• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
I dunno, I love how Haru is now. I usually hate the types of characters that just get in the way of love interests (but I guess AMG's Skuld is an exception). The little sister actually supporting and having stuff backfire is pretty amusing.

VRMN

Nisekoi 131

I liked Haru a lot more when she hated Raku, with that said, sounds like a Haru focused chapter is coming so I can't hate that.

I "love" how the main cast is a year older at this point then when the series started but they look exactly the same, while the first year students look younger than the main cast did at the start of the series.

I guess new generations just keep getting younger while older ones stagnate in growth.
Heh. Honestly, I find her attempts to "get over him" amusing in their futility. Partly because they haven't overplayed it (yet), partly because in a manga that specializes in reaction faces, hers have been my favorite.

kasane

No. Bleach just needs to be what's done to Dragonball Kai, only do it to the manga.

Yes, but hundreds of chapters earlier. Honestly, if they
had Ichigo losing his abilities after finally rescuing Rukia, it would've been one of my favorites from Jump.

Naw, there were some unanswered questions at that point like with the Soul King, Squad 0 and the Quincies.

That's what this arc is answering now so it should end after this. And I think this arc is actually pretty decent (been in a bit of a slog for some chapters now, but it started pretty good)
bleach really gives out a wide range of opinions. I always thought they could have don a small arc to wrap up the whole thing after aizen
I think that would have made a perfect end, but then we wouldnt have gotten Harukaze and Re:pray which are Scandal's and Aimer's (especially the other song on that soundtrack, Pokerface cover) best songs.
i like aimers rokutousei no yoru best tho

I can never bring myself to hate Bleach, I've been reading it for so long (probably since after Soul Society ended to now) and even during the rough periods which is pretty much everything after that but especially Hueco Mundo and Karakura Town, there was enough there to keep me engaged.

Also the threads on a certain imageboard during those days were hilarious. That certainly helped.
Speculation was pretty hilarious/fun too.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's unfortunate that I didn't like Hueco Mundo or fake Karakura Town. Too much of a repeat in Hueco Mundo, and the arrancars and espada weren't interesting outside of a few. I didn't like how one espada was taken down from a power up that would only tie into a Bleach movie.

If Kubo condensed those arcs in half by drawing smaller panels, I think the pacing would've been a lot better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach needs Aizen. The Quincies are shit bad-guys. They have horrible designs, their motives are mostly dumb and they aren't entertaining the way Aizen is. They don't even do fucking Quincy shit.

kasane

well aizen was also the typical shonen evil guy who does things cause he thinks hes special

All in all my opinions of early bleach was shonen done right. Got worse as time went on

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bleach needs Aizen. The Quincies are shit bad-guys. They have horrible designs, their motives are mostly dumb and they aren't entertaining the way Aizen is. They don't even do fucking Quincy shit.

All this is just buildup for Aizen's glorious return.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
well aizen was also the typical shonen evil guy who does things cause he thinks hes special

All in all my opinions of early bleach was shonen done right. Got worse as time went on

Most of the Quincies look like they had their appearances decided by throwing darts at a board. Or they're employees of a Neo-Nazi strip club.

I haven't found a new comic I like yet so I've been rereading Hunter X Hunter. I forgot how explicit this stuff was for shonen. Rape, dead children, sexual coercion, torture, child soldiers. It can get pretty horrifying. It's one of those things Togashi kind of slides in from the real world for older readers to notice if they're paying attention.

dani_dc

Quite the commentary on life.

Nisekoi hidden depth cannot be understated.

I dunno, I love how Haru is now. I usually hate the types of characters that just get in the way of love interests (but I guess AMG's Skuld is an exception). The little sister actually supporting and having stuff backfire is pretty amusing.

Heh. Honestly, I find her attempts to "get over him" amusing in their futility. Partly because they haven't overplayed it (yet), partly because in a manga that specializes in reaction faces, hers have been my favorite.

Her previous attitude allowed her to stand out more from the rest of the cast, plus I feel we had more opportunities to see her amusing faces (which are also my favorite) whenever she reacted to just seeing Raku.

Yep, all of these new characters are fucking garbage.

Please bring back the true boss since he's at least entertaining.

kasane

Better yet a new villain thats actually good

If aizen had a hand in this ( which was implied? i don't really remember ), hes basically the god of bleach already and Ichigo won't stop receiving new powers

Better yet a new villain thats actually good

If aizen had a hand in this ( which was implied? i don't really remember ), hes basically the god of bleach already and Ichigo won't stop receiving new powers

Aizen has a hand in goddamn everything.

He will be back sometime soon. He didn't use his Bankai (but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "since when were you under the impression I was not using my Bankai" for that) and he has beef with the Soul King.

And at the beginning of the arc the big bad and Aizen already met up, and Yhwach offered to free him but Aizen refused and also messed with his perception of time. So he's probably plotting something in his chair. Or maybe Momo was sitting in it allllll alonggggg

aizen should just be the sould king

I think that was his goal. At least getting rid of him was. In any case, he knows stuff and that's reason enough for him to come back for infodumps. I doubt Urahara will say shit.

BUT WHERE IS GRIMMJOW KUBO

he didn't but the main bad guy wanted him to be involved (to which he declined). Also its possible he might have done something since he apparently trolled the main bad with some subtle illusion trick or whatever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
he didn't but the main bad guy wanted him to be involved (to which he declined). Also its possible he might have done something since he apparently trolled the main bad with some subtle illusion trick or whatever.

He's totally pretending to be the second in command and is going to make the reveal Vince McMahon style. It's been me all along!

Nana to Karou 17-18

Adding in a tomboy to the mix?

zrDHVkV.jpg

Furyous

The Breaker: Dem Waves

9AD figured out what was going on and it looks like we're getting him versus Shi-Hoon sooner than later. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Wallman

This is violent but I like it.

Tale of Eun Aran

Another manga about a kid randomly becoming a martial arts master. DUDEBROS EVERYWHERE WON.

Ore Ga Ojou Sama Gakkou Ni &...

A school for wealthy women abducts a nerd and forces him to educate nobles with his commoner ways under the pretense that he's gay. LOL...

Momomoke Restaurant

I'm just here for the fluffy animals. This manga has comedic redeeming qualities.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
nobody would be surprised

I know, we've all been predicting this for over a year or so now. The only thing that makes this series worth reading is the trolling, which isn't even the best trolling--that's Aiki--but Aizen's great anyway.

upandaway

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";121641370]I haven't found a new comic I like yet so I've been rereading Hunter X Hunter. I forgot how explicit this stuff was for shonen. Rape, dead children, sexual coercion, torture, child soldiers. It can get pretty horrifying. It's one of those things Togashi kind of slides in from the real world for older readers to notice if they're paying attention.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember you posting in the anime OT so I hope you're watching that too. I couldn't believe my eyes when they didn't censor the human dogs in the Chimera Ant. Hell they went EVEN FURTHER than the manga with Ponzu. Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom