• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Horimiya 38 - I guess we already knew he was rather gloomy but it's still "weird" reading that Miyamura was that depressed when younger :(

also, d'awwww.

Lain

Just went to check what kind of manga is titled WOMBS.

You really know your stuff, huh, Lain?

It's a Sci-fi manga with some pretty adult themes and a kinda realistic look on what women in the military would have to go through, especially considering what the women in the story here are used for.
It's quite interesting. Wish it was scanlated so I could at least continue reading it.

Don't think it was serialized, maybe at first, but I think later on it was just published under the IKKI imprint, just not in the magazine. I might try and churn through author's blog entry later... also WOMBS currently has 4 volumes, 5th is last.

Oh, I was just going by what MU showed (I swear it said 3 before, just now checked and it says 4 lol). Even worse, since we've been stuck on volume 2 for a year now here and I fear it's been canned.
Any info though would be appreciated.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Horimiya 38 - I guess we already knew he was rather gloomy but it's still "weird" reading that Miyamura was that depressed when younger :(

also, d'awwww.
I mean, it's not out of the question I think. He was super isolated to the point of inflicting self harm onto himself... At least that's my interpretation of why I think he got piercings.

scy

Peephole 33 - waifu has another girl to kill?!

That family just likes getting murdered I guess

I mean, it's not out of the question I think. He was super isolated to the point of inflicting self harm onto himself... At least that's my interpretation of why I think he got piercings.

Yeah. I more just mean I didn't expect it to just outright mention it? Something like that.

Zweizer

Banned
It's a Sci-fi manga with some pretty adult themes and a kinda realistic look on what women in the military would have to go through, especially considering what the women in the story here are used for.
It's quite interesting. Wish it was scanlated so I could at least continue reading it.

Oh, I don't doubt it's interesting, but that doesn't make the theme any less... strange.

Going to check out if the volumes are available over here. Thanks for the recommendation.

Peephole 33 - waifu has another girl to kill?!

That family just likes getting murdered I guess

As long as she doesn't try to hit on the dude she should be safe.

She's going to get murdered, isn't she?

Horimiya 38

no fucks given, she went beast mode on him :O

and i like the fact she's mostly the tough one in the relationship.

now to wait for the next chapter..... :/

Arachnid 32-33
1oPAv9W.png
Ceiling centipede is watching you oil yourself.

Fighting hand-to-hand why? She'd be pretty fearsome with an actual weapon, since she can seemingly outspeed Gokiburi. The cockroach is seriously overdue to actually beat someone now, though I'd rather it was someone unlikable. Also if Kabuto's dead from that I'll eat a rhinoceros beetle.

Nisekoi 132

Biased and unjustified disqualifications aside, voting Haru over Paula in that scenario ought to be punishable by a date with her sister.

Mortemis

Banned
Horimiya 38

Damn, that beginning. Dem feels. Miyamura should've ripped that guy's head off, I'm sure he could. Hori turned to a beast when needed though, lol.

Soma

Horimiya 38

Really nice chapter.

Kinda two-fold. Introduction shows how far he's come since the beginning of the story while the second half shows that he's still got a while to go before he's able to completely deal with things. Also, Hori for best girlfriend. They're so good for each other <3

dani_dc

Nisekoi 132

Poor Marika, I guess that's the only way of giving anyone else a shot at winning.

Paula clearly deserved a spot on those last 5, even without talking.

We also find out that there's a group of creeps after Haru, I'd be worried about that.

Overall I'd say Kosaki has the upper hand, Haru has little chance despite being the superior Onodera.

VRMN

Haru will win because its a Haru arc.

This. They're setting this whole thing up as Haru having a bit of an inferiority complex due in part to her sister. It's nothing severe, but her lack of self-awareness, as Fuu put it, is because she's comparing herself to Kosaki. Her beating Kosaki seems very likely as a way to finish this process of reentering her into the contest for Raku's heart.

Sure she has no chance whatsoever, but hey. She has her fans and I'm one of them. Not going to object to her being around more often than she has been as of late.

scy

This. They're setting this whole thing up as Haru having a bit of an inferiority complex due in part to her sister. It's nothing severe, but her lack of self-awareness, as Fuu put it, is because she's comparing herself to Kosaki. Her beating Kosaki seems very likely as a way to finish this process of reentering her into the contest for Raku's heart.

Sure she has no chance whatsoever, but hey. She has her fans and I'm one of them. Not going to object to her being around more often than she has been as of late.

It's kind of a shame that Haru is so interesting since she's literally an impossible route :(

VRMN

Well, at least not to the extent of Haru's impossibility since she lacks a key! :x

My honest opinion is that the identity of the true keyholder (since only one of the four is the 'real' key) is going to be Kosaki...and then Raku will pick Chitoge anyway. It's the way it's been set up; the feelings for the girl from his past in the end can't and won't outweigh his feelings in the present.

This could be done with literally any two girl combination provided one of the two has "the" key. It's just pretty obvious the two girl combination is going to be Kosaki and Chitoge. Always has been.

Charade

Keyman 14

Whoa, was not expecting that.
I don't think he's dead though, since we don't even know anything about him really.

scy

It's the way it's been set up; the feelings for the girl from his past in the end can't and won't outweigh his feelings in the present.

Going to need time to develop a real Raku x Chitoge arc. It's there, sure, but he's still 1.5 years into this pining for Onodera. That said, I agree with how it'll most likely go down (or it'll end up not mattering and then they find out after the fact it's Chitoge anyway).

or it goes on for several more years in the story for some reason and then nobody wins

dani_dc

My honest opinion is that the identity of the true keyholder (since only one of the four is the 'real' key) is going to be Kosaki...and then Raku will pick Chitoge anyway. It's the way it's been set up; the feelings for the girl from his past in the end can't and won't outweigh his feelings in the present.

This could be done with literally any two girl combination provided one of the two has "the" key. It's just pretty obvious the two girl combination is going to be Kosaki and Chitoge. Always has been.

I'm actually thinking it will be the opposite situation that will happen regarding Chitoge and Kosaki.

The identity of the girl in the past hasn't mattered since Raku came to terms that the girl he liked was Kosaki (which actually happened very early on in the series). Sure he has grown closer to Chitoge as the series went on, but he's clearly still after Kosaki first and foremost.

A Simple Survey

A group of university students watch a series of short films and are tasked with ranking them afterwards.

Basically it is a collection of weird and interesting short stories from the writer of the Indexverse. They are all pretty creative and it was fun going from one genre to the next like how most short story collections are.

Then, you get to rank them which somehow leads to what girl you finish the story with. I mean it was kinda cool this suddenly become a choose your own adventure thing but eh. There was some hints about what is really going on but it wasn't as interesting as the short stories were.

I'm actually thinking it will be the opposite situation that will happen regarding Chitoge and Kosaki.

The identity of the girl in the past hasn't mattered since Raku came to terms that the girl he liked was Kosaki (which actually happened very early on in the series). Sure he has grown closer to Chitoge as the series went on, but he's clearly still after Kosaki first and foremost.

The thing about him and Onodera is that Onodera is really just a high school crush for him. His relationship with her hasn't developed whatsoever.

The only characters with actual strong relationship development with him have been Chitoge and (oddly enough) Haru.

I can't see this ending with Onodera winning.

also something something oneshot

VRMN

I'm probably giving the author far, far too much credit, but I tend to think titles matter and that they often have dual meanings. In this instance I think the dual meaning is, of course, the on the face meaning about Raku and Chitoge's outward relationship...as well as what I think is a reference to his feelings towards Kosaki. That is, an infatuation that isn't particularly deep...or a false love. He may be pining for her, but he's closer to and more comfortable with Chitoge at this point. Heck, I'll go ahead and agree with PhillipCostigan too. He has more chemistry with Haru than Kosaki.

But again, I'm probably giving the author of a harem romantic comedy manga more credit than he deserves.

Aizo

Banned
Eyeshield 21 - Vol. 32
The only player that seems that difficult to overcome is Taka. Monta will have his hands full with that. Otherwise, I could see them winning this. I guess I won't be surprised either way--whether they win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom