• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
So happy~

I've finally found the whole series after much searching. I like Adachi Mitsuru's works the most when he is being prompt, so his short stories is something I feel I must collect. They're second hand, but what can you do. The fourth one is actually the only one I haven't read, so...

Short Program: Girl's Type

From the title I thought it was an assortment of shoujo stories. Turns out it's mostly straightforward, old school shonen romance which aren't really to my liking. Oh well.

Are those supposed to be 4 different girls? Oh Adachi you never change... quite literally.

Nice pick ups. And I have to agree, v4 was the weakest of the bunch. Hopefully there is a 5th one someday as there are some newer oneshots that were never compiled into a volume I think.
Oo, I had feared that the fourth one exhausted his one-shot reserve (and Idol Ace got its own volume, after all). That's good to hear.

Are those supposed to be 4 different girls? Oh Adachi you never change... quite literally.
Ee, at least in this particular instance, I think they're quite varied, considering the medium:
OD4p9Ta.jpg

So I watched all of the tokyo ghoul anime and you guys were right, it was a just a teaser for the manga. Why did I ever doubt you guys....

See this is why I recommend the manga so much. I would never try to tell lies because the manga is fucking amazing. When you do read the manga from the beginning I hope you enjoy it. Also the art improves drastically after chapter 50 or 60.

Here are Tweets from Ishida Sui the author of Tokyo Ghoul.

"With chapter 143 the title known as Tokyo Ghoul is finished. It's not officially stated in the weekly young jump issue so I'm telling you now. Thanks to the support of people reading the work with joy the work was able to grow big. Thank you very much. And I apologize for suddenly surprising people with this."

"Originally I was planning on explaining the contents this Thursday on the release of the YJ issue but due to the leak of the contents beforehand I was bombarded with questions. Because there were so many questions to answer I did wonder if I should make an announcement (regarding the chapter being the end), but I felt sorry for those who waited to buy the magazine this thursday and for those who already knew the details but were holding off on asking questions till today, so despite it being heart wrenching for myself I held off on saying anything."

"Because of my resolve to not respond, I couldn't respond back to those who became worried about my health. And that may have resulted in compounded worries. And so again I apologize for that."

"Without warning (or an announcement) many found out about the "series end" through the internet or from the contents of the magazine/chapter itself, which is a factor that I myself caused and made people spend an uneasy time until today, I am truly sorry."

"The forward got a little long but that was the main question. Even before this I've had questions about the manga sent to me via twitter, but usually I wish for all the readers to (as much as possible) enjoy the work equally. And so for questions with answers that would be revealed in the future, I'm sorry but I couldn't really answer them directly. (I did though respond to questions that I thought were like, "well I guess it's alright to answer...")"

"As aforementioned, on the basis I wanted everyone to enjoy the story equally and so questions that arose from readers like, "What happened to this character?" or "What does this mean?" could only be answered within the manga. I would be glad if everyone could understand this."

"Because of personal reasons I couldn't talk in detail and I apologize for that. When the time comes and something or another can be announced it'll be through Young Jump or even the official Tokyo Ghoul website. I'm terribly sorry but if you can please wait a little more I would be glad. Sincerely thanks in advance." - Ishida Sui

Hmmm why would Ishida have a problem talking about his series if it did end and had no continuation. Unless something else is going on and had to do with his contract. But anyways Ishida seems like a pretty nice guy.

Rhapsody

Banned
What was the Shaman King situation?

Series got canceled moments before the final battle. Eventually the series got special volumes (a treatment where old series gets color pages and etc.) And towards the end he got to write out his ending by making the rest of the chapters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
shokugeki wheeeeeeeeeeeeen

Probably Sunday or Monday.
Viz really should put Soma in International Jump, it's the same time of waiting.
Plus, people would actually subscribe.

"But the new series?" The three latest are either shit or bland.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeaaah I know the name sucks...
I would have gone with "Soma's Culinary Battles". It doesn't sound like a 90s "EXTREME" title.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Koe no Katachi 53

holy shit. it's happening.

the next chapter is called "What I Want to Say"

oh my god

yes

"My dick hurt."

I mean, He still got catheter in there....

Please Ishida, say the 'L' word!

Searching for Ishida Sui in google lead me to interesting result. It seem he also draw a webcomic title THE PENISMAN
What if he want to suspend Tokyo Ghoul to publish THE PENISMAN!?

Sorry, need to bold and caps the title. My inner 13 years old takes the better of me :3

Tsukuyote new saga 8

This is like going straight to Lavos in Chrono Trigger!

Starbiter Satsuki

I liked it. A simple one shot that had a nifty idea of a bunch of swords to find each with a different effect. Of course it would probably get stale fast but hey for an one shot it was pretty good.

"My dick hurt."

I mean, He still got catheter in there....

Please Ishida, say the 'L' word!

Searching for Ishida Sui in google lead me to interesting result. It seem he also draw a webcomic title THE PENISMAN
What if he want to suspend Tokyo Ghoul to publish THE PENISMAN!?

Sorry, need to bold and caps the title. My inner 13 years old takes the better of me :3

Tsukuyote new saga 8

This is like going straight to Lavos in Chrono Trigger!

Yeah I was like WTF how did he go from Penisman to Tokyo Ghoul. It just goes to show that an author can improve like drastically.

Lain

For some misguided reason I thought the 7th volume of Wandering Son was the last one, so I was really happy today as I received it. My happiness kinda faded away when I realized that it wasn't the last one and a quick look around told me there are another 8 to go.
At the pace they are released it'll be a long while before I get to see the ending, like 3 years if not 4.
I think it's time I go the other route for it. I'll still pick up the official Fantagraphics releases but 2 volumes a year for a completed series is really way too little and stretching it too damn far.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I think because publisher usually only have contract for a certain volume. When the sale is good, they add another volume to the contract.

Source: local publisher when someone ask why there's a delay for Bakuman vol.6 for about 2-3 months. Their reasoning is what i stated above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom