• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
what theme?

The one where beating the shit out of the guy who disagrees with you doesn't actually resolve the cycle of violence. That is literally the plot of Naruto. Naruto beating the shit out of Sasuke until he either dies or Sasuke leaves angry is not actually a different result from Hashirama beating the shit out of Madara until left angry.

The one where beating the shit out of the guy who disagrees with you doesn't actually resolve the cycle of violence. That is literally the plot of Naruto. Naruto beating the shit out of Sasuke until he either dies or Sasuke leaves angry is not actually a different result from Hashirama beating the shit out of Madara until left angry.

Never meant that he kills him

for all we know Sasuke saves Naruto from some freak accident jutsu (which Sasuke might of made) and then dies leaving everyone in disbelief.... Of course in the end no one knows if Sasuke had a change of heart in the last few seconds before his "death" but it is later addressed in the movie

Edit: I could also see him dying in some blast where they can't verify or find the body afterwards

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never meant that he kills him

for all we know Sasuke saves Naruto from some freak accident jutsu (which Sasuke might of made) and then dies leaving everyone in disbelief.... Of course in the end no one knows if Sasuke had a change of heart in the last few seconds before his "death" but it is later addressed in the movie

Edit: I could also see him dying in some blast where they can't verify or find the body afterwards

I doubt it. That has the same effect. There isn't any reason for Sasuke to be exiled and the only people who are even "alive" to watch this are Team 7. Its also already been established they have to release the binding jutsu together.

Zweizer

Banned
yea (the site listed is not a scan hosting site, so don't freak out)

Hahaha so radical.

Does this mean Talk no Jutsu should actually be vindicated? Now if only it could be handled competently...

Angry Grimace

If I had to guess, Naruto's going to give a Reason You Suck speech where he tells Sasuke that imposing his will through being stronger than everyone else is not in fact different from the system he claims to hate.

Come on I know it sounds cheesy or played out but how else is it going to end?

Ending scene of Naruto the Last Movie: Naruto and Sasuke either walk away from each other or After Sasuke does something that saves everyone (In which they believe Naruto did it) Naruto sees Sasuke in the distance... hidden from everyone else

Someone from the Leaf asks Naruto if he saw someone.... he denies it and begins to join his friends... as they both walk away they somewhat grin

CREDITS

♪ BLAH BLAH SINGING GUY IN THE BACKGROUND BLAH BLAH MAYBE ANOTHER MOVIE LATER FOR $$$ ♪

Angry Grimace

Come on I know it sounds cheesy or played out but how else is it going to end?

Ending scene of Naruto the Last Movie: Naruto and Sasuke either walk away from each other or After Sasuke does something that saves everyone (In which they believe Naruto did it) Naruto sees Sasuke in the distance... hidden from everyone else

Someone from the Leaf asks Naruto if he saw someone.... he denies it and begins to join his friends... as they both walk away they somewhat grin

CREDITS

Its apparently part of a long-term project with them all as adults. Which would be dumb if Sasuke just lived in the woods all angry or whatever.

Spoiler from the revealed designs: all the girls get sexiness upgrades.

Its apparently part of a long-term project with them all as adults. Which would be dumb if Sasuke just lived in the woods all angry or whatever.
Well he does look like Snow from FF13 and we know how depressing THAT guy gets

Sasuke the SAGE OF THE WOODS... Grumble Grumble
Spoiler from the revealed designs: all the girls get sexiness upgrades
Except Hinata.... seriously her, Kiba, Shino are all missing and haven't been show yet

they died a sad death in their cocoons

Angry Grimace

Well he does look like Snow from FF13 and we know how depressing THAT guy gets

Sasuke the SAGE OF THE WOODS... Grumble Grumble

Except Hinata.... seriously her, Kiba, Shino are all missing and haven't been show yet

they died a sad death in their cocoons

lol:

Tumblr lulz
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/d555610459c8a1209a724a9a4ad1733f/tumblr_inline_nc5havFgqu1shl2nn.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/176abcc40f153e1cff4d0478788a5fd1/tumblr_inline_nc5hc2lnHg1shl2nn.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/f6509dd571d88f9244e0d3bb9e21ed29/tumblr_inline_nc5hcrtKjS1shl2nn.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b5ac564019cc5a6c0d70118acae67798/tumblr_inline_nc5herQ5Gu1shl2nn.png[/IMG]

Angry Grimace

I mean, Noctis is a fucking blatant rip off of Sasuke...

but if Kishi chose to change Sasuke to look like Snow just to spite Square then he lost

One of the worst FF characters and Sqaure get to keep Sasuke's design as their own

of course this is all fictional

Angry Grimace

His design changed quite a bit from his 2006 design lol

I don't feel he looks like Sasuke right now.

You must be watching a different FFXV.

Tn5yiJz.png

mZzWioL.png

Angry Grimace

Would bald Naruto be an improvement?

Its kind of interesting how the new adult characters don't really resemble the previous adult characters in the series (particularly the female characters). Like they have a completely different art-style.

Thanks to the person who linked the spoiler image of Soma here in the last page.

That was real "nice" :mad:

Naruto

Sasuke looks like a male Tayuya who just got out of jail.

Angry Grimace

Wait...is that real?

Looking at the render he looks more a random J-pop star than Sasuke, but maybe that jst me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude, he has the same collar, the same hair and the same face and his eyes turn red when he uses his powers. Its Sasuke.

kasane

my sleep schedule is really killing me

i need to reverse this

The god of highschool

Please come back to solo hand to hand fights with no bullshit powers

Hibi Chouchou 48

this is like shyness moe. HUG HIMM

Baby steps 232

:3

Mairunovich

Best boy is gonna lose again

RIOT

Angry Grimace

I believe that Sasuke/Hinata is a pretty popular fanfic ship, actually.

Zweizer

Banned
Sumire 17-sai!! ch1-End

Sumire 17-sai!!, the sequel of Sumire 16-sai!!, although it was published first, so you won't really see any continuity with 16-sai!!, which is kind of a shame really, but Sumire remains the same cute little artificial girl that everyone loves~~~

I have to say however that, probably due to it being an early prototype of sorts, there are some issues that keep it from being as enjoyable as its prequel, in particular the first few chapters, which seem to be more keen on playing with its concept, an old man and his doll-character, as much as possible, and as such they felt rather rushed and unfocused, not to mention that it was somewhat heavy-handed in the way it portrays Sumire's positive influence, and even though its prequel wasn't particularily subtle about it, it was particularily blatant in 17-sai!!, but to its credit there were some interesting ideas that didn't get featured in 16-sai!!, and some of them were pretty funny or touching~

An interesting experiment 17-sai!! did was to depict future consequences of Sumire's actions at the end of certain chapters, which was a pretty neat way to depict how her actions helped improve other peoples' lives, furthering her status as a "person", although it's a shame the author didn't really further explore this idea, because I must say they were pretty touching, especially when these people express their gratitude towards Sumire~~~

The art is slightly worse than 16-sai!!, which is to be expected, considering this came out first, although the differences aren't that noticeable, mostly on the secondary characters, and Sumire actually has remained unchanged, which might be a meta joke about how she's artificial~

One thing that struck me as odd however, is how expressive the old man is compared to 16-sai!!, especially during the first half, which was probably due to the author trying to play him up as a creepy lecher before, of course, subverting these expectations, and this particularity somewhat affects negatively the concept of the old man being little more than a meta representation of the author, although this only affects a couple chapters, so it's not a big issue~

Ultimately, Sumire 17-sai!! is a rather rough prototype of 16-sai!!, but it explores some interesting ideas, a couple of which not featured in the prequel, and Sumire herself has remained relatively the same, so those who have already read 16-sai!! should appreciate reading the sequel, if only to take a look at its origins, but before all else to appreciate the hilarity Sumire brings to her entourage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom