• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

This thread improved.

iftBpXe7TYQh9.gif

Wiseblade

You all sicken me.

Nisekoi is so bad that I skip over it in Jump International. I'm paying for it, it's downloaded to my tablet every week and I still choose not to read it.

AND I READ WORLD TRIGGER.

Nisekoi 1

kgyUbwS.png

He is talking really of the struggle of reading this mediocre romcom. 2meta 4you.

So full of trops
-School setting with protagonist who is heir of a yakuza clan but he just wants to be a normal guy.
-First meeting with "the mysterious girl" being a literal clash, and she runs away before knowing more.
-And she was the new transfer student, but of course!
-Friendly, nice, familiar girl vs sassy, somewhat violent, exotic (blond!) girl.
-They start with a fight and a flying punch, opening the door for future tsunderisms.
-Hell, this is worse than Love Hina or Ranma 1/2. In the first chapter he has being hit by her six or seven times!
-That forced setup that will make them start dating in "fake" but surely both will warm up to the other (see last Space Dandy ep for example)

My plan to read the first chapters to pick an avatar is failing, I would suffer less picking one page at random.

Quixzlizx

hey yo Grimace are you up for the Suzuka thing?

A few chapters per week or whatever?

I would do this if I could somehow gain access to the Del Ray volumes, since the scanlations become unbearably bad at some point in the middle. I'd even be willing to buy them or pay for shipping to borrow them.

Wiseblade

Is World Trigger that bad.

It's not. I'm just suffering from arc fatigue. I guess my issue with World Trigger is that it's got the ingredients for a really good Hard Sci-Fi series, but will never become that because it's a WSJ manga. So it'll be totally satisfied to be a half-decent action series with some interesting fights and a mild Sci-Fi gimmick.

It's not. I'm just suffering from arc fatigue. I guess my issue with World Trigger is that it's got the ingredients for a really good Hard Sci-Fi series, but will never become that because it's a WSJ manga. So it'll be totally satisfied to be a half-decent action series with some interesting fights and a mild Sci-Fi gimmick.

Would you say that the Art looks a bit generic.

they need to expand out of their town

they've been stuck there for too long

Wow at the lowered quality of some these avatars~

I wonder what happened~

bU5v6ML.png

Shokugeki no Soma 85.1

Stop it Meat.

I've already convinced myself since the first chapter that only one girl has any chance of winning the Somabowl.

And that girl isn't you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 85.1

Stop it Meat.

I've already convinced myself since the first chapter that only one girl has any chance of winning the Somabowl.

And that girl isn't you.

Erina is going to be telling Souma his dish misses the point and she wants him to fail like 10 years into their marriage.

upandaway

Still no one who made the joke of picking an avatar from Iinazuke Kyoutei. I guess I shouldn't have expected that...

I'm officially 20 years old now, yay.
I hope you'll be the birthdayest of birthdays and also happy sometimes.

Hajiotsu 13

That went better than expected. It's only logical that high fives are an extension or sub-variety of handshakes, I thought this was common knowledge.

RIP for more releases, I seriously doubt anyone else will pick this up. Hopeful though.

Wiseblade

Would you say that the Art looks a bit generic.
The art isn't bad and I like some of the colour pages, but I can totally understand the opinion that it is unremarkable. The character designs are pretty grounded which I typically hate in something with lots of characters. Everyone sort of ends up looking too similar. I give WT a pass because grounded designs suit the Sci-Fi theme it reaches for.
they need to expand out of their town

they've been stuck there for too long

what comes first: Eren reaching the Basement, or Osamu leaving Earth?

Bonus: Or Guts reaching Elf Island

so i guess shonen wednesday is back lol

One Piece
Fujitora seems like a pretty cool guy.
Doflamingo needs to be taken down

Naruto
Sad how all the Kages disappear, I kind of wish we had gotten more of an insight into the 1st Hokage's mind. It's also really neat how all the tailed beasts are free now, and can do w/e they want, and I really like how Naruto connects them all, and I'm glad Kurama is sticking with Naruto too. Shit though at Sasuke still evil, I guess Naruto needs an excuse to fight him though, but there's a week off, NO!!!

Kick Sasuke's ass Naruto.

Bleach

so are kensei and rose dead or not?
Why is Mayuri so OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom