it
Sporting Salt
Couldn't finish reading it because of its weird tits.
Truly a work of art.

Revo

Hifi cluster looks the most interesting, although it depends on how he is as a character.

lol at those salt impressions.

seems like wsj can't land a series to save itself.

Zweizer

Banned
They're probably hoping for the judo one to do as well as the sumo manga.

No idea about this sudden popularity of Japanese sports. I wonder which one they'll do next. Kendo?

dramatis

#1 Judos
A manga about Judo written by the same dude that did Retsu Date-senpai. Considering he is the creator of that crappy series, and the fact that he tried to make the name of his series the plural of Judo, I have little hopes for this series.

#2 Hi-Fi Cluster
Super powers battle manga with the protag being an old dude. The robot behind him looks kinda cool. Has not have a previous serialization before.

#3 Sporting Salt
A manga about sports and a doctor... Also probably has romance.
Smells like disaster. The Judos mangaka hasn't improved his art I suppose.

They already did, it was called Kurogane and lasted 8 volumes.
I'm surprised it lasted 8 volumes really, Kurogane was almost in bottom 5 all the time.

Usobuko

Banned
All these Kurogane talk reminds me of Hikaru no Go.

I remember buying Vol.23 which is the last volume as my intro the series. I just want to see what it was about and I was kinda shocked that the last arc was little kids playing the game ( Hikaru and Akira first battle where Sai noticed Akira potential ). I threw away the book immediately which cost me $5 after reading it. Correct my mistake a few years later after watching the first few episodes of the anime and move on to manga from there. Love this ost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahADi-9aO-g

Not sure if posted, but rumor going around 2ch that Sporting Salt might be one of the new serializations. Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if posted, but rumor going around 2ch that Sporting Salt might be one of the new serializations. Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Akito's been lamenting over it.

Assassination Classroom 100

Well, who would've guessed flower guy was the assassin?

At least Bitch-sensei is still okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom