• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach Volume 1 [chapter 1-7]

So Bleach was always the manga out of the big 3 that I was the most interested in. It's the type of serious/gritty that I can get into. Cool back story, fun cast of characters, awesome Bankai etc.

I watched the anime up until about episode 50 or so, right before the filler I think but got side-tracked.

Anyway. The first volume is really strong with Ichigo's introduction to the Hollows and the work of a Soul Reaper.

I was always more of a Rukia fan than an Orihime fan, but reading the manga I think my choice will be a bit more difficult this time around. Rukia looks a bit more goofy in this, although I assume the art will improve over time.

Definitely going to stick with Bleach. Dunno when (if ever) I'll be caught up cos I know it's supposed to end soon-ish(?).

I'll give One Piece and Naruto a go, at least for a volume or 2. I'm more interested in One Piece than Naruto, however, so I expect to drop Naruto.

wonzo

Banned
Hirameki Hatsume-chan 19-20
hiramekihatsume19.png

This is uh… shockingly relevant to the thread title (& comic) and where it originates from. lmao

OPM 47v3

blahblah murate blahblah :bow :bow

Revo

The Breaker: New Waves 167

Following the golden rule of GoH, no fights=bad chapter.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 50

Poor Ken-san :(

_hekk05

Banned
Lol I've been reading Hanamizawa Q-taro sensei's Marusei, which is supposedly a memoir of his career. Its highly NSFB.

If this is accurate
lol
, good lord. Who knew mangakas were so popular among women.

I liked his works Rec (NSFB) (and is getting an anime soon or so I hear), Momoiro Sango (NSFB) and Shounen yo Taishi o Dake! (NSFB).

edit: then again, ken akamatsu supposedly has a nekomimi cosplaying wife. I'm jelly

Revo

Haikyuu 114-115

Seems to be a trend that teams in an upswing get an out ball on their comeback strike. Oh well, new opponents!

Also lol at the cheering team.

scy

I think the problem is the novelty wears off eventually, and you now what to expect in the later chapters.

That's part of it too. I more just meant that the first few breathers read (and look, visually) more extreme and more on the perverse side. The ones after are more tame when it gets into bondage and restriction and so-on as opposed to all the exhibition play.

Revo

Nanatsu no Taizai 86

Reading this after Kongou Banchou is a bit weird. But Ban is back! Even though he isn't as good as Hikyou Banchou.

Dear Only You Don't Know 45

Looks like they're getting along~

Haikyuu!! 114 - 115

It would be so weird of Karasuno lost against Wakutaniminami, would he be that daring and bold to do it?

I fully expect it to be an arc that will last awhile, simply for if he is going to give tons of attention to the Aobajosai Dateko match, I hope.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himouto! Umaru-chan

Its weird having Umaru in the inside Umaru outfit while in outside Umaru form. I suppose that's how you could tell she wasn't going to like the manga cafe, though.

Rhapsody

Banned
I watched the anime up until about episode 50 or so, right before the filler I think but got side-tracked.
That's probably a good place to stop.
I was always more of a Rukia fan than an Orihime fan, but reading the manga I think my choice will be a bit more difficult this time around. Rukia looks a bit more goofy in this, although I assume the art will improve over time.
Orihime's good in comedy. Rukia's good in everything though.
Definitely going to stick with Bleach. Dunno when (if ever) I'll be caught up cos I know it's supposed to end soon-ish(?).
You really are a masochist.

bigkrev

So Bleach was always the manga out of the big 3 that I was the most interested in. It's the type of serious/gritty that I can get into. Cool back story, fun cast of characters, awesome Bankai etc.

Anyway. The first volume is really strong with Ichigo's introduction to the Hollows and the work of a Soul Reaper.

I'll give One Piece and Naruto a go, at least for a volume or 2. I'm more interested in One Piece than Naruto, however, so I expect to drop Naruto.

Funny, that's where I stopped watching the anime as well!
Of the big 3, Bleach has by far the best first volume. It's interesting right from the start- Naruto takes till Zabuza, and Early One Piece took me years to slog through before it gets interesting.

I pretty much consider Bleach "completed" as soon as the Soul Society arc ends.

Big One

Banned

The first few volumes of Bleach are my favorite in the entire series. Soul Society is decent and everything else after that...dont' expect much, is all I can say. To it's credit, due to the nature of the fights in the series reading an entire volume will take you about 5 minutes on average.

I'd stay far away from Naruto, it's pretty much awful outside of the first two arcs or so. The Sasuke arc is just so awful and forced and full of emo garbage and it gets even worse than that as the series goes on.

as for One Piece, I didn't really hit my stride with it till CP9 arc which is a pretty good ways off. However, it pays off for you for the most part as when you hit CP9 arc you realize how important everything before it was to the actual plot and story as a whole. Then One Piece really opens up and becomes this really huge and massive setting that is still till this day probably the best world building in the adventure manga genre.

Funny, that's where I stopped watching the anime as well!
Of the big 3, Bleach has by far the best first volume. It's interesting right from the start- Naruto takes till Zabuza, and Early One Piece took me years to slog through before it gets interesting.

I pretty much consider Bleach "completed" as soon as the Soul Society arc ends.

Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura were great though especially that whole volume on Grimmjow fight, and animated at least had some of the best fights. I cant wait to reach it in this fourth rewatch currently.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 131

I liked Haru a lot more when she hated Raku, with that said, sounds like a Haru focused chapter is coming so I can't hate that.

I "love" how the main cast is a year older at this point then when the series started but they look exactly the same, while the first year students look younger than the main cast did at the start of the series.

I guess new generations just keep getting younger while older ones stagnate in growth.

so should bleach have ended with aizen?

Naw, there were some unanswered questions at that point like with the Soul King, Squad 0 and the Quincies.

That's what this arc is answering now so it should end after this. And I think this arc is actually pretty decent (been in a bit of a slog for some chapters now, but it started pretty good)

scy

Nisekoi 131

I liked Haru a lot more when she hated Raku, with that said, sounds like a Haru focused chapter is coming so I can't hate that.

I "love" how the main cast is a year older at this point then when the series started but they look exactly the same, while the first year students look younger than the main cast did at the start of the series.

I guess new generations just keep getting younger while older ones stagnate in growth.

Quite the commentary on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom