• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I got stuck in real life, so it's okay to get addicted to an MMO, right? ch9

Meh. I have to wonder why in all these MMO mangas, there aren't any that depicts them correctly (no expressions or accurate body language, gratuitous use of slangs, little interactivity, etc.).

Tizoc

Bleach 480-485
Decided to catch up. Wussy absent minded Shinigami kid needs to have died.
Also
Ganguro booby lady's still alive?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, just discovered something. Unless I've missed it completely before, gangan online seems to have created a section dedicated for romance/shoujo demographic. Seems like gekkan shoujo and barakamon has been relegated to that section.

http://www.ganganonline.com/romance/

Guess this means shoujo stays winning?

Hinomaru Zumou. It hits all the notes you expect to hit and is pretty refined as a work. Very happy to be on the ground floor as this manga grows.

Starbiter Satsuki. It was alright. It needs some work if Mashima wants to do another serial after Fairy Tail Zero. Would rather he resurrect Monster Soul.

Probably never considering the amount of work needed to adapt it in a satisfactory way. I'm afraid you'll have to contend yourself with gifs.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece (better translation)

Now this all makes sense. Well, from a story-telling stand point. There's a lot of new questions, especially about the Op Op Fruit.
Anyone think the Five Elder Stars (the old men running the government) got the ageless surgery? That power and Bonney's power seem to be of great importance to the government.

I think Corazon hates kids as a way of saying "get out while you're still alive". Unlike Doflamingo, he actually cares, but can't express it through speech.

... Fuck Pandas.

Akito

One Piece 761

I'm more interested in the "trump card" that Doflamingo holds. An ancient weapon would be my guess.
Too obvious and the world certainly wouldn't be shaken to its core if the public were to know about it. Probably has something to do with the lost century/the real history of the world.

Zweizer

Banned
Too obvious and the world certainly wouldn't be shaken to its core if the public were to know about it. Probably has something to do with the lost century/the real history of the world.

I guess that makes more sense, though I have to wonder why the World Nobles would let such a thing being known to even their own kin, especially little children, and why would they consider it a "treasure".

Huh, just discovered something. Unless I've missed it completely before, gangan online seems to have created a section dedicated for romance/shoujo demographic. Seems like gekkan shoujo and barakamon has been relegated to that section.

http://www.ganganonline.com/romance/

Guess this means shoujo stays winning?

They know their best market. And also of things that are popular since they have an anime adaptation.

yenpresslicensegekkanshoujoalreadyyyyyyy

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They know their best market. And also of things that are popular since they have an anime adaptation.

yenpresslicensegekkanshoujoalreadyyyyyyy

Gangan online is so weird to me though. Only 3 mangas that I recognise (yandere kanojo, gekkan shoujo and barakamon) but all three are some of the best out there.

Gangan online is so weird to me though. Only 3 mangas that I recognise (yandere kanojo, gekkan shoujo and barakamon) but all three are some of the best out there.

There's also:
Zai x 10
Wa!
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (lol)
Ore ga Akuma de, Aitsu ga Yome de
Domino Kick - Naraberareta Domino o Kick Shitara Dou Naru no Kashira?

There's probably more but I gave up halfway looking at the mangaupdates list, lol

But, I do know there was a bunch of things I do want to read just from looking at the front page

Torikago Syndrome 7-9 END
Bx6Ds_5IIAAWpG5.png:large

Too good shoujo of the psychological variety of sorts, with the bullying and game type thing going on. Beautiful artwork, stunning reveal of daddy long legs and just wholly memorable final chapters once the backstory finally revealed things. I loved the Oscar, Tsugumi, Licht thing going on, bringing those three together and then having some brief friendship moments for them was really sweet and touching, and then the tears and badumps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know, I never read Zetsubou-sensei, I just watched the anime, and then I looked up the ending and.....wat?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The ultimate troll.

Oda wishes he could foreshadow like Kumeta.

Mangabox still adding series in english easily crossing 50 [52 as of Sept 30]. Once again showing how one should do series digitally in english. Viz and other companies need to learn from Mangabox and LINE Webtoons.

Date A Live vol 11

489354752eijw0.jpg

BUT... THE GODDESS REFUSED TO CHANGE.

Why. Is. She. So. Perfect. This went up while I was at work. If my boss doesn't already think I'm an X short of an XII, he sure as hell does now.

Since you probably know the most about this series, how much did the anime cover in regards to the light novel?
Actually, my knowledge of the story is surprisingly limited and is largely focused on a specific, uh, area. I haven't been following the post-anime LN releases, except to check out the art. For reasons.

Anyway, season 1 did vols 1-4 and season 2 did vols 5-7. Some parts were cut, most notably an important reveal from the vol 4 epilogue and various scenes from 6-7. I haven't watched season 2 yet (no, really) so I can't be more specific.

Actually, my knowledge of the story is surprisingly limited and is largely focused on a specific, uh, area. I haven't been following the post-anime LN releases, except to check out the art. For reasons.

Anyway, season 1 did vols 1-4 and season 2 did vols 5-7. Some parts were cut, most notably an important reveal from the vol 4 epilogue and various scenes from 6-7. I haven't watched season 2 yet (no, really) so I can't be more specific.

I'm not surprised, lol

Thanks for the general information, was really just curious about it. I'll need to get around to reading more volumes of the LN.

Rhapsody

Banned
One Piece

Judging from the one panel that was posted in this thread, this new translation is so much better. And flashback time along with a hiatus :/

Bleach

Kubo really needs to stop stalling.

Edit: I should read/watch Date A Live. If not only for Tsunako's art.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Angry Grimace

Sasuke from the new future movie looks sooooooooo dumb
KuGsj.gif

Gold chains and cool-guy bandana.

Angry Grimace

I'm just saying, Sasuke kind of has a point that a system whereby the leader is appointed for life based on their ability in one-on-one combat is probably bad.

My Prediction

Sasuke is presumed dead by everyone in the last chapter except for Naruto (who really knows)

In the end of this movie Naruto sees Sasuke in the forrest leaving in seclusion

Angry Grimace

My Prediction

Sasuke is presumed dead by everyone in the last chapter except for Naruto (who really knows)

In the end of this movie Naruto sees Sasuke in the forrest leaving in seclusion

I really doubt that as it would basically invalidate the major theme of the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom