• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kxrvtl.png

huehue

I had to google what this was

good lord zweizer. so lewd.

Bleach vol. 2 [ch. 8-16]

Not as strong as the opening volume, but still good. Soul Society is still a while away from what I can remember.

I enjoyed the Parakeet story a little more in the anime with the voice acting, but mod soul was still funny.

Mumei

If anyone was interested in getting Monster and couldn't because the previous volumes were out of print, the first volume of the new collection is out:

613j0frItOL.jpg

71YJYSKaSlL.jpg

Bsq2EtVCQAIiOKM.jpg:large

Two volumes in one. New volume every three months... wish it was every two months but I'll take it!

Zweizer

Banned
If anyone was interested in getting Monster and couldn't because the previous volumes were out of print, the first volume of the new collection is out:

Two volumes in one. New volume every three months... wish it was every two months but I'll take it!

Wait, it wasn't available everywhere else? The French version of Monster had this double-volume collection for years.

bjork

I'm actually interested in this, because I sold off my original set before I could finish it. I just don't know that my local bookstore will keep up, and I'm always kinda iffy on ordering manga online. My mailman likes to damage things for whatever reason, but I might have to take a shot with this. The combining covers thing is really cool.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Girls Go Around 10
Kagerou days/Groundhog days with moe girls

Jitsu wa watashi 26
Density level: harem protagonist

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 51
Never use shojo manga for reference. exception: ore monogatari, learn how to be your best friend bro.

Mumei

I'm actually interested in this, because I sold off my original set before I could finish it. I just don't know that my local bookstore will keep up, and I'm always kinda iffy on ordering manga online. My mailman likes to damage things for whatever reason, but I might have to take a shot with this. The combining covers thing is really cool.

You should buy manga from InStockTrades. They have excellent shipping (it's not fast, but they package it really well and I've never had anything damaged even heavy items that are apt to get crushed corners from shifting around), and very good prices; these new volumes are retailing for $20 and they're selling it for $14. They sell most manga for 30 - 45% off, actually.

bjork

You should buy manga from InStockTrades. They have excellent shipping (it's not fast, but they package it really well and I've never had anything damaged even heavy items that are apt to get crushed corners from shifting around), and very good prices; these new volumes are retailing for $20 and they're selling it for $14. They sell most manga for 30 - 45% off, actually.

First I've heard of this site, looks pretty nice. Lots of selection, too. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

_hekk05

Banned
New serialisation: みこみみみみこ aka Miko Mimi Mimiko, by いしとゆうら (ishito yuura)

Serialised in YOUNG GANGAN

About mikos and their purification shenanigans. It's like a battle shounen with only mikos.

TL note: miko means priestess

Also muscles

Zweizer

Banned

About mikos and their purification shenanigans. It's like a battle shounen with only mikos.

Rather tame, aside from a scene with an ogre in bondage (which was for comedic purposes). "Battle shounen, only with mikos" sums it up for the first chapter.

TL note: miko means priestess

Also muscles

Something about the art is off to me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bambino Secondo end [not published in NA)
Well, that's a wrap . Just like the 1st part, the secondo first half focus on realistic aspect of managing a restaurant with higher stakes. The later part then goes a bit wacky with wise waiters that can attracts many visitor alone, a rival restaurant that have totally evil dude managing it, kung-fu fighting, and all that. Even with all that, i still enjoy this manga, and it end on happier note.

Choujin Gakuen 16

4136872117kob.jpg

And the moral of the story is, moms are tough. Or maybe it's eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be runover by a mime riding a giant spike ball. Or alternatively, never get married.

First release in 18 months, which is an absolute crime because this is so freakin' good. Tarou's mom is an awesome new addition to what's already a hilariously zany cast, but she's too op to become a fully fledged party member anytime soon, and I say that even with Oska around. Speaking of the devil, she now has one hell of a rival.

Still curious to see who was responsible for the explosive rampage in the other district. New release before 2016 please.

To Aru Majutsu no Index 65

Cooldown chapter or building up relationships and junk.

I don't even remember what all the fighting was about anymore, lol

scy

If this goes on, scy will one day die for all our sins, while muttering "I'm sorry" over and over.

Or he's secretly Canadian.

as far as I'm aware, not Canadian

nervous tic of always saying sorry due to years of abuse

Or just a thing I say with no deep meaning.

Mumei

Wait, it wasn't available everywhere else? The French version of Monster had this double-volume collection for years.

Not in the United States, unfortunately. We had the normal-sized releases that started coming out in 2006, but after they went out of print we've had nothing until this month.

Zweizer

Banned
Not in the United States, unfortunately. We had the normal-sized releases that started coming out in 2006, but after they went out of print we've had nothing until this month.

That's a shame. I hope you'll enjoy this collection then. I personally really appreciate the colored pages and better quality of paper, although the books are somewhat bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom