• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayachine! 04

IJkdLbx.png

These kids are adorable.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 6

You know for a guy who gets shitted on a constant basis by almost everyone, he's really a nice guy.

Like he could have just flipped the bird and basically go "Fuck all of you", and I would not have condemn him or anything.

upandaway

Aqua v1

This manga has the most subtle detail and worldbuilding I've ever seen. It hides just how much there is in there, and there's a lot. They can just nonchalantly pass by a dude, and it might take a page, but it feels like an entire dimension was added to the manga right there in the little things. That also has the effect of making it read pretty slowly, which just makes it feel that much more relaxing and atmospheric.

I'm so happy when I read this

Psychic Force Comic Anthology 1-4 (END)

EryTXOl.jpg

dat nostalgia. It's hilarious how half the stories are about Emilio's kindness when he turns into a fully fledged psychopath in the game's sequel. Speaking of, this would've been more entertaining if it'd included the characters from PF2012, since the original cast doesn't have much meat to it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Aqua v1

This manga has the most subtle detail and worldbuilding I've ever seen. It hides just how much there is in there, and there's a lot. They can just nonchalantly pass by a dude, and it might take a page, but it feels like an entire dimension was added to the manga right there in the little things. That also has the effect of making it read pretty slowly, which just makes it feel that much more relaxing and atmospheric.

I'm so happy when I read this

I knew it that you had good taste...

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi 1-6

The only reason I started reading this is because of the author -- Sanbe Kei. Yesterday I read Hohzuki Island and its follow-up Moryo no Yurikago and enjoyed them immensely. I feel the author really knows how to craft likable and interesting characters and it's the case here as well. The re-runs are an interesting concept and I look forward to seeing where the story goes.

Hohzuki Island and Moryo no Yurikago

These are both mystery-suspense thrillers that take place within the same universe. One of the characters appears in both stories. They're both the right length and doesn't ever feel slow or bogged-down.

Furyous

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 6

You know for a guy who gets shitted on a constant basis by almost everyone, he's really a nice guy.

Like he could have just flipped the bird and basically go "Fuck all of you", and I would not have condemn him or anything.

Did you read the second chapter? Imjustsayin............

dani_dc

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 15

Only character I care about and she's gone.
Will continue reading for the entertainment value though.

Nozomu Nozomi 9

..........................................................................................okay!

no, sorry, false alarm. not okay.

that was practically hentai! i wasn't ready for this!

my innocent soul was exposed to a weird subgenre of hentai in the form of mid-sex genderbending. that was kinda weird man.

I'm starting to suspect that this manga is actually a bit weird.

It was just a dream! Nothing wrong with dreaming!

Akame Ga Kill 1-52

I managed to finish reading this one in 2 days. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that at some point in the next few chapters Mein/Main/Mine wtf ever
is probably gonna die. Way too many death flags keep springing up around her. I suppose that'll finely give Tatsumi his amazing power up or some such business. I bring up power ups because he really hasn't done too much except get roffle stomped a lot
. Not sure how committed I wanna be on a monthly release series though, but I'll stick around for the r̶i̶d̶i̶c̶u̶l̶o̶u̶s̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ the highly intriguing story line for now.

Main/Mein/MinexTatsumi feels too forced though on a lighter note. Needs more Esdeath or Akame imho.

Mein runs on Death Flags, people have been saying her and Rabac are next on the chopping block for a long time.

I'm not really sure who's next
now that Syura is out of the way, I guess that Samurai guy and the other Wild Hunt members

kasane

Mein runs on Death Flags, people have been saying her and Rabac are next on the chopping block for a long time.

now that Syura is out of the way, I guess that Samurai guy and the other Wild Hunt members

everybody dies except takumi and akame

fucking meant tatsumi

Lubbock/Rabac(?) (christ these fucking names) deserves a fucking heroes welcome with many virgins. Dude got his fucking right testicle crushed for Night Raid. That takes balls no pun intended. Mine however has been one of my least favorite characters since I started reading. I'm not a fan of Tsundere's. The only thing interesting about her is Pumpkin in my opinion.

I figured that the Wild Hunt would get folded into the Jaegars at some point though on the real. Seems like it might set up that way. I mean you gotta combine Esdeath and Suzuka somehow right?

Lubbock/Rabac(?) (christ these fucking names) deserves a fucking heroes welcome with many virgins. Dude got his fucking right testicle crushed for Night Raid. That takes balls no pun intended. Mine however has been one of my least favorite characters since I started reading. I'm not a fan of Tsundere's. The only thing interesting about her is Pumpkin in my opinion.

I figured that the Wild Hunt would get folded into the Jaegars at some point though on the real. Seems like it might set up that way. I mean you gotta combine Esdeath and Suzuka somehow right?

That might be true, Jaegers are pretty much wiped out now and so is Wild Hunt. Although Wild Hunt seems more nuts then Wave, Kurome and Esdese. Suzuka is the reverse-Esdese hardcore M right? Is she even still alive or did Esdese crush her head in two chapters ago along with the idol girl when they were trying to get busy with Tatsumi?
In any case there's some super new group being formed somewhere. I bet Budou or whatever the toppest brass guys name is has a group or something.

dani_dc

I swear Mein will keep getting death flags and surviving. At this point I wouldn't be shocked seeing her somehow surviving an Esdese confrontation.

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! 66

Timely chapter with one week to go before going back to college.

Gunjou Senki 02

Yes, we know the main character is not used to war. I'm sure that's already been established, so can we just skip the development moments already, cause it's not enjoyable to read.

That might be true, Jaegers are pretty much wiped out now and so is Wild Hunt. Although Wild Hunt seems more nuts then Wave, Kurome and Esdese. Suzuka is the reverse-Esdese hardcore M right? Is she even still alive or did Esdese crush her head in two chapters ago along with the idol girl when they were trying to get busy with Tatsumi?
In any case there's some super new group being formed somewhere. I bet Budou or whatever the toppest brass guys name is has a group or something.

Yeah Suzuka is the Masochist from the Four Rakshasa demons. I don't think death was implied when she got her head slammed into the wall by Esdeath. Seemed more comic relief then anything else. Its "up in the air" for the most part (I highly doubt it).

I swear Mein will keep getting death flags and surviving. At this point I wouldn't be shocked seeing her somehow surviving an Esdese confrontation.

Nah bud she's dead like everyone else has been saying. It's just a matter of time at this point. I think its just taken this long cause they want it to have more impact on Tatsumi. This manga isn't quite that awesome at subtlety. The author is basically brute forcing things in your face lol.

To sum it up:

Mein is a walking corpse.

We're just waiting to find out how she's done in.

Charade

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 15

Rip. These transfer students are pretty interesting.

The Princess' Mirror 4

Of course she's rich :D

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
That was... random. Seems like a mod really likes you. You should try and find who was it to negotiate changing it to Nickelodeon!

It's apparently published here so I could always get the localization~

Either the mod like me, or really hate me :p

=======================================================

Gakuen Dangerous 15

Rest in peace Pichi Pichi Bitch.
I wonder what's going to happen next? Will there be more sperm?

Reader 1-2

So, um. yeah. think of soul switching, but the girl still have her conciousness.
It's lewd.

Eroge no Taiyou 3

Why can't i hold all that dicks?

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 5

Kid just can't win this!

Usobuko

Banned
Now that Claymore is fated to end, I don't think it's impossible for the Norihiro Yagi do to another story regarding the main island using a new protagonist and with occasional appearance of Clare and co.

kasane

Now that Claymore is fated to end, I don't think it's impossible for the Norihiro Yagi do to another story regarding the main island using a new protagonist and with occasional appearance of Clare and co.

its not impossible but i think its improbable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom