• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konya mo Nemurenai 19 (end)
tumblr_n9dlur75RC1tdrt42o1_500.png

I should have realized it sooner in the last chapter since the conflict resolved, but it finally ended. I wanted so much more as through the years it was one of the few BL that I looked forward too. I can't believe three years have gone by for it and that it stayed so engaging the whole time. Started off so bright in 2011 with its pretty unique and hilarious summoning method for the demon, Endou that still makes Rikiya not want to talk about it. But then theyre slow method of taking things and developing feelings for another along with the friend Higuchi and his Verde (who are getting a spinoff next issue, yes), along with some action moments in terms of fighting the demon fiance and more, kept it from being pure romance to being engaging suspenseful, and unique. Will definitely be revisiting it and I hope in the future volume an extra chapter on them post this chapter is made. The two pages of them connecting and interaction was so brief (yet funny) and the two kisses in the series were sweet. WIll definitely always read Yamamoto Kotetsuko future works.

this has finally returned? hmmmmm

might just wait until it builds up some chapters before tackling it again.

If your not reading off a phone read off http://thcmpny.com/naver.html, since it condenses the page so it's not expanded throughout the screen like the normal Naver English site does.

Tower of God S3E1

Translation is getting better but still much more awkward sounding then the usual translation I'm used to. Overall good setup chapter and nice to see SIU back in action and hope his wrist is better now.

Zweizer

Banned
Hmm so I just noticed this one. Firmly in lain territory

Just read that one. Laughed at how meta it was by having the MC find a LN that turns out to be magical and then it develops like a LN.

But yeah, the rest is pretty much standard vanilla smut.

Usagi Drop 1-5
well at least this time around, this mc is doing a great job at not being a wimp you want to slap in the face and actually kinda great.
On the other side, why does this kind of manga mostly starts with a funeral or death or its just me?

Akito

Usagi Drop 1-5
well at least this time around, this mc is doing a great job at not being a wimp you want to slap in the face and actually kinda great.
On the other side, why does this kind of manga mostly starts with a funeral or death or its just me?
How else can you bring a adult & single man to take care of some unknown little child and with everyone around them be ok with it?
;)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Itoshi no Karin 1
This guy's kind of creepy.

Itoshi no Karin 2
that walk of shame, looool

Itoshi no Karin 3
lol

Itoshi no Karin 4
I'd be a little creeped out if he memorized an address like that.

scy

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 14.1 - ......................................

Okay.

Itoshi no Karin 4
I'd be a little creeped out if he memorized an address like that.

It's not even that complicated of an address though :(

This is honestly why I just play dumb most the time and pretend to forget things.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even that complicated of an address though :(

This is honestly why I just play dumb most the time and pretend to forget things.
What was the address anyway? I wasn't paying attention, I was just taking her word for it being long. But the way this guy treats her like glass is kind of annoying.

Itoshi no Karin 5
how did she fall for this guy already.

scy

What was the address anyway? I wasn't paying attention, I was just taking her word for it being long.

You never see the whole thing in it's entirety but it's basically her name, her birthday (presumably), and Marin's name.

But the way this guy treats her like glass is kind of annoying.

I'm having a feeling you're not going to like this.

You never see the whole thing in it's entirety but it's basically her name, her birthday (presumably), and Marin's name.

I'm having a feeling you're not going to like this.

Yeah seems I gave a bad choice....Also am I insane for trying to catch up to Conan? I'm at 488 of 900somthing...and now I just started Vagabond also.

scy

Yeah seems I gave a bad choice...

I think it's a super sweet manga, it's just that if the issue is going to be Yutaka's total nice guy pedestal shtick then that never really goes away. Even with (especially with?) the confession response.

On the bright side, it's not terribly long at the moment so it's still super sweet but it's not like he'll stop being a nice guy getting walked over.

Also, keep in mind that Chapters 1-6 are over the course of about a month (it's early June at the start, near the middle of July at 6) . The passage of time is fairly abrupt. I think we're already nearly 5 months in since the start by whenever Chapter 16 occurs. Still a rather sudden "wait, she likes him?" but it's at least over some kind of time frame and not like a few days.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah seems I gave a bad choice....
Nah, it's no biggie. It's sort of getting cuter now that it looks like it's reciprocated, but I just don't see how the romance began is all.

Also, keep in mind that Chapters 1-6 are over the course of about a month (it's early June at the start, near the end of July at 6) . The passage of time is fairly abrupt. I think we're already nearly 5 months in since the start by whenever Chapter 16 occurs. Still a rather sudden "wait, she likes him?" but it's at least over some kind of time frame and not like a few days.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much time passed. The author didn't really do a good job of saying, "hey these kids have been together for a while now, unseen".

Read Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru next

then all time favorite Seishun FORGET
I've read Seishun FORGET already. I've heard of the other one, never started it though because the summary wasn't super interesting...

Itoshi no Karin 8
wtf was that confession. And then they suddenly change scenes to the next day?! Like wtf. What is even going on. The structure of this is stupid.

Itoshi no Karin 9
The little sister is super cute. And dude, no, don't dump her by thinking you're doing her a favor. You're supposed to discuss these things together.

scy

Yeah, I didn't realize how much time passed. The author didn't really do a good job of saying, "hey these kids have been together for a while now, unseen".

To be fair, 1-5 is basically over two weeks and they actually don't spend any time together during it so it's really a "huh, why is she crushing on him?" moment. 5-6 is another jump in time of three weeks and it's mentioned a lot of time spent together, albeit casually at work / bus ride home daily.

But ... both these time gaps are mentioned. The only difficult part is figuring out when the story starts but it should be early June. The timeframe is probably a lot easier for Japanese students too since it's framed with exams and summer vacation :x

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really...
Not that super interesting. Charade pls

To be fair, 1-5 is basically over two weeks and they actually don't spend any time together during it so it's really a "huh, why is she crushing on him?" moment. 5-6 is another jump in time of three weeks and it's mentioned a lot of time spent together, albeit casually at work / bus ride home daily.
The "huh, why is she crushing on him?" is the part bothering me the most, really.

Itoshi no Karin 11
I think this chapter may fail the Bechdel test?

Itoshi no Karin 12

is this gap moe

scy

The "huh, why is she crushing on him?" is the part bothering me the most, really.

Yeah. 6+ makes a bit more sense (but then sudden confession on Chapter 8 makes that awkward) so the pacing feels like an extended one-shot. The fact it's monthly makes it awkward too. If it wraps up relatively soon-ish (like, within a volume), it'll be fine personally. It's already pretty much given a time limit at this point anyway.

Itoshi no Karin 11
I think this chapter may fail the Bechdel test?

I was going to make a joke about "things pass that?" but then I realized most the other Karin scenes with her friends are actually about pretty much anything but guys. Huh. Go figure.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to make a joke about "things pass that?" but then I realized most the other Karin scenes with her friends are actually about pretty much anything but guys. Huh. Go figure.
That's why I brought it up in the first place.

Itoshi no Karin 12
Didn't expect her to catch onto how he liked her... She always struck me as the oblivious sort. Also, dick move, MC. Dick move.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Itoshi no Karin 13
I guess there was no resolution to her problem this chapter.

Itoshi no Karin 14
This was super cute. Also sort of a dick move, giving her hope like that.

Itoshi no Karin 15
That was a really half assed fairy tale.

Zweizer

Banned
Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous ch2-4

What a bizarre setting. Mitsuru is the rather standard bro though.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous ch5-6

The setting is getting weirder. Parallels world now?
At least the fight was pretty enjoyable in a Jojo-esque way of creative application of powers (even if the eyeball heating made no sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom